These stats finally show that survivors have been right.

Options

A 50% kill rate would be balanced. Meaning half your games are 4ks, half are 0k. Or, 2ks per game. Instead not a single killer is at 50%. All are above 60. And the highest, most complained about killers are in the 75% range. Is this not crystal clear now why survivors complain about OP killers? And now imagine if we had detail that showed 4 solos vs 4 man swfs. I’d reckon it looks even worse for solos. Probably 80-85% or worse. This game is heavily skewed toward killers.

75%!! This is a full 25% higher than it should be. And people wonder why survivors like to derank... it’s because the game is more balanced when higher level survivors play lower level killers. Thanks for releasing these stats Behaviour. I’m vindicated.

Comments

• dont_ask_me_again
    dont_ask_me_again Member Posts: 490
    edited November 2019
    Options

It’s more complicated than you think and I main survivor. It can be summarised as “both sides are overpowered” but that only leads to further confusion.

• Weederick
    Weederick Member Posts: 1,080
    Options

Dont forget EGC. Turns a lot of previous 3k's into 4k's without balance changes. That alone could explain the increase in killrate. I dont feel anything has changed balancewise.

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246
    Options

Math isn't your thing so this song is made for you.

• Venoxxie
    Venoxxie Member Posts: 300
    Options

It really depends on the skill level, the perk set, the addons, whether the killer tunnels/camps, and whether there is a mori or survivor items in play. Some rounds can feel killer sided. Some feel survivor sided.

With the rank system being broken (putting me in ranks I shouldn't be in) and I don't wanna be forced to throw away a perk I like for a perk whose skill check I can barely ever hit (aka DS), it normally feels killer sided to me. I'm sure those who actually deserve to be in these ranks and actually like the meta perks, it feels the opposite considering they do exceptionally well.

• StevePerryPsychOut
    StevePerryPsychOut Member Posts: 190
    Options

Games with DCs are discarded for statistics like this, which would probably weigh the scales a bit further toward killer honestly. The tome thing can go both ways. I spent a whole game as hag at badham ignoring survivors and scaring birds.

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768
    Options

Sadly every 2k is a blackpip. And 67% is still in the limit of a 2k.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144
    edited November 2019
    Options

I want to know the survival rate of the god tier survivors.

Post edited by Mister_Holdout on
  • HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298
    Options

Tiny misunderstanding I guess I needed to clarify in my comment.

Most of the things in my comment are things that Survivors can do, not what I have done personally, except for the Hillbilly and the Legion part that I have done. I was trying to convey how much power a skilled Survivor has if they know what they are capable of with what this game provides. The scenario with the hook and the locker is a valid scenario that can happen and has basically almost happened within what I said minus the locker part and the blind as I am crap with flashlights. Looking back at my comment I can see how it looks like I was saying I was that skilled instead of what I was actually trying to say; I'll have to edit it but my point in it is still valid. Solo Survivors can be just as amazing as SWF if they understand how the game works, if you do not understand the fundamentals of loops, distance, speed, abilities, etc you will lose every time because you aren't paying attention. But if you understand those things you can loop for 5 gens, you can deny the Killer every hook and any kill, the De-Pip Squad proved that not me; if you don't know who that is then look it up on Youtube.

As far as your questions though my highest Survivor Rank has been 4 because at 5 I get the worst teams who are just selfish and get me killed. As a Killer I have gotten games where I killed everyone before 1 Gen was done and it was purely because the Survivors were brain dead Altrusitic idiots who thought they were good; their cockiness got them killed basically. I do not Survive every game no, I die most games but that's because I care more about getting my team out than myself and sometimes I'm an idiot; risky plays basically. Very rarely do I escape without getting hit, that only happens if the Killer is either very bad or they got Gen rushed to hell because of various reasons.

• RWoodrow
    RWoodrow Member Posts: 270
    Options

I spent a game scaring birds and trying to catch my own vomit in my mouth as the plague.

I also cleansed all the totems and went hunting the killer.

That's why the stats, while interesting, don't really prove anything to me on the subject of balance.

• silverwolf4455
    silverwolf4455 Member Posts: 496
    Options

Obviously you dont play red rank killer.. it takes a 3k to pip at red ranks.. it's so much easier to pip as survivor I can die every game and pip..

So that means only the good killers get to red rank because that's what it takes... meanwhile every potato can play survivor to rank 1

• PiiFree
    PiiFree Member Posts: 1,154
    Options

The only thing these stats show is that most Survivors play like potatoes, that's it.

Every single Killer has above 60% kill rate even though some of them are actually hot garbage.

• StevePerryPsychOut
    edited November 2019
    Options

Then why is it that at red ranks, the kill rate goes up? Presumably these are some of the best survivors in the game? Maybe survivor pipping is too lenient?

To be fair both sides depend on strong perks to succeed. I don't see a lot of off meta killer builds in the higher ranks either.

• HatCreature
    Options

So you think if they came back they couldn't do it again? Maybe we should ask them nicely and see what happens.

• HatCreature
    Options

Well from what I've heard the Devs goal is to balance solo players to the level of SWF players, I personally don't know how I feel about that, I don't. But it is very evident that they intentionally design weak Killers and balance them towards solo players and they have said once the solo is up to SWF level then the Killers can be buffed.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    edited November 2019
    Options

Feel free to correct me but:

Each survivor equals 25% of all survivors per game. Therefore any killer with a kill rate "below 75%" averages 2 kills per game which is exactly what the devs are aiming for... Right?

EDIT: That also explains what the devs meant when they said Spirit was overperforming. She averages 75% / 3 out of 4 survivors.

• MrsPiggyIsSoSneaky
    MrsPiggyIsSoSneaky Member Posts: 571
    Options

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

2016 and 2017 would like to disagree on your post

• StevePerryPsychOut
    Options

I think it's wise, the only way to truly balance the game is to make the survivor experience consistent, otherwise the balance point for killers would be much too strong against solos, or much too weak against swf.

To be fair even the killers who are considered the weakest are at or around 60% kill rate. Case in point if you'll allow me my own anecdotal evidence; I was playing solo on a team of rank 4-5 players who got destroyed by a leatherface, I only got out on a hatch play.

• HatCreature
    Options

I must confess it was very odd to see the stats, from what I understand the stats are not 100% accurate and don't account for several variables but yeah it was odd to look at. I've gone done to weak Killers loads of times and it was always because I played badly or my team played bad, the game is a trail of dominoes and if you flick the right one it will keep falling towards a conclusion you can't avoid.

• xerav
    xerav Member Posts: 392
    edited November 2019
    Options

Again it only shows that first post does not understand how this game works (also BHVR doesnt seem to understand its own PiP System if it rates killer by kills).

Killrate only shows Kills (so you can facecamp a hook all game and get another kill with noed and suddenly you did "fine" but you deranked cuz the PiP System gives you points for how long you can hold gens / how fast you chase / how many hooks you got kills do not matter this much if they die on first hook etc...

• HatCreature
    Options

I don't think we've reached that point yet, sure Spirit was and probably still is an incredibly designed Killer and I think the no collision while Phasing was a great choice and should have been in from the beginning. But I don't think we're at the point we could be getting strong Killers by accident with Demogorgon's perks and Legion's inconsistent and deaf changes. Maybe The Oni is the start of that? I don't know, I'm probably just so annoyed by the whole situation I need to take a step back and have another break.

• PiiFree
    PiiFree Member Posts: 1,154
    Options

High rank Killers are generally more skilled than high rank Survivors. It's a lot easier to rank up as Survivor and you can easily get boosted to red ranks while being an absolute potato at the game. High rank Killers don't just end up in high rank, they need the skill to reach that rank.

High rank Survivor =/= High skill Survivor

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,023
    Options

im just surprised Spirit only has an 11% pick rate at red ranks with all the ppl saying thats ALL they see.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,571
    Options

All of the Killers had a 2K/2E average.

The only one that was close was Freddy with 74%.

Remember, 25% is 1K

75% is a 3K

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448
    Options

I play both sides equally. And the thing is i love stats like these but devs should have not only put those alone. They should have shown survivor stats aswell showing how many times a survivor derank , 0 pip , 1 pip and 2 pip.

Because the killer managed to kill 3 people doesn't mean he will not derank, while the killed survivors will probably rank up. This is because ranking up as survivor is so easy that the killer rate is so high as survivors who should be rank 10 are rank 3 and face experienced killers who know how to play their characters.

Those stats are not enough to say that killers are the power side. Also it's kinda dumb that they we don't know if those stats are addonless or not as anyone can equip the strongest addon and by so make the killer rate higher while some killer struggles without addons ( Trapper is really hard to play without addon since you take the first 3 gens to place traps while you can 4K with an addonless Freddy pretty easily )

• Bingbongbong
    Bingbongbong Member Posts: 202
    Options

There's way too many variables to draw these types of conclusions from the stats. The Ranking system imbalances between killer and survivors alone is enough to show that.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,225
    Options

The escape rates are so low because noob survivors still learning it or friends "just chilling and having fun" are dragging down the rates.

This btw mirrors nurse's situation. Except nurse gets slightly adjusted.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options

Sigh...people see broad stats and jump to conclusions....

1: This "data" does not break down builds/moris/DC/3 or 2 or 1 man games due to DC/hook suicide, all of which can skew this data.

2: A 50% kill ratio is not balanced because the emblem system punishes you for not getting a 4k in high ranks. Kill ratio is not a means to balance this game.

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328
    Options

The stats aren't telling the full truth. You forgot how easy it is to rank up as survivor. Red ranks is absolutly overfilled with potatoes who belong in green ranks, if not yellow ranks. And pipping as killer is more difficult. It's just obvious that the killrate is very high since these potatoes are dying left and right but still pip or at least safety pip (aka black pip)