Map offerings are BROKEN and OVERPOWERED

Title. Neither killer or survivors should be able to choose what map they want to play in. However this problem is more survivor sided.

This game is 4v1, which side is more likely to have a map offering?

My solution to this is making green map offerings that only increases the map chance a slightly bit (so more than one survivor will have to use an offering to go to X map) and killers having green or yellow map offerings that moderatly increases the chance of being sent to X map (the killer gets a better chance offering because its only 1).

Or, better yet, make map offerings of maps that WONT be sent to. For example a offering that takes out coldwind maps out of the match.

Map offerings are a problem specially in maps that only have 1 variation like Lerys or Haddonfield, and its broken as hell being able to control what map the match will take place.

You want to choose what map to play in? Go play kwf

Comments

• beatddb
    beatddb Member Posts: 565

Would you rather stock up in map offerings you'll never use?

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,874

Map offerings are fine. It's fairly uncommon to see them used. If a map is unfair to one side or the other then that is a problem with the map that needs adjusted.

• beatddb

I was sent to Lerys with Nurse against an OoO swf u_u

• switch
    switch Member Posts: 489

I'm probably going to get in trouble for this but, just end task the game if you don't feel like playing on the map.

Seriously from what i've seen they don't ban for disconnecting, you have people that do that all the time, if they are allowed to, so are you.

• StrodeWins
    StrodeWins Member Posts: 274
    edited November 2019
  • FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

One map offering. If you use it you can choose which map. It's an UR offering tho.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291

They do its just very lenient with the p2p nature of the game.

I'd advise reading up on the current dcing test on the ptb though as they are being changed as dedicated servers allow better tracking of why someone left.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

His first suggestion is making the killer's offering weighted to be the same as survivors' overall, which only really makes sense if they use 4 map offerings.

If you ask me he just got a Balanced Landing squad dragging him to Haddonfield, possibly countering his own map offering.

• beatddb

I only use map offerings as a survivor.

And IMO having 4 survivor offerings weight the same as the killers one is fine and it should be like that. Or why would a single survivor have the same power as the killer?

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212
    edited November 2019

The issue is that it makes survivor map offerings completely worthless. If the killer uses one, the killer wins every time unless ALL 4 survivors burn the same map offering.

Not every player is a toxic SWF group, and just being able to try for a map you like shouldn't be that weighted to one player.

If anything, it should start by rolling, heads survivor offering wins, tails killer offering wins, completely 50/50, THEN choose between however many survivor offerings there are, but a solo player putting in an offering shouldn't have a vastly decreased chance against the killer.

• S_Panda
    S_Panda Member Posts: 539

Unless I'm reading it wrong then it should just become killer map = 80% & survivor map = 20% if only 1. Minus/add 10% per survivor and it becomes the 50/50. Of course that new 30% would be 15/15 in case of different maps chosen. The issue it is now / even in your scenario is that only 1 of the 4 survivors have to use a map to have an even choosing of their map and since there's 4 players that means they can spam it 4 times in the time a killer can use 1 (in terms of bloodpoints / owning the offering itself that is).

• Deltin
    Deltin Member Posts: 240

or the OP could just bring they're own map offering? idk... it's been a part of the game since launch really so they ain't gonna remove it.

• LunarFace
    LunarFace Member Posts: 44

and here we go again

• Atrushan88
    Atrushan88 Member Posts: 2,092
    edited November 2019

I mean, let's be fair, a survivor using a map offering is nothing like a killer using a mori, of which survivors have no counter offering. If there's ANY offering in the game that's overpowered it would be an ebony mori. Even Ivories are pretty strong.

• Revansith
    Revansith Member Posts: 367

I think they should leave the map offerings as is. If the four survivors each offer a different map and the killer also offers a map how does the game resolve it?

I am waiting for Tome 5 and "Escape from Hawkins National Laboratory using only No Mither in a single trial"

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,164

I just think that if multiple map offerings are burned, then only the offerings for the map which is actually gone to should be consumed and everyone else should have their map offerings returned to them. Someone burns their one map offering and another player burns a competing map offering, the unlucky soul who chose the wrong match for which to burn their offering shouldn't lose it. That just sucks. Players can go through a lot of Bloodweb levels and even millions of Bloodpoints before getting another offering for a specific realm. There's no reason to consume a map offering when the player didn't even get to go to that map.

I also think killer map offerings should get preferential treatment over survivor map offerings. The killer is basically the Dungeon Keeper. A killer tricked out for one map getting put on the wrong map... that can end up being a really boring match for the survivors. Not only are the killer's add-ons and map offering wasted in these situations, but there's no challenge for the survivors if the killer is neutered by the map before the match even starts.

• RobMeister88
    RobMeister88 Member Posts: 351

If you've played long enough, you should know the maps pretty well and be prepared regardless of what killer you are.

• Mikie532
    Mikie532 Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2019

Killers b*tch and moan about everything, It's a game stfu and play. And who really even use maps? Maps are used sometimes when they are no other offerings to use. Out of 2yrs of playing killers use more map offerings then survivors. Killers cry about everything and get what they want. After while it will be no more survivors wanting to play. Its not even fun anymore its more like a headache. But I do like the idea of the offering to make it less likely to get sent somewhere, but it's also kinda useless when its so many maps.

• luka2211
    luka2211 Member Posts: 1,433

I just hate farm maps as killer,they are too much survivor sided so survivors will always pick them

• TKTK
    TKTK Member Posts: 943

I agree maps offerings are really in the favor of survivors but it wouldn't be a problem if the maps weren't so awfully designed. It wasn't until preschool map rework that they actually try to make fair maps which is sad cause we had to wait till after The Plague released with her huge map before they looked at how crappy they're maps have been.

• Chatkovski
    Chatkovski Member Posts: 309
    edited November 2019

Whether survivor or killer, I never use map offerings. I do not see the point, even the worst BP bonus offering seems more interesting.

Although I have preferences and I really hate some, I like the idea of playing on a random map, it also allows to play on all. It does not seem fair to me to bet his victory on a map. This should be an absolutely random strain, and everyone must adapt.

It would not bother me to go so far as to delete them, I'll save a little BP.

• TheKingOfAll
    TheKingOfAll Member Posts: 73

It’s not the map offerings that are broken, it’s some of the maps. If every map was balanced, the map offerings wouldn’t matter, it would just be “what map do I like the look of most”

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

You're right about the first part - encouraging people to disconnect is against forum rules. You might want to revise your comment so you don't get in trouble with the mods.

• xyzdx
    xyzdx Member Posts: 66

Don't get rid of map offerings there's nothing wrong with them

• Darth_Cader
    Darth_Cader Member Posts: 128

No, I like being able to use 15 Ormond offerings in a row as surv lol (idk why that map isn’t nun aesthetic I guess). If I get a map that I hate then I just say “f*ck me” and still play the game.

• TigerKirby215
    TigerKirby215 Member Posts: 604

This thread is funny because I remember recommending the exact same thing on Reddit and being downvoted to #########. Only difference was that I recommended map offerings be Purple tier, making them cost a little more but much more importantly making them harder to find.

I think with the state of some of the maps in the game (Haddonfield) map offerings could stand to be rarer. Generally speaking though the map is one of the biggest deciding factors for if you win or lose so it's rather bullshit that you can just choose it for 5000 Bloodpoints. Even Moris make your job as Killer 33% easier, and that's a 7000 Bloodpoint offering that's supposed to be incredibly hard to find. Going to The Game as Doctor or a cornfield map as Billy makes your job 333% easier, and it's only 5000 Bloodpoints?

I'd also really like for map offerings to be rarer so I don't get half a dozen Jigsaw Pieces collectively on all my Survivors, but that's a problem with the lack of recycle mechanic among other things.

• Walker_of_the_fog_96
    Walker_of_the_fog_96 Member Posts: 1,238

I don't see the problem with these offerings :)

and they really help the players, "did you play on the coldwind farm 5 times in a row?

quiet!

With an offering you can go to another map!

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773

Map Offerings are annoying, but the only one I have a problem with is Haddonfield, and even then it's more because of balance landing then anything. Once the BL nerf comes in and makes it consistent with other exhaustion perk Haddonfield won't be so damn painful.

• Carlosylu
    Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948

*Laughs in Frankiln0s Demise and Ebony MM