Lets fight toxicity with...

...kindness.

hey guys. I play on the ps4, and ever since i reached rank 12 as survivor people have been very toxic.. I’ve always played the game for fun and NOT for ranks. I dont Care what rank i am, all i Care about is having fun with the game and test out builds and tactics :)

Yet today i encountered a lot of toxicity. First off as a survivor against a myers. The others were sacrificed and i had opened the doors to the exit. The killer seemed like he wanted to farm as he gave sign to something. I’m thinking its a totem but No it was the hatch. I go in to get that hatch and he immediately grabs me and go to a hook. He first hook me tho, instead he puts me down by the exit gate, so i crawl forward to reach it and one meter before i get there he grabs me and hooks me.

one thing is grabbing me at the hatch. I trusted him which i shouldnt have.. it was a legit tactic.. but WHY put me down so close to the exit only to grab me again and hook me. There was No reason for that, and i never teabagged or flashlighted.. i wrote the killer after the game with ‘good game’ and he then apologized saying he needed the points.. i left it at that.

second game i go in as a survivor with a 3 man swf group. We get 4 gens and i inhook people 3 times. I hurry to the basement to search the chedt for a heal kit but is downed and we all get hooked. Afterwards all 3 swf message me with toxic messages about how we are a team and i’m a leech doing nothing the entire game.. seriously? You’re telling me i was to blame? I wrote them that they should remember to have fun since its a game..

3rd game i was hooked the 2nd time. This guy that i had saved from a hook earlier comes closer. The killer is not near. The guy stands in front of the hook and looks at me struggling. He teabags and goes off. Then comes back right before i die to teabag some more. #########? We needed one gen to go. But why? Whats the point of being an ass?!

After all this i felt quite down. Why do people waste Their times just to be idiots? My suggestion is to fight salt with kindness. Lets ‘good game’ those salty killers and survivors until everyone shares the kindness.. kindness breedes kindness i hope.

Comments

• Zanfer
    Zanfer Member Posts: 647

@Anzi130 said:
    ...kindness.

hey guys. I play on the ps4, and ever since i reached rank 12 as survivor people have been very toxic.. I’ve always played the game for fun and NOT for ranks. I dont Care what rank i am, all i Care about is having fun with the game and test out builds and tactics :)

Yet today i encountered a lot of toxicity. First off as a survivor against a myers. The others were sacrificed and i had opened the doors to the exit. The killer seemed like he wanted to farm as he gave sign to something. I’m thinking its a totem but No it was the hatch. I go in to get that hatch and he immediately grabs me and go to a hook. He first hook me tho, instead he puts me down by the exit gate, so i crawl forward to reach it and one meter before i get there he grabs me and hooks me.

one thing is grabbing me at the hatch. I trusted him which i shouldnt have.. it was a legit tactic.. but WHY put me down so close to the exit only to grab me again and hook me. There was No reason for that, and i never teabagged or flashlighted.. i wrote the killer after the game with ‘good game’ and he then apologized saying he needed the points.. i left it at that.

second game i go in as a survivor with a 3 man swf group. We get 4 gens and i inhook people 3 times. I hurry to the basement to search the chedt for a heal kit but is downed and we all get hooked. Afterwards all 3 swf message me with toxic messages about how we are a team and i’m a leech doing nothing the entire game.. seriously? You’re telling me i was to blame? I wrote them that they should remember to have fun since its a game..

3rd game i was hooked the 2nd time. This guy that i had saved from a hook earlier comes closer. The killer is not near. The guy stands in front of the hook and looks at me struggling. He teabags and goes off. Then comes back right before i die to teabag some more. #########? We needed one gen to go. But why? Whats the point of being an ass?!

After all this i felt quite down. Why do people waste Their times just to be idiots? My suggestion is to fight salt with kindness. Lets ‘good game’ those salty killers and survivors until everyone shares the kindness.. kindness breedes kindness i hope.

if it is "just a game to you" which it is to me as well than toxicity doesn't apply at all cause it is "just a game"...

• Anzi130
    Anzi130 Member Posts: 51
    Zanfer said:

if it is "just a game to you" which it is to me as well than toxicity doesn't apply at all cause it is "just a game"...

Yes, its a game, but its supposed to be a fun experience and theres No reason for people to be toxic simply to be toxic, is my point
  • lyric
    lyric Member Posts: 611
    Anzi130 said:
    ...kindness.

Dude your best bet on PS4 is to change your privacy settings to not accept messages lol trust me it can get worse..

Had a guy message me because he said I left before he was down and called me every name in the book and said he would show the video of me leaving to everyone, I honestly laughed because he chose to stay in with the killer and troll away from the open exit gate while everyone else was dead already so I bounced, what’s the point in staying? 

Also had a guy tell me i farmed him off the hook when I healed him with We’ll make it  and a full minute passed before he got caught in a bear trap and DC when he was pulled out of it , but he didn’t even get chased after being unhooked 
  • Mesme
    Mesme Member Posts: 177

I try to be civil I really do and I feel if we get a Dead By Daylight 2 maybe we should lose the rank because when people get competitive it adds to toxicity.

• Iceman
    Iceman Member Posts: 1,457
    Anzi130 said:
    ...kindness.

Yeah your best bet is to keep doing what you are doing but do not expect it from everyone. Also not bringing something that happened in a previous match into a different match will reduce the toxicness 
  • campasaurus
    campasaurus Member Posts: 60
    Anzi130 said:
    ...kindness.

sounds about right.  good luck.  
  • Anzi130
    Mesme said:

I try to be civil I really do and I feel if we get a Dead By Daylight 2 maybe we should lose the rank because when people get competitive it adds to toxicity

• Anzi130
    I agree with that Mesme
  • feffrey
    feffrey Member Posts: 886
    To be honest you do sound like a useless teammate who got everyone killed 
    Sure you saved 3 but that's nothing your priority is gens

Then you go down in the basement like GG

But that's just my view 

That killer wanted to gain evil within 3 and down you
    But you ignored his request 

The teabag was for going down .

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

@feffrey said:

But that's just my view 

Did 2 flashlight saves and the team left me to die in the basement. I was so dissapointed by them.

• Anzi130
    feffrey said:

But that's just my view 

I also finished 2 gens out of 4. But That’s not my point.. the point is there is No reason to be malicious.. No matter the reason