wow another 4 dc's against freddy

Options

freddy is too strong. its not fun to play against. not one bit. nerf freddy.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options

I just had to DC becuase a killer blocked me in a corner and refused to move or down me, so I couldn't move or do anything. After a while I gave up and DC'd.

At that point though, who could blame everyone else from just DCIng as well?

Sometimes it depends on the situation.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,098
    Options

He has plenty of counterplay. Survivors just often choose not to use it. You have multiple ways to wake up. I see so many survivors just stay asleep for some reason though. I have an awful time getting teammates to wake me up. It's crazy. I don't get it. The snares become wildly inefficient at pallets once the pallet is dropped. And if you're trying to loop anything that isn't a jungle gym or god window against snare Freddy ....I don't know. Seriously. Just drop pallets. That's 75% of the counterplay to snare Freddy in chases. No different than Clown.

• kcbearz
    kcbearz Member Posts: 29
    Options

oh boy here we go more crying about Freddy i guess learning how to counter is so hard. here how about this STOP running to the hook as soon as a survivor is placed! you should at least get one or two gens done before unhooking! stop running over the blood snares knowing Freddy will place them on those sweet loop spots 😃. when Freddy puts a survivor on a hook and you are working on a gen always be prepared for his teleportation to a gen because it might be the gen you are working on. Freddy might do a fake gen port just to scare you off the gen but be cautious because it could be a double take (one fake one not). anyway we have enough OP's about Freddy why not use those instead of creating a new one 🙄.......

• [Deleted User]
    Options

I'm saying I don't judge unless I know all the details.

• VincentRedfield
    VincentRedfield Member Posts: 285
    Options

Too bad "learn to play against" doesn't apply when talking about survivors' perks or items.

• S_Panda
    S_Panda Member Posts: 539
    Options

Really? I thought it was changed to something like hitting while they're asleep or something rofl.

• BlindMole
    BlindMole Member Posts: 649
    Options

So it begins....

• SilentSpectre
    SilentSpectre Member Posts: 830
    Options

To play Devil's Advocate here, Freddy is the killer with the highest killrate, at both high and low ranks. There's obviously something going on there.

• THEghostface
    THEghostface Member Posts: 296
    Options

I made a Freddy DC once by using OoO. Guy tried really hard to mindgame, even with all of his snares.

• ZFennecFox
    ZFennecFox Member Posts: 510
    Options

I honestly just hate the Forever Freddy build. In my own opinion it's annoying that these games usually last almost a good hour of my two days off. The fact that it's the only build I see people run it's no real surprise it gets dodged.

• PistolTimb
    PistolTimb Member Posts: 1,413
    Options

The crybabies think that if they stomp their feet and scream loud enough, the devs will feel sorry for them and nerf what they don't like. Hopefully Bhvr has learned from its past mistakes :)

• xChrisx
    xChrisx Member Posts: 917
    Options

Lets buff all the weak killers instead so u will see more variety

• TheCrookedMan
    TheCrookedMan Member Posts: 282
    Options

You should actually report that person that's against the rules

• TheCrookedMan
    Options
  • ZFennecFox
    ZFennecFox Member Posts: 510
    Options

It's kinda hard to bring the perks and tools to gen rush when you have no idea of the killer before hand. And if you bring that stuff in to a game that's not against a Freddy you get called out for being toxic and trying to gen rush.

• ArrowTheGreat11
    ArrowTheGreat11 Member Posts: 306
    Options

You do realize that EVERY alarm clock is on the opposite side of the map? It literally makes no sense to stop doing a gen to run to the other end of the map just to stay awake for 60 seconds

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,098
    edited December 2019
    Options

Are there no gens near alarm clocks? Like you can only do the gen you're currently on? The only games I lose as Freddy are against teams that stay awake.

• coppersly
    coppersly Member Posts: 2,318
    Options

The precident was set when Nurse was knocked down. Then it was confirmed with Spirit. What comes next doesn't look good for DbD.

• NoFace
    NoFace Member Posts: 151
    edited December 2019
    Options

I honestly don't think the Devs are going to change/nerf anything about him in anyway. Mainly becasue of how long it took for them to make and complete his rework. They made sure he was strong but also could be countered.

They might change addons, but base Freddy, no. I highly doubt it, maybe a tiny few changes tho. Also the Devs are working on others things on their list that are more important, an example would be Doctor.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

I could see them adjusting numbers, mainly of his slow down add-ons (Swing Chains, Jump Rope, Outdoor Rope). Maybe reduce the number of traps he can set to 8 instead of 10.

I think removing the time extension of consecutive snap-claps and putting that effect on an add-on would help a lot too.

• NoFace
    NoFace Member Posts: 151
    Options

Ya, small stuff like that and certin addons (mainly the slow down ones) I can definitely see them getting changed. Nothing major, but more of a quality of life change for survivors to make it not a drag anymore.

• karlofflugosi
    karlofflugosi Member Posts: 63
    Options

Nerf the hooks. About half the time I put a survivor on one, they disconnect!

• AceChadscoti
    AceChadscoti Member Posts: 7
    Options

This is coming from someone who is experienced at both side but mostly plays survivor: Freddy doesn't need to be nerfed. Just learn to play against him. If you're that much against learning through actually playing the game, look up a video on how to play against him. Give it a chance before whining until he's garbage again

• TheCrookedMan
    Options

They honestly should be using that regardless of killer

• FruityMemes
    FruityMemes Member Posts: 55
    Options

How is he op? Maybe some add-ons are stupid like the slowing add-ons like the swing chains or whatever but he's not broken

• MegHasCuteFeet
    MegHasCuteFeet Member Posts: 369
    Options

M1 killer btw

• NullEXE
    NullEXE Member Posts: 1,632
    Options

And even then "Forever Freddy" is countered by simply staying awake when someone get's unhooked. If he is running Forever with sloppy, don't waste time healing, just repair the generators and leave.

• ArrowTheGreat11
    ArrowTheGreat11 Member Posts: 306
    Options

I mean I’d rather work on a gen that’s 70 percent completed than to start over on new one. Cause lord knows no one else works on generators when there’s a Ruin

• nerfeverything
    nerfeverything Member Posts: 52
    Options

Well, if Spirit needed a nerf because of overperforming and Freddy is performing better than her then it seems logical to fix him too. At least the forever Freddy needs something done. It's like infinite mending Legion and Prayer beads. I'm just saying, the Spirit nerf is a slippery slope that gives validity to nerfing any killer that's good. Bully for you Behaviour, your weak knees get weaker.

• yoi
    yoi Member Posts: 338
    Options

Freddy Is fine. Just get gud , he Is an m1 killer at chases if u really think he needs nerfs we have a basic problem.

Bye when nerfing real stuff when keys nerfs? When toolboxes nerf?

• ruler33
    ruler33 Member Posts: 244
    Options

I personally hate Freddy a lot he's boring and i feel personally he is like the easiest killer in the game when it comes to his power other than like gf who just activates it and goes. I also think the build for Freddy where you have like red paint brush and swing chains is ridiculous he literally does nothing and slows down the game it's pretty stupid. I also hate the Freddy's who just respect the pallet then snare both sides.

• UlvenDagoth
    UlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535
    Options

It really seems like that if there is a Killer that can do anything strong, most survivors do everything they can to call them "Boring" and DC and everything just to get them nerfed.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,031
    Options

Alarm clocks keep you awake for 90 seconds, which is typically long enough to knock out a gen near it before you fall asleep again.

• UlvenDagoth
    UlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535
    Options

I agree. The MOMENT most survivors can't just brainlessly run in a circle, they instantly start whining "OP" and "NERF PLZ!"

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,829
    Options

the only nerf freddy deserves is forever freddy, but thats it

and MAYBE a cooldown for spamming snares but thats not at all mandatory

• MeatBycicle
    MeatBycicle Member Posts: 756
    Options

I don't mind Freddy but as others have said, the "Forever Freddy" build makes me want to just first hook myself immediately. Literally zero fun.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited December 2019
    Options

Imagine being so entitled that you don't want to learn any counters (yes, even Forever Freddy has a counter). Is that all you want to do as Survivor? Just complete all the gens in five minutes, loop the Killer for days, and escape?

• MeatBycicle
    MeatBycicle Member Posts: 756
    Options

I don't think anyone is saying Forever Freddy is hard and needs a counter, everyone just thinks its very very boring to play against.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,347
    Options

Uhm yeah it does apply. Nobody here is even talking about that though.

• KuromiStarwind
    KuromiStarwind Member Posts: 325
    Options

wow another 4 dcs against wraith

wraith s too strong. its not fun to play against. not one bit. nerf wraith.

See what I did there? I made an ignorant, idiotic post like you did, but replaced one killer with another.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options

Let me give you some advice against Freddy, you need to wake up, drop pallets early if he is snare Freddy, if you woke up earlier then pallet Freddy shouldn’t be a major issue and if he starts snare spamming a dropped pallet then continue to get chased around it by vaulting it repeatedly, depending on the map this can be difficult though.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options

@ZFennecFox I’ve faced forever Freddy a lot and those matches are usually twenty minutes tops.