Who get's new chase music, and why?

There are 17 killers (I think) in Dead by Daylight currently (if you let me include The Oni, who isn't officially out yet, but still) and only 3 have their own unique chase music. Myers with the Halloween theme, Demogorgon with some Stranger Things theme, and The Oni with some intense Japanese beat. While the others (Trapper, Wraith, Billy, Nurse, Huntress, Hag, Doctor, Leather Face, Freddy, Pig, Spirit, Legion, Plague, Clown, and Ghost Face) have to settle with the default chase music.

Don't get me wrong, I like the chase music, but I really expected unique chase music for the following killers:

Doctor- Trippy electric sounding

Leather Face, Freddy, and Pig- The movies these licensed killers came with had a soundtrack that could have been altered into chase music

Legion- Edgy punk rock

Clown- It 100% should have and SHOULD be the circus theme but made into something creepier (and I know y'all can do it! Remember that Christmas event with altered Sleigh Bells song?)

Ghost Face- Throughout all 4 Scream films when someone, mainly a female, is being chased there is music accompanied by that. Which fits PERFECT with Dead by Daylight!

Answers

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

Considering this is a "new" demand from the players and that Myers and Demo-goodboy are licensed killers (so why wouldn't you milk that music allowance) I see it highly unlikely they won't release unique music for all killers in the future.

My concern isn't when will the music be released but how. I do not want these music tracks being locked behind the Battle Pass or being sold in the shop. I'm also a very pessimistic person so hopefully my worries prove fruitless, but we will see.

• Spooky13
    Spooky13 Member Posts: 1,471

Seems the new killers are getting unique chase music. It started with Myers, but hasn't come back up until Demogorgon came out, and now Oni has his own music I think.

• tehshadowman33
    tehshadowman33 Member Posts: 939

Doctor needs some funky theremin.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

If they had to do custom chase music for all killers it would be a ton of work, and unless they somehow make it purchasable it would be work for free, and that would be very unlikely.

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171

I'm pretty sure Peanits has said old Killers probably won't ever get new unique chase music, because it's just not worth the time or effort that could be better spent elsewhere.

That said, at least it looks like the new Killers will have unique chase themes, so that's good.

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 2,004
    edited November 2019

They already come with at least one new theme for the menu every chapter, so it's not like they don't already devote resources to music. Not to mention they don't need to make 14 new themes at once when they could simply add new music gradually.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

Oni's chase music is great. I hope they do more of it

• Zanely89
    Zanely89 Member Posts: 134

I do hope they will start adding it slowly. I don't expect them to release everything in one chapter, but maybe every chapter/mid chapter.

• BDS22
    BDS22 Member Posts: 146

Clown had potential in some awesome chase music, some type of horror carnival theme would've been so good.

Hag with some voodoo type of chase theme would've been really cool too.

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 2,004

This is apparently exactly what they're going to do.

Dev stream says The Doctor will be the first to get new chase music.

• RIP_Legion
    RIP_Legion Member Posts: 428

Hey good news from the most recent QnA, here's the quote if I remember correctly "We will be updating the killer chase music so they will all be unique". Hopefully that means new songs for certain killers and not just "well we have the soundtracks let's just see which one fits each killer the best and leave it at that".

• Mikeadatrix
    Mikeadatrix Member Posts: 890

This does put a smile on my face. I hope they take inspiration or straight up use the incredible music that the one guy (his name is escaping me) made and posted here.