How many of you can hit Ruin skill checks?

Options

Comments

• OldManGloom
    OldManGloom Member Posts: 51
    Options

Same. Since Ruin is usually up in most of the games I play, it's like intensive training on how to regularly hit Great Checks. But on PS4, ping can really throw you off sometimes. I've literally gotten the sound before, hit L1, and the marker leaps to just after the end of the window and the Gen erupts.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    Options

4 out of 5 ruin skill checks i hit sometimes if im really into the game and alert i don't miss any of them.

• YungCloutking1
    YungCloutking1 Member Posts: 136
    Options

I hit at least 8/10 on a good day. Which is rare because there are very few good days on DBD lmao.

• TheAntiSanta
    TheAntiSanta Member Posts: 128
    Options

I just don't play Survivor enough to get any good at it.

• USELESS
    USELESS Member Posts: 1,151
    Options

i can hit almost all of then its just pratice

• fischyhb
    fischyhb Member Posts: 23
    Options

If you had told me 2 years ago that I would ever even hit the regular skill checks consistently, I would have doubted it. Now I hit greats +90% of the time, bout the only time I miss one is when someone blows the gen right before mine shows up. I had a game today where me and another Survivor powered through ruin without missing one great. You can see a stutter on the guage when they hit a great skill check

• TheHourMan
    TheHourMan Member Posts: 1,052
    edited November 2019
    Options

About 60% of the time yes I can. I hate it when people go and look for ruin. It basically makes them a liabikity until it's found.

• LaraVermillion
    LaraVermillion Member Posts: 75
    Options

I'd say I get about 70%. But greatly depends on how my day went and in which "mode" my brain is. I feel like I hit them better when NOT focussing on them.

And I also like to play Blendette with Stake out :'D

• not_Queef
    not_Queef Member Posts: 804
    Options

If I'm alone on the gen? ez no problem

Anyone else on the gen? lol skillchecks how do they work *BANG*

• TooKoolFoU
    TooKoolFoU Member Posts: 378
    Options

I’m fine for the most part and if I’m not able too, I just try to take agro all game until I die at least. Usually I’m fine enough to survive by both, but ruin doesn’t really bother me anyway. The only thing I’ve noticed is that FPS needs to be improved a bit cause it’s been worse for me lately

• GothamUpsideDown
    GothamUpsideDown Member Posts: 20
    Options

I can sometimes; mostly not. As soon as I realize that Hex: Ruin is in play, I just look for the Totem. I don't have the patience to deal with it.

• Haku
    Haku Member Posts: 614
    Options

80% of time if I am focused otherwise it is something under 40%

• Ramxenoc445
    Ramxenoc445 Member Posts: 1,358
    Options

I can sometimes hit it every time. Sometimes I can't hit em at all. Just goes based on my confidence or feeling for the match. When I'm trying to hurry because I fear we all get killed I usually mess em up.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564
    Options

Depends on the killer. If it's a stealth killer I'm looking left and right repeatedly to make sure I'm not grabbed while also trying to hit skill checks.

Otherwise just depends on how I'm playing that day

• Viceus
    Viceus Member Posts: 145
    Options

I am one of the teammates who cant cuz wooden old pc. using old pc gtx 650 ti 2gb which very laggy when comes to skill check...

• AGuyNamedKane
    AGuyNamedKane Member Posts: 71
    Options

I can usually pull 70% greats, but I still miss when I get sidetracked with other things.

• ElusivePukka
    ElusivePukka Member Posts: 1,599
    edited November 2019
    Options

Depends on how relaxed I am. More stressed, I'll only get 1 out of 5. Relaxed, I'll hit 4-5 out of 5.

Other people on the gen, or even gentapping, will kinda screw with me though. I'll even fail some checks there.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    Options

45 Hit / 55 Miss.

I always bring stake out just in case so it's not as big a deal.

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768
    Options

I hit about 75% of my greats. And i'm a 60/40 player.

• Elk
    Elk Member Posts: 2,267
    Options

I personally can't do it if another person is on the same gen as me. If it's by myself then 80% of the time i can hit it.

• Jholla31
    Jholla31 Member Posts: 253
    Options

If I'm sober, it's 50/50. If I've had a drink or two, it's 90/10 with 90 being makes. If I'm four drinks or more, back to 50/50. lol

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,031
    Options

I'm a killer main, so don't have A TON of practice, but can hit it about 60% of the time.

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620
    Options

It's a bit hard for me. But it gets really hard to focus when someone start gen tapping, I get nervous with the survivors standing and tapping, standing and tapping. I am like "just don't be so scared about a skillcheck".

• Shi
    Shi Member Posts: 156
    Options

60-70%

• StardustSpeedway
    StardustSpeedway Member Posts: 882
    Options

I want to say I can hit them consistently. Sometimes I'll miss because the skill check will lag for some reason. PS4.

• kcwolf1975
    kcwolf1975 Member Posts: 651
    Options

I am a potato, maybe 1 out of 3. PS4 though, so it is a little tougher with random fps drops.

• akbays35
    akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123
    Options

I hit them more than 70% of the time, I use Stake out to compensate, and I use Small game to get ruin because no one else can.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,794
    Options

I can hit them, but not every single time. I'll have the occasional miss.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

Everyone technically can, the question is how consistently. 😜

Which I can't. 😜😜

I like Totem hunts more anyway. 😜😜😜

• Daniel101773
    Daniel101773 Member Posts: 277
    Options

Rough guessing I hit great skill checks 75%-ish of the time.

• ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784
    Options

I've never missed a great skill check and I never will.

It's true, I swear.

• rch614
    rch614 Member Posts: 551
    Options

I'm consistent but everyone has their days where you just don't land any whatsoever. Those are the days I run a map or Small Game or w.e

• Star99er
    Star99er Member Posts: 1,431
    edited November 2019
    Options

So between 50-60% of the time I can hit it. I usually don’t power through it unless I’m in a SFW though because I can’t trust my teammates to hit the skill checks and power through it. So I usually try to find Ruin asap when I solo.

• BDS22
    BDS22 Member Posts: 146
    Options

I've always wondered are ruin skillchecks any easier to hit on a keyboard compared to using a controller?

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340
    Options

There's this certain amount of tequila where I can hit ruin checks like i'm Neo and this is the matrix...anything below that ampunt, then I'm meh...above that...######### show.

I still find them easier than great skill checks.

• Snow_Lep
    Snow_Lep Member Posts: 305
    Options

About 75% on a good day. About 25% on a bad one. Evens out to about 50% overall... To be fair, I used to play killer A LOT when I first got the game and totem spawns are almost engraved in my memory for where they like to show up on maps. So unless it is a new map (anything past Temple of Purgation) I've got the totem 90% of the time because I can check the common spawns in less than or right around a minute and have the thing gone. But I do hit ruin more often than my group of friends and they hate that I always bail from gens to get the totem when I'm the one who can hit them semi-consistently.

• Snow_Lep
    Snow_Lep Member Posts: 305
    Options

Play around 50-60% of your matches and time as killer and mentally note the common totem spawns. 90% of the time you can visit those common spots and find the ruin and do it within a minute of finding out the totem exists.

Other strat for finding ruin, if the killer heads straight to a spot at the beginning of the round and you watch them go there, check where they went to. Similarly if the killer heads straight for you at the start of a match and you haven't ran/left scratch marks/worked on a gen. Chances are the ruin is there.

• HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985
    edited November 2019
    Options

I can hit them the majority of the time unless I’m off my game. I can even hit the tiny tiny tiny Doctor skill checks. You know the ones

• AbsolutelyAmel
    AbsolutelyAmel Member Posts: 146
    Options

Usually i hit like 8/10 if i focus

but i noticed that lots of things influence that result.

-Doctor skillchecks make me sometimes confused

-literally had a too cold room, my hands were freezing ergo my reaction was a bit off (heat yer rooms guys or at least try to have warm hands for max reaction skill✌️)

-im not concentrating

those are my main points why i dont hit ruin. Usually in solo im the only one pushing through to get the gens done because i can't be arsed to look for the totem.

especially since 8/10 games have ruin in them.

• Zoso
    Zoso Member Posts: 13
    Options

Lol, basically this 🤣. I haven't got streaks over 3 or 4 but for some odd reason I hit more great skill checks when ruin is active than without it... It's odd...

• DefaultText
    DefaultText Member Posts: 17
    Options

I can only him them 100% of the time if im sleep deprived, if not its like a 50/50

• Bloodwidow
    Bloodwidow Member Posts: 190
    Options

On some days I can't hit any check and then I decide to search the totem. 👀

• Aos
    Aos Member Posts: 30
    Options

I always hit great skill checks.. however as a console player it's a gamble if you hit the skill check in some games cuz of frames

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,424
    Options

For some reason if my camera is angled a certain way, I can hit every one of them... as soon as I move it around I might miss one or two lol

• FabV
    FabV Member Posts: 173
    Options

I don't even try, I tap the gen until ruin is gone.

I believe those squat exercises will help me lose the killer when he chases me.

• TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375
    Options

There is not enough red bull in the world for me to hit consistent great skill checks..

• AlexisFox
    AlexisFox Member Posts: 127
    Options

Recently I got a new monitor with 1ms input latency and now I can hit the great skill checks with pretty reliable accuracy. I don't know what the latency on my last monitor was but it was definitely slower and I had to time the button press early to get those precision skill checks which made some of them impossible, but now it's much easier for me.

• Irvin
    Irvin Member Posts: 130
    Options

Kinda a weird one for me, I either hit them all consistently or constantly regress the generator

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,644
    Options

I guess 8 out of 10 times I hit the Skill Check. Could be less if I have a gentapping Teammate on my Gen, because this is irritating for me.