Okay ######### am I supposed to do when...

Options
Atrushan88
Atrushan88 Member Posts: 2,084
edited November 2019 in General Discussions

A Hag spends 1/4th of someone's hook bar after their first hook trapping the basement and no one seems to have Urban Evasion or a Flashlight? I don't bring Flashlights because people's egos are so friggin fragile any time they see one they immediately put on an ebony, and I don't bring Urban Evasion because that only helps against ONE killer. Do I run there and trade a hook for another hook, where literally it's just gonna happen again and Hag wins anyways? Do I let them go into struggle? What the hell do I do because honestly if you're spending that long trapping the basement someone's gonna either be forced to get a 2 hook or she's just gonna get everyone?

I mean it's pretty much camping because of how long she stayed there, so I guess I could leave them on the hook, but camping at least will get her 2 kills.

Comments

• PistolTimb
    PistolTimb Member Posts: 1,414
    Options

Run borrowed time and yolo it

• Atrushan88
    edited November 2019
    Options

If I push gens, she still has enough time to get another person by the time they die.

If I wait for her to get in a chase and go down, that person goes into struggle. Seems like a lose-lose.

She'd still hook me, which would just cause the same scenario.

• Zoldyar
    Zoldyar Member Posts: 438
    edited November 2019
    Options

To be honest, there is no right or wrong answer. People might try and be smart by saying "do gens " but they aren't too experience in that situation. This is because there is a good chance that the surivior will kill or dc from not having fun playing the game. This will allow the killer to hook and camp another person allowing the killer to most likely win the game because people will keep on dcing from it.

Let's say they don't dc (even though it's most realistic) because you are not playing a swf there is a good chance one of your team mates will go down recusing him. This will lead to that team mate getting knock down and also getting face camp to where the killer gets two kill. This will mean the killer doesn't have to leave the area and can just wait for all of them to die to head off for the next person.

Moreover, if you slowly walk down and unhook the person the killer would know and just head back because if you were to run, the traps activate. If you were to walk, the killer will come back in time.

Finally, let's say the surivior does get Unhook, the killer would simply knock the person who just got Unhook which will faster the person's death time and allow the killer to camp someone else. So you are pretty much certain to hold an L that game unless you find as many ways to farm out of that game.

• xCarrie
    xCarrie Member Posts: 982
    Options

Easy, nerf hag.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,503
    edited November 2019
    Options

Honestly, I am at the point where I dont go for Basement Saves vs Hag (usually, there might be an exception).

Basement vs Hag is almost dead anyway, no reason to give her this Snowball-Potential. Recently had a match where all 3 people managed to get down in/near the Basement, because they tried to get one person out of it.

If it is 100% manageable, I go. Otherwise, sucks for this person, but you should really avoid to go down near the Basement anyway.

EDIT: If the Killer is camping, do Gens. No point in wasting time crouching near the hooked person, in fact, the Killer is more productive at this point than the Survivor, because he keeps people off Gens, lol.

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,545
    Options

Depends.

If you trigger another trap, will she tp?

If yes, lead her away so another person can get the save.

If not, well... do gens. Not much more you can do if she wants to trap the entire basement and camp the damn thing.

Unless you have flashlights and/or urban evasion. Or just wanna yolo it with bt.

The healing thing that gives you deep wounds could help too.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

Crouch?

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144
    Options

This is why I despise Hag. 99% of them will attempt to snowball off hooked survivors.

Arguably the most boring way to play.

For basement rescues, your best bet is a coordinated SWF play.

• Atrushan88
    edited November 2019
    Options

I think I mentioned what would happen if I crouched. 25% of the survivor's struggle bar is already down by the time she traps the basement. The other 25% would be used up plus more by the time I got to the survivor, meaning they'd already be in struggle. Crouching out would also take too much time to the point where she'd get to us before we got out.

Sarcastic or smart alecky remarks aren't necessary.

• Undeadbear13
    Undeadbear13 Member Posts: 33
    Options

Honestly I feel like this is one of those situations where the devs should totally look into, like for example leatherface has a issue of being to camp heavy and you could fix this slightly by fixing insidious to fit the current meta. But honestly idk how I'd go about solving the issue because of the fact that if that was my swf group or me solo and I saw that I would stay the heck away and focus on gens. Like honestly it's just not worth it. I tend to stay away from most basement saves because of this exact reason and try to get any gen near the basement done quickly to try to avoid someone getting trapped there. Like imo survivors should just try to avoid the basement area especially if you are dealing with killers like trapper hag or demo it's just not really safe to risk especially if you get out down into the basement.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    Options

If she's spent the last 30 seconds placing traps, she's probably used pretty much all of them. No one is getting out of that basement alive. Your options in that scenario are:

(a) Suck it up and crouch anyway, and hope the hooked person does the same once you rescue them. They'll probably reach second stage before you get to them, but at least you might get them out of there alive, and you can all give the basement a wide berth for the rest of the game.

(b) Once you realise she's trapping the basement, search a chest and hope for a yellow flashlight, which might help you get down in time to rescue your teammate.

(c) Ignore them and let them die because the risk is too great.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,076
    Options

Why run hag when bubba is the way to go

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,071
    Options

I play Hag in at least half of my games. You need two people to unhook the basement against a Hag.Someone needs to YOLO through the traps and take a hit as a decoy while a second person moves close to crouch downstairs. You're just going to hook trade if you send one. She's ridiculously powerful against solo survivors and weak against coordinated teams of competent players.

• Venoxxie
    Venoxxie Member Posts: 300
    Options

See, a lot of people DC against Freddy or Spirit but I would sooner DC against Hag (even though I won't anyway). She's OP in a way most people don't realize. I just feel like traps should not be allowed to be put in the vicinity of the basement or in the basement. All the hag has to do is put 2-3 traps on the stairs and then a few in the surrounding area. But same goes for Trapper, you have to spend time taking out traps to get out safely and if he hears the notifications he comes straight back.

There's no winning against basement hags and trappers.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,114
    Options

It takes time to draw 20 triangles.

• Bloodwidow
    Bloodwidow Member Posts: 190
    Options

Lisa Sherwood! Stop drawing your triangles in the classroom!

• Atrushan88
    Options

Yeah, I would suggest increasing her drawing speed to fix this but at the same time that would possibly make her as strong as Spirit currently is.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

Just do the gamer move and hope your team mates are on the same page and trigger every trap and immediately run out of there hoping that the hag decides to come and chase you down instead of still camping the hook is my suggestion.

• HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985
    Options

Well Bc with hag you can trap the basement and leave, with bubba you can’t.

• FoggyDownpour
    FoggyDownpour Member Posts: 288
    Options

For starters, don't let yourself go down near the basement. It sounds obvious, but it's surprising how far you can run the killer even if you're not good at juking. Make sure you know the location of the basement and stay away from it in a chase

My second thought on this is that urban is good against all killers, not just hag. UE makes certain unsafe areas safe to hide in and that's a plus against any killer. Going against the hag while running it is just a bonus.

As for unhooking in the basement, either take the time to crouch (urban is a bonus), borrow that time, heal under the hook (we'll make it or a medkit is great here), flashlight if available, and Kindred is always a great information giver for the team as well. There are ways to deal with it, but honestly the best way is to prevent the basement hag from happening at all by stating away from the basement in a chase

• YamiTheFurry
    YamiTheFurry Member Posts: 229
    Options

The Hag got the down and used her power to defend the hook and it took some time todo so and you consider that camping? And Hag's power does have a built in counter all surviors have crouch!!! If you don't want to take the time and crouch then don't rescue them nothing says you have too so quit whinning.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,071
    Options

Trust me, she's not OP. She just forces a team to coordinate in a way other killers don't, which is why she seems oppressive against solo squads. She has the hardest time out of any killer in getting their first hook. The worst are the squads that disarm traps as I set them and then tank hits for each other, so I can never have more than 4 traps down and I'm always forced into a chase at 110% or I let my traps pop for nothing.

• Atrushan88
    Options

I said spending 50% of someone's first hook phase trapping the hell out of them is BASICALLY camping. She stayed there until there was no way to get the person off the hook before they went into struggle without hook trading UNLESS someone had Urban Evasion. What else would you call that?

• JetTheWaffleCat
    JetTheWaffleCat Member Posts: 284
    Options

There's not much you can do without Urban or a Flashlight. Either you can risk it all and run through every trap and hope you don't have to trade.

Crouch to not set off everything, but have all the traps up the stairs to deal with while escaping the basement.

If possible, you can try to coordinate a team play by having everyone running down the basement to unhook, then everyone can have a chance to escape by taking protection hits each other.

But the chances of that happening in a solo game is very unlikely.