What necessary changes need to be done to Oni if any before he launches?

Options

Everyone keeps saying that Oni is going to get a small nerf or change before he drops. But I keep asking myself what is possibly going to be the thing that the Devs change about Oni? I mean he's perfectly perfect in every way in my opinion. Sure he's fast asf boi and all but overall I love playing this big hulking Oni-chan. He is going to be by far one of my most favorite killers in the game by far when he finally drops. But anyway, still asking the question what do you all think needs serious adjusting/changing in Oni's power?

Comments

• arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936
    Options

I can't say anything balance wise but I will say that his hit detection was pretty bad on the ptb from my experience and I hope they take a look at that.

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396
    Options

I’ve only seen him in gameplay videos, and the only thing that bothers me is the amount of blood orbs a survivor leaves behind.

It gives him a huge advantage in tracking. I think it would be a bit better for survivors if they would decrease the amount of orbs the longer you have the killer out of sight.

• coppersly
    coppersly Member Posts: 2,318
    Options

I think you guys are missing the point. It was a design choice to turn off and drain his power when picking someone up. They want to encourage slugging and getting survivors off gens to pick up downed ones while someone else is chased.

At least I think that's what they're going for. These are also the people who thought long and hard about changes for Nurse and came out with a complete and utter dud so who knows anymore.

• StarMoral
    StarMoral Member Posts: 938
    Options

While I personally do slug a lot to get survivors off gens, I usually like doing that out my own choice.

Having that integrated into the power seems a little restrictive and clunky.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,460
    edited November 2019
    Options

I'm not missing it, I just can't see them ever conciously wanting to encourage slugging as so far in the games existence they have done nothing but nerf and discourage slugging. I think the slug factor is actually unintended and they actually thought people would down 1 survivor, pick them up, cancel and repeat. I don't believe they foresaw the play style he is currently using. If they did that quite contradicts all their previous balancing up to this point in regards to slugging.

• coppersly
    edited November 2019
    Options

Restrictive and clunky..🤔 that sounds about what they're going for. Just look at janky Nurse.

@Blueberry This wouldn't be the first time they've changed their minds on something. Stranger things and human killers is a big one.

• Blueberry
    Options

Well I hope that's the case.

I personally like that slugging exists as it offers different play styles and this comes from playiing as survivor as well. I don't get peoples irrational hate for slugging.

• coppersly
    Options

From a survivor perspective, I totally see and hate being slugged myself. Especially when the killer isn't really that good and my teammates are being potatoes and not capitalizing on the slug plays.

You're on the ground until you die crawling slowly with music that isn't really great to listen to for 4 minutes, and you're not doing anything unless you brought specific perks. In this sense though I think it's actually decent game design because you can choose to take the perks that completely counter the playstyle if you really don't want to deal with it, or risk being slugged.

From a killer perspective I don't think it's really all the great outside of niche builds since you risk wasting a chase if they pick someone up while you're away.

But as a whole, currently slugging seems to me to be ok. It's got a good risk:reward ratio.

• Blueberry
    edited November 2019
    Options

Yeah as you've said, it's a very high risk vs reward play and can be very punishing if the survivors work through it. Also as you've said, many perks to counter it as well.

I don't really see a difference between me sitting on the ground or on a hook. At least on the ground I don't have to spam a button, it isn't counting as one of my hooks AND I have the chance to crawl away to safety or under a pallet for a slam. I'd rather them slug me.

• coppersly
    Options

Those are good points, but you also risk not even getting hooked once and dying from slugging.

I definitely think we could have more slug orientated killers, that would be interesting.

• Blueberry
    edited November 2019
    Options

If I die to slugging I would've already been dead to a hook minutes ago so it just gave me more of a chance at living.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,347
    Options

His slugging potential needs to be nerfed in my opinion. Hvae his power deactivate when he downs a survivor, but have him not lose any of his power charge when his power deactivates.

Maybe allow him to deactivate his power at will as well.

Some people say he has no counterplay in chases while his Blood Fury is active, but I personally feel like it's just dependent on the loop you are at. If loops are big enough on any side, his bad turning on his dash will make his dash rather useless on that loop. Loops that are more circle shaped in general are good against him.

• ASAPTurtle
    ASAPTurtle Member Posts: 968
    Options

Missing a hit with his power a certain amount of times should deplete it or at least remove part of the power gauge.

• EldritchElise87
    EldritchElise87 Member Posts: 626
    Options

I'd be fine with some of the add ons being looked at, the one that reduces your dash charge time by 50% seems a bit excessive. But base kit should stay the same, at least for a few weeks.

• StarMoral
    StarMoral Member Posts: 938
    Options

Yeah in all honesty, I prefer being slugged than hooked.

• ygnea
    ygnea Member Posts: 116
    Options

His add ons need to be looked out, his charge time add ons are crazy and def need some tweaking and a nerf before launching to live.

• disconnectbybuglite
    Options

Change nothing

• DBDIT
    DBDIT Member Posts: 172
    Options

Idk but this four year trend BHVR has of dropping killers and then modifying them after they drop needs to lessen or stop. Can't even call the game complete given the numerous changes over the year.

• GuardianoftheCrystal
    Options

They are focusing on rants made by the Survivor base of the community in my opinion. When survivors let their voices be heard about certain killers they dislike going against instead of trying too improve their game play and learn the killers they hate but instead they complain loud enough until Devs get tired and finally do some reworks. I know I'll get my ear raped about this comment but its the honest truth, whenever Survivors complain long enough about a certain killer it'll get a nerf or change.

Nurse got so much complaints by Survivors in the past look at her now, hardly anyone plays her anymore.

Survivors started complaining about Spirit and how unfun it is to go against her, now she's getting changed. Mark my words they'll be after Billy next.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
    Options

Im not sure, he seems pretty fine at the moment, maybe adjust drifting during demon dash a bit.

Oh, I also hope they fix some of his choppy animations, when he downs someone with or breaks a pallet with his kanabo it looks weird from the killers perspective

• DBDIT
    DBDIT Member Posts: 172
    Options

I'm glad you said that's your opinion cus I think they cater more so towards killers BUT I can tell they've catered to both sides. Not going to act like DS didn't get nerfed, or insta-heals being nerfed while still implementing new killers (Oni) with one hit downs, still no dedicated servers so we still rely on killers connection for p2p etc. They need to get it together is all I'm saying

• UlvenDagoth
    UlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535
    edited November 2019
    Options

None. Let the Killer come out and have some time to settle before doing ANYTHING TO THEM as far as nerfs/buffs go. Only thing I think is picking someone up shouldn't drain your power so much. It promotes alot of sluggin.