Is there a trick to the Got You challenge?

Options
akbays35
akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123
edited November 2019 in General Discussions

Been doing my best to get it playing t1 Myers, but it does that stupid hand glitch thing where it looks like I'm grabbing nothing and the animation freezes then the survivor just yeets away, literally did it a few times on people working gens, people trying to unhook, doing my totems (I even body blocked someone and attempted it twice) and the same thing keeps happening. I just gave up on it playing Myers for 2 hours and it's literally my last challenge. I'm ready to just buy Ghost face or play Pig, but I'm genuinely worried that it might be due to lag or some other weird animation thing.

EDIT: I got it first try with Hag with the deafening add on, there's some issue with Myers and I think the Devs need to look at his animations. I usually don't ever rely on this mechanic at al, but Myers is one of my mains and if I can't get a grab from his t1 then there's an issue going on.

Post edited by akbays35 on

Comments

• Bleediss
    Bleediss Member Posts: 129
    Options

Just play someone like Clown and bloodlust someone until you can grab them at a window or pallet.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    Options

Myers is the best killer to use for that challenge. What you're describing sounds more like a lag issue. Depending on which platform you play on, it could be a server thing.

I completed that challenge using Myers on The Game - it's the best map for gengrabs because there are so many generators right next to corners that you can get very close to without anyone knowing you're there, and grab the person off the generator before they know what's happening.

• Atrushan88
    Atrushan88 Member Posts: 2,084
    Options

If you have Spirit with Distressing, you can get this done somewhat easily. Pretend you're in a chase near a generator. They'll keep working on the gen, then phase(make sure you're close enough for them to hear your TR). You should get a gen grab quite easily. I completed this at a pallet though.

• akbays35
    Options

I legit just got it with deaf ears hag, I legit think Myers has a bug :( ty though now I'm done with these things.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,127
    Options

Spirit with prayer beads

Ghost face

You can get gen grabs with Myers but he breaths realy loud.

• Venoxxie
    Venoxxie Member Posts: 300
    Options

Many Ghostfaces have pulled me off but you can still hear his shroud. Myers you can hear his breathing. It's not just offa gens though, a friend of mine did it by pulling someone out of a locker as they tried to go in (has to be while they go in or out, not while they're just sitting in there I don't think). Can also be window or exit gate switch grabs I believe.

• nickofford
    nickofford Member Posts: 105
    Options

Just farm with survivor and negotiate them to work on a gen and pull them

• ohheyitsbobcat
    ohheyitsbobcat Member Posts: 1,661
    Options

Either go stealth or hump someone that's injured to get the window/pallet grab.

Not really any other way to do it unless you farm. Best of luck. :)

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,832
    Options

I did this one by equipping Ruin as Spirit. Then I just stood there and stared at it until a survivor came over and started cleansing it right in front of me. I phase-walked the two feet and grabbed them off of it.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

Spirit with Prayer Beads and Discordance.

A gen lights up, you whoosh on over and pull them off, then you really quickly get your challenge points because everyone has DCed.

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246
    Options

Why gen grabs? Grab them from vaulting, unhooking etc.. you dont have to play myers/spirit or anything like it.

• akbays35
    Options

What I was trying to get across, was that I was there right on top of a survivor, doing the grab animations with Myers, and it would consistently bug out and not complete the grab. It's not me, it's not stealth, it's Myer's animations or a lag issue within the game.

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358
    Options

Totem protecting spirit with prayer beads. Completed it 30 seconds into my first try. Then just play around to avoid hate mail

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,002
    Options

Just pull anyone off anything

Act like you are letting the last surv during EGC open exit and take them off it

• jus_Ignant
    jus_Ignant Member Posts: 124
    Options

I used T1 Myers for this challenge with no issues.

• akbays35
    edited November 2019
    Options

you're lucky then. for me it might be a latency issue, I do have weird input lag in most of my killer games so there might be something else going on. Not only that since the update there's been some really bad framerate issues on some maps when it loads in.

• JovialCub
    JovialCub Member Posts: 88
    Options

I did it with a scratched mirror Myers; my first try and my first action. I ended getting another 4 grabs that same match also.

I've seen the grab animation started then it gets canceled a few times though with other killers.

• Scal3r
    Scal3r Member Posts: 188
    Options

Play ghostface

• AsePlayer
    AsePlayer Member Posts: 1,829
    Options

Farm

• WaffleFalafel
    WaffleFalafel Member Posts: 384
    Options

Go for people with DS. They'll go to a locker and you just stand there until they get out or run out of time. Even better if they do a totem. If you grab them and they still have DS, just spam the drop action and you can avoid it. Not guaranteed to work by the way.

• Kycer
    Kycer Member Posts: 337
    Options

Yes. Play Ghostface. I got the challenge done from the first 1 minute of the match. And it was in red ranks btw.

• lynelmane
    lynelmane Member Posts: 549
    Options

I completed mine with Spirit at the last possible second in the match.

There was 1 guy left and I closed the hatch. he was opening a gate and got it to 99% (3 lights on) before I phased up and grabbed him off the gate. He was healthy and decided not to let go for me to hit him. It was pretty lucky.

But like others have said, use distressing or PB and try to fake chases near gens and grab people off of them.

• johnmwarner
    johnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793
    Options

as with most of the challenges (cough trapper cough) this is how I got it.

dominate a team and then have mercy in them they will gladly give you the grab

• Khar
    Khar Member Posts: 640
    Options

I went up to a survivor and hit the gen until they came over and worked on it. Then I grabbed them off. They fall for it every time.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options

I used prayer beads bracelet spirit

• SammehStormborn
    SammehStormborn Member Posts: 147
    Options

I used t1 myers yesterday... and got multiple grabs - totems, gens, and even a hook cos I followed someone a good distance - so I think you might be have some lag issue

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768
    Options

Yep. I did the distressing one with meme wraith. xD

• TheHourMan
    TheHourMan Member Posts: 1,052
    Options

Wraith with silent bell and 6 secind terror radius suppression. That gets me lots if gen grabs in the beginning of the match.

Go against the outsude wall of the map until you find survs working on gens. They will be looking toward the inside of the map unless they are particularly observant.

• rch614
    rch614 Member Posts: 551
    Options

Just tunnel. Eventually you'll get a person with DS that goes into a locker. No special killer or perks required.