Ghost Face is Broken on a Fundamental Level

2»

Comments

• HeHeBoii
    HeHeBoii Member Posts: 507

Sounds like you are just poo poo against Ghostface. Tears won't make you a better player mate.

• HeHeBoii
    HeHeBoii Member Posts: 507

Uhh, excuse u!

I want my Adrenaline, Borrowed Time, Dead Hard and Decisive Strike. I refuse to use any other perk, so I cry instead and demand changes to killers ofc!

• TigerKirby215
    TigerKirby215 Member Posts: 604

Ghostface has a far longer cool-down on his stealth than any other Killer. He also gains no extra powers while stealthed beyond the ability to stalk: Wraith moves faster and gets a burst of speed when he decloaks, Pig gets an extended lunge that can be used for pallet mindgames, and Myers' stealth is essentially permanent as he has a smaller Terror Radius constantly. Myers can also effectively 99% a stalk with zero warning unlike Ghostface who has to 99% the specific Survivor he wants to instadown. Myers can also stalk midchase while Ghostface has to be stealthy.

The reason Ghostface has the "best" stealth ability in the game is because it has a very long cool-down and some of the easiest counterplay in the game when compared to other stealth abilities. I know "just look at him lol" is a meme from back in his PTB days but... just look at him lol.

The only complaint I have with Ghostface is that his reveal "hitbox" (like all hitboxes in this game) is very buggy. With some work on that he'd probably be one of the better balanced Killers in the game. Yeah his addons need work too but that's another discussion.

• megdonalds
    megdonalds Member Posts: 742

Ever heard of spine chill?? It's one of the most underrated perks and actually the best hard counter against stealth killers.

• JakeDaSnake
    JakeDaSnake Member Posts: 101

Im glad someone understands my frustration i literally made a post about ghostface being op for this same reason a few days ago saying the same ######### i dont want him nerfed but i still hate playing against him because its just free hits all day @Ratio

• beatddb
    beatddb Member Posts: 565
    edited November 2019

Is he OP? No.

Do they need to fix the reveal mechanic? Yes.

And ######### those people saying that stalking ia not worth it, do they even play GF at all? Obviously sometimes its better to go for a hit/grab rather than a stalk, but leaning from a cover while stalking takes so little time that you don't lose anything trying. Obviously it depends on the map and the kind of survivors you're going against.

But again, saying his ability is not worth it is wrong IMO, I've gotten a lot of marked stabs and sometimes its better to go for those considering grabs have been broken since ever.

• DevourOfSalt
    DevourOfSalt Member Posts: 254

Hahaha best post iv seen, crying about underwhelming killer using his power in better way then what was intended/ because intended way was awful.

Here a simple solution be more aware of your surroundings it that simple if your watching he cant sneak up on you.

Not to mention the moment u spot him u can break him out (even tho its not constant).

• I_Eat_Worms
    I_Eat_Worms Member Posts: 324

i bet they are gonna attempt to get the scream rights in a year or 2 from now and rework ghostface as he was in the movie, like they did with freddy. just get a weaker base stealth and add a random mechanic

• Unless your big brain and look around if you don't hear a heartbeat but if your in an inside map with alot of corners then I agree with you

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

But doesn't taking him out of his stealth reveal your location to him? Most of the time, Ghostface finds me because I found him. I find that incredibly frustrating that I reveal my location by looking around the map. Not to mention 50-60% of my games every time I play are Ghostface and I'm so bored I'm playing the game less and less.

• Rin_is_my_waifu
    Rin_is_my_waifu Member Posts: 963
    edited November 2019
  • NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

You actually do have the x-ray vision you just described. A 3rd person camera allows you to see around a corner you are next to, which is the exact scenario you named.

So the answer to your question is no joke a straight yes.

• SupaSlay3r20
    SupaSlay3r20 Member Posts: 139

You aren't forced to run anything, and iron will and spine chill are good perks against almost any killer.

• THEghostface
    THEghostface Member Posts: 296

That wouldn't make sense, because this Ghost Face is not of any relation to the Scream franchise whatsoever. The Ghost Face license is owned by the people who created him: Fun World.

• Primalux135
    Primalux135 Member Posts: 1,045

And that's why ghostface it's on bigger tier devs right now are doing new killers according players lvl just think about it which killer with more than 2 years old its on top tier that didn't had a rework? None becuz they all have a warning despite it doesnt down one hit.

People don't use ambush hit with pig unless it's a loop. Ambush hit should instadown. You have a audio signal.

The wraith should be invisible like spirit and ring bell when uncloaking both travel trough spirit real but wraith is visible

Now killers are being killers not M1 jokes

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,832

Honestly, the worst part about ghostface is his reveal mechanic. He could be behind a wall and get revealed, and then he could also be right in front of your character and not be revealed

• AnnoyedAtTheGame
    AnnoyedAtTheGame Member Posts: 539

I agree, he's broken. Just been in a match and because I can't tell he's coming dead. I mean cmon, if you put gennys that are in builders or near walls how we suppose to see a killer coming.

This character should come with some sort of warning because it's unfair we can't hear a damn thing

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

He did have a warning in the PTB for him, it was removed as it made him incredibly easy to beat, along side the 1 second reveal

Outside the PTB, you can hear a loud bag of chips while playing against him

• Polychrome_Baku
    Polychrome_Baku Member Posts: 404

You, like many others who whine about Ghostface, show a fundamental lack of understanding. The killers you mentioned CANNOT HAVE THEIR POWER REMOVED BY A SURVIVOR LOOKING AT THEM. Once Myers is tier 3 you can't do ######### about it besides loop or hide. Pig can't be "uncrouched" by survivors. She only stands back up if she ambush dashes or stands up on her own. The only thing that comes close is light burn for the wraith which requires a specific item. His drawback is literally survivors using their eyes, something you don't seem to like doing. Hell you can even pallet slam him and that removes his power as well. What more do you want? A neon sign that says "STEALTHY BOY RIGHT HERE" with an arrow pointing to him?

And I dont know how new you are, but GF used to have an audible static sound when he was near you. Guess what that did? It made sneaking as him useless. Not only did survivors have superior vision with their third person camera, not only did his robes make noise, not only did his crouching make noise, but he also sounded like a broken television set. That's a lotta sound queues my dude. And guess what? The devs only removed one of them. Use your ears instead of focusing intently on holding M1. Survivor gameplay isn't that engaging, pay attention to your surroundings.

Anyways. His only problem is that his reveal mechanic is broken and needs fixing for both sides. Everything else you mentioned is a textbook case of umad syndrome. Stop expecting to be able to beat every killer in the same way. Use. Your. Camera. Spot. The. Ghost. Learn. To. Loop.

• Polychrome_Baku
    Polychrome_Baku Member Posts: 404
    edited March 2020

Before, revealing ghostface didn't give him killer instinct on your location. So survivors were able to freely reveal him, at no cost to themselves, and get bloodpoints for it. I don't understand some survivor mains. They want to be able to remove a killer's power with exactly no risk to themselves, AND be ######### rewarded for it. Unbelievable.

And I'm sorry that the game bores you. Can't say that I don't feel the same. Dealing with the same four survivor perks are why I only watch the game on stream now, and have since the Plague's release.

• dizbruhlikesthering
    dizbruhlikesthering Member Posts: 113

There are people who think ghostface is overpowered? Wow, if anything, he needs a buff IMO.