Something is definitely wrong with the Tome Tier 3

DJ_Sora
DJ_Sora Member Posts: 10
edited November 2019 in General Discussions

So I played for about 4 hours straight, and felt the need to register to hear if anyone else honestly has this same situation.

I've only had about 5 matches where it did not revolve around camping the basement. 2 were farmers, 2 were doing noed EGC missions and 1 was just a rank 13 killer against us rank 4s. I wait about 5 minutes for matchmaking to work only to find campers and/or killers with basement transportation perks. I even had a pig camp the basement for christ's sake, I've deranked two levels at an attempt to not help campers finish their crappy missions. I felt the need to run borrowed time just to spare my teammates and dc afterwards.

Am I just being a big baby or should i be a killer at an attempt to ease the bullcrap these matches are turning out to be, because I feel there is something terribly wrong when the tome came out

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• DJ_Sora

Definitely, at first I was like oh a noed EGC already? It's cool to see blood warden in play, I love that perk. But then i see all the camping and need to modify my perks to minimize the amount of fun taken out of the game. I legit had someone thank me for borrowed timing them after the game which I dc(ed)

• MrsPiggyIsSoSneaky
    MrsPiggyIsSoSneaky Member Posts: 571

but nahhhhhhhhh they are totally finneeeeeeeee........nah they are totally BS, we really don't know what BHVR was thinking

• DJ_Sora

I'm actually thinking about not playing dbd for a few days. Remember that one stream where the guy was like "play a different game"? I think I'll take you up on that offer

• Broccoli_Jaeger
    Broccoli_Jaeger Member Posts: 252

Just wait for Tome 4. The amount of DC's is going to be extremely high because no one can finish their challenges.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,089
    edited November 2019

I did not experience any bad Survivor games. Only thing that is annoying is that the Iridescent Emblems do not count every time (I did the two Killer Challenges before so that I do not need to do 25 Unhooks while everyone else needs to do 25 Unhooks).

But like I said - no problem with my Survivor games, I even did not notice any excessive farming.

Got nearly all of the Killer Challenges tho, took 2 games for hooking the Obsession two times and the NOED-one, the rest of the Master Challenges done in the first Trial. Very hard Tome Level.

• Venoxxie
    Venoxxie Member Posts: 300

The killer ones definitely promote plays that make the game super unfun for everyone, like... what killer has fun sitting in one spot to kill altruistic teammates? (and if that's your idea of fun you need help)

Some survivor ones are doable without the need to ruin the gameplay. Saving survivors off hook for example, you don't need to farm that... just be patient throughout your matches but people cry about not getting it done quick enough so that's why they do it (and they probably just dunno how to play properly).

I get these are supposed to be challenges and all, meaning they are meant to be hard... no challenge in things being easy. However, some are just impossible without toxic gameplay or without swf. I mean one of the survivor ones is escape using spine chill without EVER being hooked that match. Like... WHAT? Basically promoting an Egoist/Blendette playstyle.

I don't think you're a baby... these challenges are bs but sadly, challenges are meant to be challenging. I think once I get to a point where they are literally impossible for me, I'll just stop with their dumb tomes.

• Nyaren_Chan
    Nyaren_Chan Member Posts: 243

Some of the challenges are too situational in my opinion. If i recall there is one about unhooking two people during the endgame.. Good luck with that.

Get ready for the impossible Level IV almost nobody will manage to complete.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,122

I've been playing for like 2 or 3 days and still haven't finished the Tome 2 challenge of safely unhooking 15 survivors.

• akbays35
    akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123

I got half of it done, I'm working on the Survivor end on the backside and doing the egc one last since it's rng

• Carlosylu
    Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948

I got the answer to this form tome 2... DO THE KILLER CHALLENGES FIRST. That gave me easy survivor's challenges after I finished the killer ones.

To tell you the truth, I did the hook 15 survivors in the basement with a Freddy basement build in only 2 games, no camping, no tunneling, 3 hooks per survivor, purple ranks.

Mad Grit + Make Your Choice + Agitation + Iron Grasp

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

Tome 4 is bound to be even BETTER!

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703
    edited November 2019

Well I've got around 40 days to get as much as I can from Tomes 3 and 4.

I'll reach all the unlockable serum tiers so I can get another full Hallowed skin and then I won't be that bothered. I'm not fussed about the charms or the lore recordings.

I'm not getting another pass as I can't commit to DBD for the amount of play-time to do all the challenges. I'm happy just being casual.

• Spooky13
    Spooky13 Member Posts: 1,471

Don't worry guys they were just placeholders.

Watch them make Tome 4 even worse.

• Mrwood204
    Mrwood204 Member Posts: 226

"Survive the challenge at full health using the perk No Mither"

• Spooky13
    Spooky13 Member Posts: 1,471

"Heal yourself 5 health states using the perk No Mither. Must be done in one trial."

• johnmwarner
    johnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793

I’m glad I’m going on vacation for two weeks, by the time I get back people will be playing normally until rift 4

• Polychrome_Baku
    Polychrome_Baku Member Posts: 404

"Sacrifice 5 survivors. Must be done in a single trial."

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,793

Yeah I think I'm gonna sit the game out for a few days. Pretty ironic that they release these challenges to make people play more and be more engaged with the game but the better option is to not play until most people are done with their tome.

I will not be purchasing any future rifts unless they make significant changes.

• hinoutoumei
    hinoutoumei Member Posts: 294
    edited November 2019

Absolutely none of these challenges are impossible. Try watching some streams of some good players before you make statements like these.

• hinoutoumei
    hinoutoumei Member Posts: 294
    edited November 2019

A) they give you back that currency so you shouldn't be "buying the rift" again anyway.

B) the tomes are free content that are independent of the rift. YOu do not need to do them.

C) see my above statement. Contrary to what is being said, you do not need to be a toxic camper to do any of these challenges. You can choose to act this way, but it's highly unnecessary. Any experienced player should be able to complete all of these tomes blindfolded.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,793

I'm not gonna grind countless hours to unlock things on the rift. That's what the tomes are for. If I enjoyed the tomes I would be more willing to buy future rifts because I would be more likely to complete challenges and actually finish the rift.

REGARDLESS, I make decisions to spend my money based on quality and how I think the devs are doing. I think these tome levels are a joke and find them unfun. Not just for me to complete them, but being forced to play with others who do nothing but farm and play ######### basement builds and NOED. And believe it or not I don't want to play against Trapper 10 times in a row.

And that's IF I complete the rift and if I decide not to get a cosmetic with the auric cells instead.

I understand the game just fine, bro. Go condescend to someone else.

• Bassador
    Bassador Member Posts: 92

All I can say is screw rng challenges (unhook 2 survivors at the end game collapse)..will probably do what everyone else says and do the killer challenges. Probably won’t purchase another rift pass unless significant changes constitute the player base to play normally and bring awards worthy of playing the game day in and day out. That new DBZ game looking good tho.. :D

• CrowFoxy
    CrowFoxy Member Posts: 1,310

Takes too long and ruins the game. TF2 contracts (similar to this, only one at a time) are less grindy. AND YOU EARN REAL MONEY FROM THEM FOR ANY GAME.

• nos4a2
    nos4a2 Member Posts: 64

It’s sad that to complete the tome u have to commit and do ALL challenges because the end game collapse unhooking 2 survivors is damn near impossible as solo survivor . The chances of them being on their death hook at end game is so high and there isn’t anything u can do about that . If u leave that one alone and do the rest of the challenges it doesn’t allow you to complete the tome if I’m correct so u r forced to just go the killer route and leave all the the survivor challenges alone .

• AbsolutelyAmel
    AbsolutelyAmel Member Posts: 146

And the developer tells us to 'Go play another game'

Well, Mr. Moneygrab, i might just take up on that offer till you fix yer damn game.

jfc.

• TheHourMan
    TheHourMan Member Posts: 1,052

This is not grindy. It's asking you to do things that you would wind up doing anyway except for the single trial challenges, and even those only take 1-3 attempts.

• johnmwarner
    johnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793

So let’s take the 25 unhooks, yes it takes a bunch of games but it’s not requiring you to do anything differently? Just literally play the game and you’ll get it. The few that require multiple things in one trial are mostly off on a side track, maybe one is required to actually “complete,” the rift

• ggallinftw
    ggallinftw Member Posts: 351

Ssshhhhhhh! One of them is gonna read that and say "Hey! How bout we make a No Mither challenge! It's brilliant!"