Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

So how many people are able to play right now.

With the connection issues and all. I keep having a few friends asking me to play. Which means they can play but I can't :angry:

How many of you here are able to play despite the connection issues?

Comments

• benzos
    benzos Member Posts: 178

what connection issues. I'm playing fine.

• popoles
    popoles Member Posts: 831
    benzos said:

Whenever I press a button on the start screen, a message saying "Can't connect to the server" pops up. Every time. Ugh
  • Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243

Took me like 5 tries but got in

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050

@Might_Oakk said:
    Took me like 5 tries but got in

lucky :angry:

• Twix
    Twix Member Posts: 235
    I’m still trying and nothing
  • steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,197
    edited August 2018

I guess I got lucky, because I started playing a couple hours before the event began. Makes me not want to log off now.

• Envees
    Envees Member Posts: 370

I hve to OK the connection error like 5 times before i kill the process. Then i try again and still get it. Sometimes it lets me in after a few attempts, sometimes not so you have to keep trying to log in like an idiot. I go through killign the process and trying up to 20 times before i can get in. Right now i cant get in at all. Gonna play something else. This is a long standing issue with this game.

• TheWorldconsumer
    TheWorldconsumer Member Posts: 82

Well, those issues have happened before- and mainly when updates came in. I think after they got independent now, it is time they finally fire the one checking for bugs in those updates- he clearly has problems doing his job correctly.

• MrsMaliciousX
    MrsMaliciousX Member Posts: 736
    I tried for like 5 mins before I was able to get on lol
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@benzos said:

Once you make it into the game you are fine.
    But you better dont close it.....

• B3cold
    B3cold Member Posts: 4

Im stil not geting in.. have tried for like 20 min now.. It's so Unfair when other ppl can play and some other can not play. I hope devs make this event more time.
    I hate when im not can play i game i like.

• Master

@TrooperStorm said:
    Im stil not geting in.. have tried for like 20 min now.. It's so Unfair when other ppl can play and some other can not play. I hope devs make this event more time.

Me too, but maybe its better that way. A few hours ago when I tried first time I immediately faced a squad sabotaging my special hooks....

• greenzebra64
    greenzebra64 Member Posts: 65

@Master said:

@TrooperStorm said:

Me too, but maybe its better that way. A few hours ago when I tried first time I immediately faced a squad sabotaging my special hooks....

I got the Hillbilly item already. All it took was iron grasp and if someone destroyed a hook, i slugged.

• Bigyo369
    Bigyo369 Member Posts: 78

this is getting ridiculous, same ######### happened, when the double bp event kicked in...

• VelvetCat
    VelvetCat Member Posts: 9

Nope. Sure can't.

• greenzebra64
    greenzebra64 Member Posts: 65

I got in, but then I closed DbD and now I can't get back in lol

• Beaburd
    Beaburd Member Posts: 998

It took about 9 attempts to log in.

• Swiftblade131

I made it in. 40 minutes of trying worked! Totally worth it....

• CotJocky
    CotJocky Member Posts: 221

Getting this error on PC and Xbox. :-/

• Envees
    edited August 2018

It might be up to a quarter of players that are affected by this network issue. I am.

People are always putting down any suggestion of low player base so ill assume we are near 30k at peak. 20k are ingame so it could be that up to 10k people are not able to get in. If this is the case then it is up to 1/3 of the playerbase cant get in the game.

• Paddy4583
    Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864
    Just logged on about 4 games ago on PS4 fine 
  • TheHourMan
    TheHourMan Member Posts: 1,052

Life is unfair. The devs are working hard on it and let's just hope they get it solved within a couple hours
  • Envees

@TheHourMan said:
    TrooperStorm said:

Life is unfair. The devs are working hard on it and let's just hope they get it solved within a couple hours

Problem is that this keeps happening on a regular basis. This has been the case for me since i started teh game over a year ago. You figure it might get fixed by now?

People are saying this is a steam issue. I dont think so. Steam are not that incompetent to put vital match making servers in maintenace for days at a time. This is squarely on the devs shoulders and they have not learned yet how to fix this.

But hey, those expensive cosmetics sure are nice eh?

• biggs12289
    biggs12289 Member Posts: 14

@TheHourMan said:
    TrooperStorm said:

A couple hours when it has been over 8 hours LUL

• Having no issues. Are you? :)

• Master

@Envees said:

@TheHourMan said:
    TrooperStorm said:

Problem is that this keeps happening on a regular basis. This has been the case for me since i started teh game over a year ago. You figure it might get fixed by now?

People are saying this is a steam issue. I dont think so. Steam are not that incompetent to put vital match making servers in maintenace for days at a time. This is squarely on the devs shoulders and they have not learned yet how to fix this.

But hey, those expensive cosmetics sure are nice eh?

Steam has nothing to do with that. Thats completely BHVRs fault. The problem is that everyone keeps throwing money at them, if you want sth to happen then you need to close your wallet

• IronWolf115
    IronWolf115 Member Posts: 672

This is how I feel right now

• Tizzle
    Tizzle Member Posts: 696

This has happened ever since the game became free on PS4.

I'd guess their data servers are completely overloaded right now, how they didn't see this as an issue...no idea.

• Skemooo
    Skemooo Member Posts: 194

I tried to join a friend of mine who was able to get in.. it threw an error saying incorrect version of game initialized. and i also get start screen error as well.. was able to play just fine few hours ago.. i have collected 42 tokens already.. this ######### is weird.

• popoles
    Its getting really annoying. 
  • fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
    popoles said:
    "Its getting" 

I think we are way past that point. Every single patch breaks something else. They are consistent atleast. 
  • jus_Ignant
    jus_Ignant Member Posts: 124

I had connection issues a few days ago before the event started but after about the 4th time trying to connect it just worked.

No connection issues after the update.
    Just an error saying I need to verify my game but once I clicked ok, it let me in no problem.

• Sally55
    Sally55 Member Posts: 368

@fcc2014 said:
    popoles said:

"Its getting" 

I think we are way past that point. Every single patch breaks something else. They are consistent atleast. 

Hopefully they get their sh*t together by the end of the day...

• Master

@Tizzle said:
    This has happened ever since the game became free on PS4.

I'd guess their data servers are completely overloaded right now, how they didn't see this as an issue...no idea.

Yeah but who could have known that the servers will be stressed when the game becomes basically f2p on PS4. You dont have to be a genius for that

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

all i'm doing is restarting over and over again. yesterday i could join after like 15 attempts, but right now i just get the messagt "connection to server failed" over and over again .-.

• popoles
    Mister_xD said:

all i'm doing is restarting over and over again. yesterday i could join after like 15 attempts, but right now i just get the messagt "connection to server failed" over and over again .-.

OHHH THAT'S ALSO MY FAVOURITE MINI GAME!!!
    It's so diverse, you know. One time, I got "Your game wasn't initialised correctly, please restart it". 
    SO EXCITING
  • will_i_am_14_85
    will_i_am_14_85 Member Posts: 489

@Mister_xD said:

Same, last night it only took 5-10 minutes, so far this morning its been over an hour trying to connect

• KillingInstinct
    KillingInstinct Member Posts: 272

I can't play either right now. The servers are ######### right now since some people can play and most people can't

• AimingDuck
    AimingDuck Member Posts: 3

Been trying for an hour straight still not getting in :P

• fcc2014

@Sally55 said:

@fcc2014 said:
    popoles said:

"Its getting" 

Hopefully they get their sh*t together by the end of the day...

It doesn't have to be at the end of the day for me. If it takes another couple days to get it right. As long as you extend the event to compensate for the lost time. I think people would feel better about things if the not_community manager came out and made that statement.

• rolecraft
    rolecraft Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2018

Yea this "connect to server" ######### has been going on for days and apperently only now they realised that thei're ######### servers are having issues. Sounds to me like they stopped caring.

Keep working on that new game of yours devs, you obviously don't know that dbd will be the great game you made .Not that new piece of #########, now go fix these damn servers already !

• Swiftblade131

@rolecraft said:
    Yea this "connect to server" ######### has been going on for days and apperently only now they realised that thei're ######### servers are having issues. Sounds to me like they stopped caring.

Keep working on that new game of yours devs, you obviously don't know that dbd will be the great game you made .Not that new piece of #########, now go fix these damn servers already !

They don't even have dedicated servers for DBD, what is there to fix besides their poor NetCoding?

• BigBadPiggy
    BigBadPiggy Member Posts: 678

I have been trying for an hour and still ain't able to get in, the devs need to get on top of this instead of sweeping it under the rug.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792
    Got into the game after about a half an hour of trying. The queues are ridiculously long and when I finally get into a match the killer dodges. Every single time.
  • Rex_Huin
    Rex_Huin Member Posts: 1,208

Last night was ok but cant get a game on ps4 at the moment :(

• fcc2014

We had an issue with match making and que times. Thank god for that patch. Now no one can play.

• Mechkiller3425
    Mechkiller3425 Member Posts: 55
    ive been trying for the past 30 minutes and no luck yay
  • fcc2014

I'm off work in 90 minutes. I'm not sure what happens first. I get sprung from jail on the 9th or i get to actually play my first round of the summer event. I think odds are at 50/50.

• Rex_Huin
    Rex_Huin Member Posts: 1,208

Still not working but in a minor development I now get a different error message..

• fcc2014

@Rex_Huin said:
    Still not working but in a minor development I now get a different error message..

Progress, my fingers are crossed for you.