I love Moris, use em all the time.....

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 5,229
edited December 2019 in General Discussions

.....I've started using mori's to have non toxic survivor games.

At first they are sweaty serious but as soon as they see I am not using the mori I have they chill out, and at the end of the game they are almost always nice instead of nasty- because they realize I could have been Mori-ing the whole time but I never did. Regardless of the game outcome.

It's been nice, I wish I could use them more often lol.

Comments

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,780
    Options

I just don't use them to be honest waste of bloodpoints

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842
    Options

They are just not fun. They look cool, but they're not fun.

If they were somehow earned (like, I dunno, Hex: Devour Hope.....?) then sure.

And you may be trolling, but it's still true. Some killers couldn't 4k without them, let alone something like a 2k. Entity forbid that we don't kill off all 4 survivors! And I want Ebony Moris to cancel pipping entirely since it breaks how the game is played in its entirety.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

My point is though that they have an alternate use for me I like more.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,780
    Options

devour hope is actually fun to go against ebony mori's aren't

• [Deleted User]
    Options

They are when I use them! I think they've been making my and the survivors matches better, unless they trigger a D/C before they clue in but otherwise.

• Atrushan88
    Atrushan88 Member Posts: 2,084
    edited December 2019
    Options

I pretty much one hook myself every time I see a mori in play. Every killer who uses one crab walks between gens while facing me waiting for that unhook so they can mori me. I'd rather just get on to the next game where I can actually get some BP rather than have a game where the fun is sucked out of the game completely AND I might only get around 8k BP.

If I kobe, I immediately run up to the killer and let them have their mori.

• hocrux
    hocrux Member Posts: 212
    Options

So basically you're just burning moris for fun? Could have burn bloodpoints offering but no, rather waste moris? What you're implying makes no sense, if you're not morying anyone, won't survivors assume you have cypress mori and can only mori the last survivor?

• AngryFluffy
    AngryFluffy Member Posts: 443
    Options

As a survivor I'm always more than thankful if the killer does not use their mori at the first opportunity possible.

Getting tunneled from beginning and mori'd in the first 3 minutes always feels like beeing completely robbed of time and the game. But I also ran in a few killers who only used their mori after 2nd hook or sometimes at the end of the game. These killers have my whole respect. They show that they really have skill and that a game still can be enjoyable for everyone, even with a mori. They really eaned it and even the survivors can enjoy the showed animation.

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920
    Options

The amount of games with moris vs keys doesn't even compare in my experience, nor does their use in game.

• tylerlogsdon1
    tylerlogsdon1 Member Posts: 158
    edited December 2019
    Options

An interesting idea just popped into my head

For each use of a Mori, one generator chosen at random is completed. The entity giveth, the entity taketh away.

Mori would be rightfully nerfed, making it so you have to think about who you want to kill and if it's worth it.

Keys should only allow the opener to go through, and should be a 6 or 7 second animation of bending over and unlocking it, then swinging it open like a chest, then hopping through it, and it closing back up again(unless the next survivor is the final survivor.)

Edit: my key nerf makes sense, thinking like the survivors would think, any chance to save yourself would be worth it to leave others behind, unless it was bill or someone altruistic.

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125
    Options

@PistolTimb

Agree and new mori animations as store "items" for every killer for shards or cells would be cool too, that would add a cool feeling as killer honestly. But some issues would come then, what about ds at the second hook? You still have the slight chance to wiggle of before you get carried to the last hook etc. But overall if there are solutions for that its a nice addition to the game.

• BenZ0
    Options

@Atrushan88

Its still a ######### move to your teammates but I can understand you, its defenatly a reason to do that.

• Atrushan88
    edited December 2019
    Options

The killer's gonna mori me off hook anyways, may as well save myself some time. I doubt 3 or 4 seconds will do them any good and really I'm saving them time so they can do gens.

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773
    Options

You can't save someone on death hook, which is what he is saying.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    Options

Except by bodyblocking, or using a flashlight or pallet, or any of the other ways you might normally save the life of someone who has been hooked twice and just got downed.

• BenZ0
    edited December 2019
    Options

@Atrushan88

But you should not give up that fast honestly, I check out first how the killer plays, no offence but most of the killers that use ebonys or ivorys are not good. If the killer is bad enough where you could ran him around for a long time you can still kind of annoy him as much how he trys to annoy you with his mori. I ran around a huntress with ebony and iridiscent head for 4 gens and she dcd even with noed xD. I know its a scenario that would not happen THAT often but it is a chance and even a better feeling when you bring a killer to dc with mori. I would even say its the most statisfying feeling in the game as survivor even I am killer main.

• Atrushan88
    edited December 2019
    Options

If I could run the killer for 4 gens before being hooked, sure. I'll play it out if we manage to get to the end game. But if I'm hooked, then there's no point in playing any further. The killer is gonna be right there for when I'm unhooked to mori me off the hook. If the game isn't going to be fun, and I'm not gonna get many BP for playing it(being forced to gen rush), there's no point in playing the game out. Just had a game vs a GhostFace where I gen rushed. Got 8k at 1 gen left before I was hooked. Fun right? Naturally he was camping hooks anyways.

Oh and it's been like this for like 6+ games now with a mori in almost every game. One time it was a cypress the killer didn't get to use. Every other time it was an ebony.

• nerfeverything
    nerfeverything Member Posts: 52
    Options

Moris are point killers. I'm not willing to wait in a lobby just to use a mori for a quick game. It seems an enormous waste of time. I also think keys and moris are just too easy. There is no fun in them.

• Lightsaber09
    Lightsaber09 Member Posts: 46
    Options

But then everyone would need a key to get the achievement where everyone leaves through the hatch

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144
    Options

Well, if you're not actually using them then I suppose there's no harm in that.

• tylerlogsdon1
    edited December 2019
    Options

If you care that much about achievements, you'll coordinate it

Edit: typo

• [Deleted User]
    Options

It's like a get out of jail free card for post game lobby harassment though, it's great. They want to smack talk you and see you could have mori'd like all of them but didn't and usually end up just saying GG or something nice and leaving.

• ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784
    Options

The mindgames.

• Deadbyblake
    Deadbyblake Member Posts: 27
    Options

What the point of being a killer if you cant have the ability to kill I think they great and a perfect way to punish people, I use it with Mike, I try use the tomb stone Combo if I can which is actually pretty hard work considering the speed reductions, you feel so much better when you finally get that one sneaky person who has been hidden the whole game, it up to the person if they want blood points or if they just wanna dish out pain

• w_sohl
    w_sohl Member Posts: 124
    Options

I used the Mori to kill my obsession for the rift challenge. I had actually sacrificed two before I ever ran across my obsession. Had to slug the third, hooked my obsession, went back to give the slugged guy the hatch, obsession 4%ed, had to chase again. Caught and moried to complete challenge. Went to look for last survivor who crawled away, couldn't find so I closed hatch and he bled out shortly after. Messaged obsession apologizing afterwards and they said it was fine and got their "HR (heart rate) up". Messaged slugged and apologized again, letting him know I needed to kill obsession and that I was going to give hatch. He said he crawled to spite me. Said I understand as I do the same thing.

• Lightsaber09
    Lightsaber09 Member Posts: 46
    Options

I have no people to play with, I always solo que, and im sure other people do too. I dont need to coordinate anything with anyone, i just press 2 on everyone and get them to follow me to the hatch. The tough part is making sure everyone loves and doesn't leave right away

• tylerlogsdon1
    Options

If you want it bad enough you'll coordinate it. It's called achievement for a reason

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278
    Options

I conserve my moris for TTV's or P3 bloody groups, I don't have any issues with SWF or people who wanna play but TTVs and P3 groups are 99% toxic.