The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

BBQ Event. Camping Gens.

Is anyone else facing killers who over protect event gens? They leave a chase just to stop the person on the gen. I am not mad or salty I am just curios if anyone else is having the same problem..

Comments

• Esheon
    Esheon Member Posts: 568
    Same thing happened in the Lunar event. Some killers deliberately camped event gens and some survivors deliberately sabotaged event hooks. Most were open to leaving event goals alone when possible, but you'll always get a few who are determined to keep others from participating.

I think it would be better to increase the requirements for each goal and give everyone a progress point whenever either side completes a goal. That way the opposing side gets rewarded for leaving their opponent's event goals alone.
  • Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    Just grab Sabotage and spam/sabo the hooks.

Chances are the killer will tunnel and facecamp the saboteur so the rest of you can finish the gens.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293

@Visionmaker said:

Chances are the killer will tunnel and facecamp the saboteur so the rest of you can finish the gens.

... That seems ridiculously petty.

Then again what did I expect from this game...

• Tzeentchling9
    Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796
    And I'm supposed to ignore the Survivor putting themself in the bad position to rush the gen, and chase the guy running off to the closest loop, why ?
  • Baphomett
    Baphomett Member Posts: 394
    And I'm supposed to ignore the Survivor putting themself in the bad position to rush the gen, and chase the guy running off to the closest loop, why ?
    I dont think anyone said that, re-read the OP.  Camping the event gens, even when presented with a better option, or leaving chases just to protect the event gen when you wouldnt for a regular gen, is pretty scummy. 

Now, if survivors are on the gen and you patrol it and chase them, that's just playing the game.  No one is asking for a free lunch, just don't be a jerk and decide that stopping the survs from getting event points is suddenly priority 1 over getting kills.

Same goes for sabo.  Dont act like denying the killer points is a higher priority than doing gens, getting res ues or escaping and we're all good.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Glossed said:
    Is anyone else facing killers who over protect event gens? They leave a chase just to stop the person on the gen. I am not mad or salty I am just curios if anyone else is having the same problem..

Sabotage my hook and I will camp your gen, thats an easy deal :wink:

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Visionmaker said:

And this is exactly the reaosn why gens are camped :wink:

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

Yeah. Some killers want to win.
    Shocking.

• steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,194

@Master said:

@Visionmaker said:

And this is exactly the reaosn why gens are camped :wink:

It's A reason gens are camped, not THE reason.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

I won´t camp the event gens. BUT if survivors start to sabotage the event hooks, i gonna hard camp that gen and slug everyone.

• Tizzle
    Tizzle Member Posts: 696

Good luck camping 5 event gens....

• Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835

Ye my first game was 3 sabos. After that I started playing hostage doc just for good measure as exact same thing happened in Lunar event.

• Tsulan

@Tizzle said:
    Good luck camping 5 event gens....

That´s where i start slugging

• pabloddiablo316
    pabloddiablo316 Member Posts: 84

Wht I want to know is are we getting more time to reflect on the fac that its sodding hard to even get a game going due to the server issues

• Tsulan

@pabloddiablo316 said:
    Wht I want to know is are we getting more time to reflect on the fac that its sodding hard to even get a game going due to the server issues

Depends on how long those problems are going. They prolonged the Howling Grounds.

• Paddy4583
    Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864
    Glossed said:

Pretty good idea, because you know that’s the first gens they are going for. Leave them too it
  • ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    edited August 2018
    Runiver said:

Yeah. Some killers want to win.
    Shocking.

Most of these event gen campers dont want to win though, i've seen a few literally walking out with zero kills and like 5k BP cause they decided to camp one or two of the gens even if it means the survivors are free to do what they want as long as they dont close to them.
  • Demonsouls1993
    Demonsouls1993 Member Posts: 261
    Glossed said:

Survivors want to be ######### and brake the event hooks then us killers are going to camp the gens 
  • AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    Not gonna lie. I played a trapper game and I trapped each of the 4 sides of the special gen😁 it was at that point a meme game. I let them get the other special gens but not this one. I think i caught the survivors in traps 4 or 5 times suprisingly.