Something telling us when we are going against swf.

Options
yoi
yoi Member Posts: 338

Something lots of games have and this one not Is the possibility of playing solo or in coms With Even different servers probably not possible here but at least a mark above survivors head indicating who are in coms could he helpfull to know if i'm going against solo or swf. If i want to have a chill Game and playing a weak killer to have fun or do meme builds probably i don't want to play a 4 man microphones squad With no sense coordination so could be Nice to add that.

Comments

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    Options

I know that the killer wants to have fun, that's half my point. I want to have fun when I play killer as well. But the killer isn't going to have fun if they can't get a game, because the queues are all messed up between the lobby dodging and the fact that no one wants to play a game that punishes them for enjoying it with friends. I'm not going to go into the issues around penalising SWF because this thread isn't actually about that. It's about the merits of telling killers in advance whether survivors are playing with friends or not, and my point was that although it may sound good on paper, a system like that is actually disadvantageous for everyone, killers included.

• NoFace
    NoFace Member Posts: 151
    Options

I would say only at the end game screen. If you could see if the survivors were SWF in the lobby, there would be a ton of lobby dodging.

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275
    Options

This. There's not even a legitimate use for this info, besides as a dodging tool.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144
    Options

That's a fair point. Just be careful when you say SWF teams aren't efficient.

Because they are.

• Undeadbear13
    Undeadbear13 Member Posts: 33
    Options

considering the devs are balancing around a 2k, I would reccomend not trying to get a 4k every game, they are nice though, so I mean, hey goals.

Anyway onto the actual topic, I serioulsy hope they dont implement this. I would not be surprised if the majority of matches, have at least 2 friends in many of them.

• MeatBycicle
    MeatBycicle Member Posts: 756
    Options

Try getting a 2k in purple and red ranks as killer and see what happens.

• MeatBycicle
    Options

It is only disadvantageous for SWF. I'd gladly wait a little longer as a killer to get a non SWF group. People don't get that a brown-green rank SWF group is severely different than a red rank SWF group.

Red rank SWF is literally zero ######### fun for the killer at all. It is literally just fun for the survivors and incredibly unbalanced at that.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

This, 2k balancing average means nothing in red ranks

• MeatBycicle
    Options

As a survivor in purple - red you can die and still pip. 2 people can get out, 2 can die, 1 can die, 3 can escape, all can escape, all can die and you still pip.

Killer literally will sweat super hard in red rank, get 3 kills, last person escapes, have fun with your black pip.

• PandaChris
    PandaChris Member Posts: 140
    edited November 2019
    Options

This absolutely should be put into the game as long as there is punishment for lobby dodging.

Anyone who says there is no legitimate info given from this has no idea what they are talking about. Knowing you are facing a 2, 3, 4 stack would benefit the killer by telling them the team they are facing that some if not all will have comms. This can effect what perks, addons, killers they choose to use. Knowing this info tells the killer to be more cautious around downed surviors near pallets, knowing you have a larger chance at getting flashlighted or body blocked, knowing that most SWF teams coordinate some of their perks. It helps prepare the mental state of the player for the possibility of a harder game. I could probably think of more but all of this gives info to the killer and in turn should relieve some stress at playing killer especially at higher ranks.

There is absolutely no reason to hide this information from the killer because no matter if its the sweatiest or an uncoordinated SWF 2, 3, 4 stack, saying the simplist "the killer is chasing me" or "ill go for the save" or "this gen is almost done" provides such an advantage with the biggest factor of the game, time. Now solo survivors can be aware of this stuff too but at a degree thats harder.

For example when a solo player is on a gen they dont really know how safe they are or where the killer is. If a SWF member is on a gen all that has to be said from another member is "the killer is chasing me" or "the killer is chasing the other dude". Then instantly you know you are fairly safe. It doesnt have to be some sweaty team to give this info. Its very basic and has a huge advantage and the advantage is multiplied by how many members are in a SWF team.

It is absolutely mind boggling how rabid people are in not wanting their SWF touched. This isnt even about nerfing SWF, this is about giving the killer some information.

Also insane dc'ing has been going around for awhile now and it hasnt affected the player base numbers. So if some rotten apples lobby dodge and get punished for it. Its not this doomsday scenerio people keep talking about.

Post edited by PandaChris on
  • AngryFluffy
    AngryFluffy Member Posts: 443
    edited November 2019
    Options

Speaking as survivor main whos playing swf (most of the time with one friend, sometimes in a full group), I'd appreciate an indicator in the lobby where everyone can see how many SWFs are in that lobby. Just numbers, nothing more.

Example: two people SWF and two people solo, something like "2 - 1 - 1", full team just "4"

This would help the killer prepare and it would maybe also help solo survivors.

Few days ago I had a game against a spirit on the game map with the most "toxic" add ons and gameplay. She completely destroyed the team. In the afterchat she asked us if we were a 4 man SWF and when we told her we only two, she even apologized for playing that sweaty and said we looked like a strong group in the lobby, that's why she played like that.

And I mean I can understand. And I think full SWF have a big advantage, which could maybe be better balanced if the killer could prepare for that. At the same time killers would probably not completely destroy a few solos by accident.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,571
    Options

Why not? That's like saying two Survivors should just accept that they will die and not try to get a 4 escape game.

I will always try to get a 4K. Whatever it takes, because that's how I define an ultimate win. Complete domination. It's actually quite fun.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,289
    Options

There's nothing wrong with it as long as you don't get straight up angry if you don't get it in my opinion, at that point it gets borderline unhealthy when stuff like hatch and keys exist. There's certainly people that are like that, just like survivors that get pissy if they die even if they played a great game up until that point 😄

• CronaWins
    CronaWins Member Posts: 650
    Options

No.

We don't need killers dodging queues.

Queue up and get better.

• theArashi
    theArashi Member Posts: 998
    Options

Most games have swf people in them. Nothing wrong with that necessarily so you shouldn't bother with that.

On the other hand, some people should be marked as simply very good players and matched accordingly with giving the killer/survivor something extra for even going against them.

Of course I don't mean the rank. Rank doesn't mean anything. There should be something else to tell that for example you are going against he killer with 4k hours that 4ked his last 100 matches or a survivor that has 4 k hours and he escaped or ended the games with 25k points every time.

• Rex_Huin
    Rex_Huin Member Posts: 1,208
    Options

I'm always surprised that SWF don't wear the same clothes more often. You would think it would be an advantage.

For example the killer wouldn't know which one was on their last hook.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,097
    Options

There are so few truly problematic 4 stacks that you'll eventually have the names and character combinations memorized after you've seen them a few times. There sre maybe 5 groups where I either dodge or put on my tryhard pants for 1 or 2 kills.

• CronaWins
    CronaWins Member Posts: 650
    Options

My comment still stands.

You know how to beat SWF buddies who can't play survivor without their clutch comms telling each other how to play and what to do? You get better.

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201
    Options

Even playing as a solo player I tend to play with perks that help me as if I was in swf.

Everyone plays optimal nowadays because killers like hillbilly, spirit, nurse applied the pressure to them at some point and time and now it's get to work or just play something else.

If bhvr marked targets because they are able to communicate then I bet you will be surprised at how not every good player is swf.

• yoi
    yoi Member Posts: 338
    edited November 2019
    Options

dont you worry man i get to rank 1 every single season and i dont need spirit, billy and nurse to do it ;) thats not the problem the thing is way simple if i want to have a chill game and not get stressed (probably because i like to play weak killers) agaisnt the unbalanced that reperesents a swf in rank 1 i should be able to dodge it or prepare with better to stuff. so no. u get better stop playing with swf getting carried by that #########. but you wont right? so killers want to know if im going agaisnt a FULL TRYHARD team and i need to bring OP addons and op killer to make it more balanced without getting stressed cause survivors never get stressed by the game unless they play solo.

• Fibijean
    Options

That's incredibly presumptuous of you. Where exactly did they say that they play SWF, or use voicecoms to develop strategies while playing?

• MeatBycicle
    Options

Is this a real question? Are you honestly saying that people playing with each others in coms are not communicating at all about the game? Also I'm not talking about brown - purple ranks, this is red ranks where its an issue, and yes every single swf red rank is going to try to win.

• Fibijean
    Options

Nope, that's not what I said at all. I was just pointing out that you were making a giant leap of logic in the assumptions you were making about @CronaWins and their personal playstyle, simply based on the fact that they disagreed with you.

• Fibijean
    Options

Oh yeah, I totally agree with you there. There is absolutely an imbalance between SWF and solo survivors, and it does need to be addressed in some way. I just don't believe that giving that information to the killer in the pregame lobby is the way to go about it.

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632
    edited November 2019
    Options

"Let us killers know when we should bring Ebony moris and sweat perks like NOED and Rancor."

This here is not a good idea.

Post edited by DetailedDetriment on
  • LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117
    Options

At the start of the game: Just no. Because killer tends to infinitely dodge those groups, cause killers are scaredy cats regarding SWF. After the Game would be okay, cause this would open up their eyes that there werent any Squads or they even lost to four better Solos, so they have to face reality and not their own illusion of running every game into perfectly doing SWF-Squads.

• Cymer
    Cymer Member Posts: 946
    edited November 2019
    Options

Well, you can check their profile and friendlist. If they are on a friendlist or all private the chance, that you are facing SWF is almost guarantee.

I always love those in the post game chat, denying to play SWF and then admitting after pointing out their friendlist.

Why would you playing with friends if you just want to mess with the killer? And intentionally messing with a killer is bullying.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,571
    Options

Eh, I'll be disappointed in myself if I don't, but no, not angry. I always strive for improvement, which is why I play Legion at Rank 1, it is certainly a....challenge, to say the least.

• PandaChris
    PandaChris Member Posts: 140
    edited November 2019
    Options

This thread had nothing to do with balancing Solo players to SWF players by having the killer know who is in a SWF group. That doesn't even make sense. Maybe i misunderstood.

This is another doomsday response of oh all the killers will dodge lobbies. Again lobby dodgers would get punished and there are a lot of killers out there that won't want to wait the extra time or wont even dodge lobbies.

As for queue up and get better. Think about it this way. Spirit is being nerfed because there was no counter play/wasnt enough downside to her powers and add ons, Legion and Nurse same thing. SWF is a massive feature in the game that only provides an advantage, there is no disadvantage or compromise for the killer. This isn't about "getting gud". This is about balance and maintaining the balance that has been previously set about when there is a advantage in a certain area there should be some sorta disadvantage/compensation in another area.

SWF play with voice comms which i already stated in my previous post, survivors dont have to even be sweaty to benefit from it. There should be a disadvantage/compensation like the killer knowing they are grouped up with friends so the killer can prepare better. I dont understand how that compromise is mind boggling to some people.

Or maybe someone can open my mind to a disadvantage of playing in a SWF group with voice comms?

Post edited by PandaChris on
  • cthulhu_101
    cthulhu_101 Member Posts: 11
    Options

It would be nice to know I wouldn’t leave because it doesn’t matter, it just make me change my build more suitable for a swf

• Chaubin
    Chaubin Member Posts: 16
    Options

I'll support this if you give me a notification when the killer takes Ruin. My wife and I play together 100% of the time, and we hover around 13-16 and find that perk in 70% of our games. If I rolled into a match lobby knowing I'd be spending the next 15 minutes playing a pixel hunting game, I'd dodge.

Real talk though, knowing if someone is SWF is going to balance the game. SWF, while powerful, isnt the core of the issue, and would just lead to killers dodging every SWF game though my friends and I got rekt by a killer even though were for on comms.

Where we need to start is with Teachable perks. Being forced to actually use different survivors for their perks again would quickly balance the game. Even if we just limited it to 1 perk from another survivor. IE: A meg could take any of her perks, any of the general perks, but only one perk from another survivor. Apply the same to killers.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,001
    Options

What my party sounds like when I am in SWF:

Some of my friends: Saying serious stuff

Me: Alright guys, what do you think spirit's favorite topping is?

I am pretty sure its salt with fries

• Fibijean
    Options

I know it wasn't really on topic for the thread. That wasn't a response to the OP, it was a response to the specific comment I was quoting there.

• DevourOfSalt
    DevourOfSalt Member Posts: 254
    Options

I would approve of this i already dodge swf anyway since the list of killers capable to take them on have been butcherd so knowing who to dodge would be handy instead of dodging the poor solo guys/girls

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246
    Options

???

The majority doesn't matter at all. Nurse was changed due to a very small percentage of people who played with nurse performed so good. Same logic has to be applied to Survivor not by punishing people who play with their friends but ofc by nerfing survivors, you know "slight tweaks".

• Undeadbear13
    Undeadbear13 Member Posts: 33
    Options

im still relatively new to the game, only in green ranks at the moment, wasnt trying to be all like hey you shouldnt do that, but like at the same time bring a little sarcasm into a thread about a idea lol.

• silverwolf4455
    silverwolf4455 Member Posts: 496
    Options

Rather than trying to out swf... we just need to buff killers

• Fibijean
    edited November 2019
    Options

It does matter. Not because balance changes ought to be based on the majority, but because we're not talking about balance changes. We're talking about giving killers the opportunity to dodge groups which they assume are going to be sweaty tryhards, and I'm pointing out that statistically that's an incorrect assumption to make, nine times out of ten.

• deadbyhitbox
    deadbyhitbox Member Posts: 1,117
    Options

How about no. I'd like to be able to play the game with my friends and not be punished for it through being morid every game.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
    Options

No because then you would just mindlessly lobby dodge them and finding a game as SWF will just get harder.

• Fibijean
    Options

My group is exactly the same. Far from being super coordinated, we're constantly getting frustrated with each other for forgetting to share crucial information. There's a lot of

"Wait- ######### I thought they were chasing you!"

"Oh, yeah.... they left me."

"YES I CAN SEE THAT!"

or "That person is about to reach second stage, is anyone saving them?"

"I thought you were."

etcetera xD

• Fibijean
    Options

I assume your friend is new. Don't worry, it's just a phase :P

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867
    edited November 2019
    Options

Plain and simple no. Killers will just dodge lobbies. Then hardcore SWF will dodge till they get the same lobby as solo players like they did back in the early days. It will make lobbies a pure nightmare for everyone.

Edit: It would be as disastrous as if we let survivors see what killer is selected. They would dodge like crazy.

• MonsterInMyMind
    MonsterInMyMind Member Posts: 2,744
    edited November 2019
    Options

I would be only okay with this if its in the end game chat thats fair enough and it prevents lobby dodging because people are scared of swfs.