Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

What is everyones' favorite killer to play? [New to DBD and Forums]

2»

Answers

• Immersed_P3_Nea
    Immersed_P3_Nea Member Posts: 49

Michael! I love that his power lends itself to both stealth and brute force playstayles, sometimes within the same game.

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,047

I stopped playing most killers and am still hooked onto Pig. Literally missing 3 perks and about 30 levels to max everything on her.

Finally made a build I enjoy that drops Ruin and lets me get all the information and slow down required to be proficient with a killer without getting too destroyed.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

Favorite is Clown, follow ups being Trapper and Doctor. I used to play a lot of Spirit and Nurse.

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529
    edited November 2019

Honestly, I have been maining Nurse since almost a year now. I just fell in love with her extremely rewarding playstyle. Even post-rework she can be really fun, albeit alot more stressful at times. Plus I use her for farming, because I fill my BBQ stacks with her the quickest.

Though if I don't want to concentrate too much, I will usually play Ghostface, Pig, or Doctor. I might not be killing nearly as many survivors with those killers, but its fun nonetheless.

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773

I typically play all killers and survivors, but my fav killer atm is Legion, and my least favorite is Nurse.

Legion is weak, but I love their cosmetics, and their height allows for easy mindgames.

Nurse feels clunky, untested, and just bad since her rework. She never needed her base changed, and I simply get frustrated and toxic when I play her. Devs please fix her.

• pichumudkip
    pichumudkip Member Posts: 155

I mean Nurse is still pretty good. Maybe not SS Tier but she's still S Tier in my opinion

• Jesya
    Jesya Member Posts: 1,101

Wraith will always be my baby

Freddy and Trapper come in second.

• pichumudkip

My favorite killers to play are probably Myers, Plague without a doubt (10/10 puke physics would puke again), and probably shockingly Ghostface. Billy isn't too bad but I wouldn't say I'd want to use him daily.

Survivor wise: Claudette (yes I'm toxic but I'm a crappy Toxic player who hates flashlights :-:) Nea, David, and Nancy.

• Lanterns
    Lanterns Member Posts: 83

Welcome to the fog.

I love playing as Ghostface. There's nothing like sneaking up behind people and pulling them out of generators. Great scare if you're not used to it.

The Legion comes close behind. It can be disappointing to see all this back and forth with them in the community but I won't stop playing them for anything.

• NinoV1
    NinoV1 Member Posts: 382

Stay at rank 10, you’ll be happier there then the red ranks.

Also trapper is god tier.

• justaSpirit_phase
    justaSpirit_phase Member Posts: 142

Lol I don’t think I saw one wraith on here but I can’t tell you how many times survivors have run into my whilst uncloaking and I just get a free hit. But huntress, legion, and spirit are others. (Legion just because I love the character and for some reason I always get 4ks)

• Spirit.

Try out the 4k, 0 chase challenge. In summary, the idea is to kill all 4 survivors without ever being in a chase. You can do this by phasing to them and pulling them off gens, phasing to them and hitting them into dying state (exposed effects of if the target is already injured).

It can be quite interesting for yourself, although I don't imagine it being particularly fun for survivors.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

Nurse gave me motion sickness and I stopped playing Spirit when audio broke a way back and you couldn't hear anything as a Killer.

So I guess, yes?

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396

I like Wraith and believe he is lots of fun, but from my experience, he’s not that good against good loopers playing with SWFs. I guess that could be said for most killers, it just feels so frustrating when I play as Wraith.

• coppersly
    coppersly Member Posts: 2,318

It's not about her being strong. She's for sure weaker but that's not the problem I have with her now, it's how unfun it is to use her and how she went from skillful gameplay equals reward to it takes so much skill to even finish the game without force closing it.

• TheEvilKit
    TheEvilKit Member Posts: 39
    edited November 2019

Hag is my fave killer hands down. Big brain macro trap plays, cheeky bodyblock traps, and of course always one trap in front of a hook because so many survivors don't respect traps on hook dives. There are just so many inventive ways to use hag traps!

I also play a lot of Wraith, Myers, Ghostface, working on Demo right now and finding I might really enjoy Plague a whole lot.

• ASAPTurtle
    ASAPTurtle Member Posts: 968

Claudette and Hag are my favorite.

• Umbrae_pk
    Umbrae_pk Member Posts: 482

Huntress is one of the best (underrated) killers. She’s literally so strong and so fun I have no idea why people don’t play h-

*Waluigi noises*

ohhhhh THAT’S why!

• Larisa
    Larisa Member Posts: 176

DEMOGORGON!

• pichumudkip

Eh I don't really see that issue with her but it could be because I'm not necessarily a nurse main let alone killer main.

• BlindMole
    BlindMole Member Posts: 649

Love myers and the spook factor he offers.

To me, playing spooky myers is the most fun thing i can do in the whole game!

• Venoxxie
    Venoxxie Member Posts: 300

Well, it was Legion. But with the nerf to Sloppy Butcher coming out, idk. I still like Legion as a character and will still play 'em from time to time but I don't really have a fav killer since I don't play killer often.

I plan to try playing Plague (and Hag when I get her) at some point and seeing if I like them, they seem like great killers imo.

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737

Insidious Kekdetteface. Oh, the salt...

• Herman_CMH
    Herman_CMH Member Posts: 181

Welcome, I am just 3 months elder than you in the fog. I am currently Hag main, she is fun to play and save me up a lot of time by teleport to other area . My next target is spirit or plague, i do think they are fun to play as. For spirit, I would wait to buy her after getting some feedback on her performance in next chapter.

• GhostrickSpecter
    GhostrickSpecter Member Posts: 460
    edited November 2019

Plague. I play her every single time I log onto the game and usually it's only her that gets attention.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,862

As a rule, I like one shot killers. So Hillbilly, Meyers, and Leatherface were my go to killers for a long time. I do really like the Freddy rework so I've been spending a lot of time on him lately.

• coppersly
    coppersly Member Posts: 2,318

I promise you that is the reason. If you play her for any time outside of potato ranks you will have a miserable time.

• Dr_Trauts
    Dr_Trauts Member Posts: 704

Leatherface. Cause he's amazing!

• Joevela
    Joevela Member Posts: 19
    edited November 2019

I love the SPIRIT, her design, power, facial expressions, her movvments, her skins, i love that nobody can se her, because shes a ghost, and i love her lore.

Post edited by Inji on
  • SmallrOutsde
    SmallrOutsde Member Posts: 23

I started playing because I wanted to play as Freddy so, I still LOVE playing as Freddy, but I've recently taken to Wraith as a favorite, as well. I'm trying to diversify more and git gud with as many as I can, though. The Archives have forced me to play more Trapper, obv, and I've enjoyed it.

I'm gonna be trying out Plague on PC as well as, I think, Piggy on Xbox. We'll see though.

DEF gonna be playing ONI on PC when it comes out.

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145

Spirit and GF.

You don't know where I am until I'm breathing down your neck.

• Mrmaplesyrup
    Mrmaplesyrup Member Posts: 16

I played old Freddy for about 400 hours before his rework. I don't play new Freddy anymore so it is probably Nurse or Demogorgon.

• EmpireWinner
    EmpireWinner Member Posts: 1,054

Nurse. Sure the changes made her a little bit iffy, but still love blinking and smacking people. I'm glad they were able to change the addons, more use to them.

• Inji
    Inji Member Posts: 1,096

Welcome to the forums Prism!

My favorite killers are Nurse and Spirit

They just look really cool to me and I like their playstyle allot. However I have been playing allot of Wraith and Trapper lately. If I could have 4 favorites these would be it :)

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

Not a big fan of any of them but Doctor and Wraith is what I use most so guess I like them best. And both are very good killers with the right add-ons and easy to use.

I guess nurse would be fun if you know what to do. I tried her three times but man she is so hard to understand how to use so I think I will ignore her from now on.

• LordEmrich
    LordEmrich Member Posts: 258

1. The Wraith - I almost feel sorry for the Survivors when I play as him.

2. The Nightmare - His rework made him so much better. I do miss being able to see Survivors who are in the Dream World and outside of my Terror Radius regardless of where they were on the map, though.

3. The Clown - Love how he laughs at everything even stuns. He seems like he's having a genuinely good time out there. Plus, his toxin making chases too easy.

• LordEmrich
    LordEmrich Member Posts: 258

How could I forget about The Doctor as well? He's awesome at revealing Survivors and after watching Monto and HybridPanda play as him that has made me a better Doctor player.

• TheHourMan
    TheHourMan Member Posts: 1,052

Personally that's hard to choose, but I have a lot of fun with these 3:

Plague. Very oppressive killer if done right. Downside is she's complicated to get good with.

Ghostface. He's just fun all around. Also the only killer that can teabag back at the survivors.

Pig. She is my favorite I would say. Put a trap on someone and keep kicking them off of jigsaw boxes until their head pops. This also means you don't have to waste time chasing them and can protect nearby gens much more efficiently. And eventually they may stop trying to run away because they see you not following, meaning you get a free grab and hook at the box.

• JokeFace
    JokeFace Member Posts: 1

Ghostface: I just like the power to hide your TR when you want, a very strong killer if it's power it's used correctly.

Leatherface: Nothing much to say about him, very good perks and also a very good killer in general, you can snowball if used correctly, currently my favorite killer.

• Wuhelm
    Wuhelm Member Posts: 260

Hag is my favorite. She is just so powerful and I like seeing survivors jump when I pop out of nowhere or them trying to figure out if I am going to teleport at a trapped loop. Hag and lock down half a map.