Man this community is just sickeningly toxic...

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 5,229
edited November 2019 in General Discussions

I don't think I can tolerate it anymore, I'm probably one more trolly SWF sending me death threats in the post game lobby chat away from just leaving the game for good.

I don't know what is wrong with you guys, but a lot of you need some serious mental help; you need to see a doctor or talk to someone because there are some serious mental health issues with a lot of people that play this game.

(Please don't give me the hide chat stuff, I shouldn't have to, and it keeps unhiding itself for me anyways and I can't close it in time because the archive stuff or my dailies block me off from just closing it and moving on immediately I can't avoid seeing it a lot of the time. There is also no hiding in game behavior, and what people will do if they have access to your steam name or your stream info or discord or anything else)

Comments

• UlvenDagoth
    UlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535
    Options

All i ever get in end game chat is hate or "gg". Nothing constructive comes out of end game chat 99% of the time.

• Elk
    Elk Member Posts: 2,267
    Options

Yeah, people like that are a handful and need help. I think some people just have bad games and it builds up until you do something that makes them mad then they take that anger on you. HOWEVER, it is no excuse for them to act like that. Bad games or not. I had been given messages like that a lot. In most online games you'll get messages like that. I try, now, not to take it to heart and play how i desire. If you need a break from this then go ahead. I needed to a couple of times, but i refuse to leave because of some (BAD WORD)hats want you to play a certain way or whatever they are (BAD WORD)ing about. At the end do what makes you happy. 😊

• Artyomich
    Artyomich Member Posts: 281
    Options

How much of a snowflake are you that you can't ignore text sent by strangers online did those virtual Tbags hurt your self-esteem so hard you can't function as a human being?

Oh man MW 2 lobbies would break your soul back then if this is your limit.

Say GG and leave problem solved. Private your profile comments.

• Artyomich
    edited November 2019
    Options

My bad. Honest truth hurts, Next time I'll just join the pity party and rub each other's back against these evil players and their scary words.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Artyomich
    edited November 2019
    Options

Ah, Yes. Complain about something that's existed on the internet for years and will never disappear. Let us hold hands over the Circle jerk camp fire.

Please support the bully hunters.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,424
    Options

Instead of posting here why not just report them.

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773
    Options

Welcome too dbd, honestly it's one of the most toxic communities i've been in. If you want too avoid end game chat, just leave immediately once the game's over, and if they are harassing you on discord or through steam, contact support. Unfortunately the fact the game only has a ranked mode for everything is why it breeds sweat and toxicity.

• tylerlogsdon1
    tylerlogsdon1 Member Posts: 158
    Options

Threats that nobody will act on. Laugh at their salt and move onto the next game

• ahandfulofrain
    ahandfulofrain Member Posts: 528
    Options

This community is toxic as anything but honestly you need some thicker skin, man. It's just a game; remember that they're the losers screaming about a video game while you're just trying to have fun.

Also you can hide the chat at the end.

• Artyomich
    Options

Come back to me when people would adhere to that in a platform where everyone is anonymous and unhinge. By the way in case people start twisting my words as if I support toxicity. I don't. I just find it equally as hilarious expecting decency on the internet.

• Vetrathene
    Vetrathene Member Posts: 1,425
    Options

The End game chat should have never been added to the game. I don't know what the Devs where thinking, but I rarely do. I find most of thier logic strange and unknowable.

• Usui
    Usui Member Posts: 531
    Options

constructive lol, you want survivors to tell you how to play better?

• Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243
    Options

You just have to realise that the people saying these things are most likely like 13 years old.

I'm sure I was a dickhead when I was 13 as well.

• cetruzzo
    cetruzzo Member Posts: 323
    Options

End game chat has to be removed permanently, it's useless or toxic 99% of the time

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340
    Options

You may want to take a break from the game then...Ppl can say ######### things...if it's affecting you, you may want to step back for a bit. We can control ourselves, we cannot control others.

• Coriander
    Coriander Member Posts: 1,117
    Options

There ought to be only one thing: a button that sends the other team "GG!"

You can press the button or hit Leave

• Viceus
    Viceus Member Posts: 145
    Options

+1 this thread

Too much toxic in end game chat.. says ez.. killer nub too ez.. they play SWF with Discord in PC.. to know every single where i went....I know this game have a toxic community anyway...

I just bet who is mocking maybe only teenager or below age 30 anyway..

I dunno report in game Unsportsmanlike conduct still effective or not..

• UlvenDagoth
    UlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535
    Options

Naw, but it would be nice to have a civil talk some time.

• John_Doe
    John_Doe Member Posts: 236
    Options

I don't understand why there's still a post game chat PC are the only one's with it and all you get out of it is a GG or people being toxic.

• DBD_Pinhead
    DBD_Pinhead Member Posts: 763
    Options

Stuff like this happened my first week playing the game and made me 100% killer main. I'm on console and it's the first game I had to adjust my communication settings on to resist the temptation to message back. Now if survivors are toxic in game I return it for that one and the next 3 after that because you can never be "nice" as a killer.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919
    Options

But it doesn't re-enable itself for me and I've had it "disabled" for ages?

• madds
    madds Member Posts: 70
    Options

Post-game chat is pretty useless, honestly. If it's not just players exchanging "GGs", its more often than not ridiculous amounts of salt and toxicity. It does nothing positive for the game, as if players really want to communicate with one another, they do so in groups outside of the game. Discord servers, these forums, the subreddit...its just a pretty useless addition all-in-all.

Though, I have to be honest, I'd miss the few opportunities I get to meet a nice SWF and make some new friends. 😥

• TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375
    Options

Honestly, you should take your own advice because this post seems to bother you so much. It's comments like yours that incite toxic behaviour in the first place.

• Artyomich
    edited November 2019
    Options

Ah, Yes. I am so bothered. I can't concentrate in my games because of this.

Difference between toxicity and saying something you don't want to hear because I'm not in the band wagon.

• asergioam
    asergioam Member Posts: 363
    Options

I've had nice converstions in post game chat but also insults from toxic kids. I'm actually pretty ignoring of it but I understand many people can't just pretend they didn't see. I seriously think that chat should be an option to turn on or off in the options menu. And it should show to other players who has the chat disconected who hasn't so they know their talking to the wind. Or better yet, showing a message of who saw their text and who didn't so they know they were talking to themselves... guess this would be even better!

• TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375
    Options

You should try being civil, you might find it kind of rewarding. Sarcasm gets you nowhere in life.

• Artyomich
    Options

I don't need to mince words against people I don't know.

• LlamaArmour
    LlamaArmour Member Posts: 75
    Options

Devs pls don't listen to these guys and get rid of end game chat.

I've made so many friends just from that alone/had some really funny chats.

I understand their point, but just make it so that they can permanently disable it (although I'm pretty sure you already can).

I have it on console and on PC and console is pretty boring post game without the opportunity to potentially make friends with the nice survivor that body blocked for me when I was on last hook (just an example).

• DeadByMemelight
    DeadByMemelight Member Posts: 51
    Options

"Other games have toxicity problems, so who cares if DBD does as well." Amazing argument, broheim.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,667
    Options

I've seen people permanently banned for post game chat abuse, some of which I've reported myself (some were so bad that devs reached out to me after reading about it on Discord for more info).

Report away - You're doing the community a favor, and devs DO take action.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,289
    Options

I don't know what else to say than how you should use the self-moderation tools in place (hiding chat, blocking communication channels) though. Besides the fact that stuff like actual death threats is reportable both in-game and on any respectable platform if it goes outside the game (Steam, PS, Xbox, no clue how Switch works).

Trashy behavior that doesn't actually break any rules is quite simply going to happen in any game that allows any form of communication. I'd prefer if it wasn't the case, but that's just how it is. Trying to restrict anything beyond the obvious like death threats, straight up racism and so on quickly gets very subjective when someone has to decide where to draw the line.

• DeKillerKiller
    DeKillerKiller Member Posts: 547
    Options
  • SolidusPrime
    SolidusPrime Member Posts: 39
    Options

Take a break and see how you feel. Nothing wrong with that. I haven't played in like 3 months at this point. It's been quite refreshing, actually.

But yes. This game has THE most toxic community of any game. By far, for the most part. There are only a few that give DBD a run for it's money. Sad, but it is what it is.

• CrowFoxy
    CrowFoxy Member Posts: 1,310
    Options

Some of you guys are literally agreeing that toxicity is ok just by saying "get thicker skin" and stuff. You're an issue.

• Azgard12
    Azgard12 Member Posts: 335
    Options

So I’ll frequently get endgame messages- PS4 here. They’ll range from salt toward that they lost, gloating that they won, to things I never would have thought to whine about (I broke an unlit totem and that was rude, for example).

i have endlessly tried to approach every person with the same patience and positivity. Usually just saying awww man that sucks, maybe next game will be better and “do you want to be friends, we could team up!” Really trying to compliment someone on what they did well... even when it’s hard.

I have made about 20 friends over the past few years doing this. It’s totally worth it and I’m glad I know them- two are even friends I may meet in real life some day.

BUT- and this goes back to what OP is saying- often I feel worse about the world. The number of slurs, cancer threats, and hate speech are awful. As someone who’s had a form of cancer, it’s a weird pang to the soul, and as someone who was sometimes called a certain slur in the real world, that doesn’t help either. My reaction has been to report those messages on PS4 and block the person, though it often feels like screaming into the void, as I doubt Sony does anything.

People need to realize their words can have both positive and negative consequences. You can make friends, but you can also really hurt someone. And either way it’s the result of playing a silly (but fun) game.

• Lanterns
    Lanterns Member Posts: 83
    Options

I can only remember one good experience with end game chat a long time ago. As a baby survivor I found hatch and there was a killer who welcomed me to the game and hoped I'd enjoy it. Very wholesome.

Chat went downhill for me ever since. I wouldn't mind if it got taken out permanently to be honest.

• TheCrookedMan
    TheCrookedMan Member Posts: 282
    Options

Thicker skin helps. Common Decency shouldn't be expected at all in PVP games that are like this one. If you want to actually fix the issue, you can simply report instead of venting on the forums (though venting may help as well, as the OP does feel better.)

• Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456
    Options

Most of them are kids, kids are cruel,words aren't going to make them stop, same for complaining on forums, in fact that's usually what they want, see you take the bait and react to it.

I know you don't want to hear it but yeah the best way to just avoid it is to just mute the chat...which yes you shouldn't have to do , it should be default.

And yeah they should be punished for it but it's rarely gonna happen, it's a problem in anygame, the only way to deal with it is to grow a thicker skin and to ignore them.

• joker7997
    joker7997 Member Posts: 899
    Options

Yeah this game has really shown me just how ######### a lot of humanity is in reality. People dont go around saying the things people do on the internet because if they did, someone would beat the ######### out of them. Just try to remember if someone is acting like that, they're probably miserable turds irl, pity them