Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Why does The Entity Like the Yamaokas so much?

Bigbootiejudy666
Bigbootiejudy666 Member Posts: 407
edited November 2019 in Lore

Have you noticed that that the Entity not only took one, but two people from the Yamaokas? Like why does the Entity favor the Yamaokas so much? Did the first Yamaoka made a Pact with the Entity? Maybe The Entity was like "oh these bitches would serve us well in the fog, we'll take your whole stock" Like why not take Trapper's father as well, from the ######### I seen from the archives, Trapper's dad would've made a good killer.

Comments

• grayon444
    grayon444 Member Posts: 757

I guess the Yamaoka family as a whole has a huge wrath potential which is the strongest emotion which makes a killer useful to the entity.

• mistar_z
    mistar_z Member Posts: 857

nah toxic masculinity and resentment aren't as tasty i guess.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

Uncontrollable rages of very easy emotion to use to your advantage.

For the most part The Entity won't have to waste time with torture. Like trapper

Incentives to to sweeten the deal for the Killers. Clown

It's not as easy as people who are just outright willing to be Killers like Michael and ghostface.

But it's a lot easier in comparison to the other methods to point their anger at a specific target aka the survivors and let them go wild

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732

I'm guessing it's due to their potential to kill and to do it effectively, I guess you can say too effectively...

• BloodyBunny
    BloodyBunny Member Posts: 114

Now we just need spirits father as a survivor so spirit can kill him for all eternity

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

Well, the Oni was an utterly brutal killer across the battlefields of Japan, and with his seemingly powerful rage, to a being that LITERALLY FEEDS OFF EMOTIONS, that seems like a very good meal. Like a well-cooked steak. Tempered and perfectly made. And with his battlefield prowess, and martial pride, that'd be like the chips and salad on the side.

Rin, however, has a more concentrated and violent rage. The Entity was going to take her father instead, but Rin's rage made her the better choice. Back to the steak analogy again too, same as the Oni, but a bigger piece of steak, with more of the natural juices. But just the steak. Maybe with a nice sauce called anxiety and depression.

And no I was not hungry when I wrote this. The food comparison made too much sense here.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,237

Do you have a reliable good food delivery service you use often? I think it's kinda the same.

• Bigbootiejudy666
    Bigbootiejudy666 Member Posts: 407

I cant stop laughing at this lol. But its a good way at explaining this lol

• Jub
    Jub Member Posts: 2

No. Then we would have Claudette and Laurie. As a couple.

• camgaming_dbd
    camgaming_dbd Member Posts: 191

The Enitiy is the devs...

• Ajritoka
    Ajritoka Member Posts: 594

Their legacy is cursed. Their bloodline, shattered.

Easy pickings for The Entity.

• Cornpopers_Evan
    Cornpopers_Evan Member Posts: 2,428

I think it might be as simple as the Yamaokas are full of such strong emotions that it would be a shame NOT to take them from the Entity's viewpoint.

• _VioletRabbit
    _VioletRabbit Member Posts: 2

Both Kazan and Rin fit in the Realm for Entity, but they had other motivations:

Kazan - his desire to kill all the people who (in his opinion) didn't deserve to be samurais

Rin - her pure anger and thirst for revenge for herself and her mother

And maybe that was the only reason, but I thought about something else, connecting their stories more. Probably other people wrote here about it before me, but when I was reading the newest Q&A, I saw one thing.

Oni's bloodlust did bring the curse upon the whole Yamaoka family.

-| "Kazan attracted the Entity through his dark actions and forever cursed the Yamaoka bloodline."

Q&A | December 18th, 2019 |-

It could mean that from the deal moment Entity was trying to lure more Yamaokas to its Realm. It has already known what Oni can do, so maybe it wanted to keep an eye on Yamaoka family.

The curse affected Rin and Entity took her to its Realm.

• Daltonio
    Daltonio Member Posts: 22

The better question is, why do the Yamaoka's like killing so much?

• Megatome
    Megatome Member Posts: 34
    edited January 2020

The Yamaoka bloodline is eternally cursed because of Kazan. I wouldn't be surprised if somewhere further down the line we get a third addition to the family.