Console killers

Now i know that console killer isnt the most fun. All the issues console has that puts killers at a disadvantage over if they played pc only for a swf group to call them bad and that they suck. Some even being racist from what ive experienced if you happen to win or go a killer they dont like/dont know how to escape against.

At red rank survivor with some friends the only killers ive been seeing were purple rank. I dont know if its too much to do with where i live since i live in the UK and have connected to American killers so i feel like its really searching everywhere with how long the queue is on top of this.

Are there just no red rank killers anymore? Or just so few of them that we dont run into them?

Comments

• Rex_Huin
    Rex_Huin Member Posts: 1,208

As PS4 killer I always get matched with higher rank survivors these days.

So I think your theory is correct and there is a lack of high rank killers on console.

This would also explain their new ranking system which would keep people ranked higher than before after reset I believe?

• Viracocha72
    Viracocha72 Member Posts: 207

As a purple rank killer I usually get matched up with the same and red rank survivors and also as a purple ranks survivor I get matched up with green rank killers always. As survivor I've never been matched with a killer of a higher rank than me. I'm in eastern US.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

Playing as a Killer on PS4 is excruciating at times because once you hit green ranks you are going to start facing sweaty high purple/red rank survivors. Its not fun and it makes me even less willing to play Killer.

So, yeah, there is definitely a lack of high rank Killers on PS4 because the average Survivor rank is almost always 6+ ranks higher. I know you are suppose to be able to face survivors up to 6 ranks above or below your kilelr rank, but it seems the norm that they are on average 5-6 ranks over you. Not to mention when you get SWF where they break the matchmaking even more.

• Bassador
    Bassador Member Posts: 92

I’m usually a red rank killer on Xbox. Eastern US too, mostly get purple and red rank survivors. If they ever say anything toxic, I laugh to myself and move on with my day. Survivors on console are pretty toxic either if they live or die.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647

Killer is no fun to play on console because of the optimization... shiet... when I hit someone while in night shroud the game drops so many frames it's not enjoyable, I hope in the upcoming midchapter the console sensitivity update comes as well, it at times feels the killer is slower at different points of the match...

• OswinOsgood
    OswinOsgood Member Posts: 184

What doesnt make sense is the matchmaking is apparently going off of the highest rank survivor right which is usually a rank 3 in the groups ivw seen yet you can be a green rank 10 and go against that group of red survivors because theres 1 purple rank 8 which isnt far off your rank so its toooootally fair lmfao

• OswinOsgood

Ive noticed that too it also happens when i gain bloodlust sudden 1 frame a second amd makes me miss my hit yanno? But it also happens in survivor if i use an exhaustion perk suddenly it lags and i cant tell where im going anymore.

Not to mention scratchmarks in grass are completely invisible

• OswinOsgood

I play ps4 killer and survivor at rank 10/11 i get red and purple swf groups constantly who always message try and harass me after.

Ive started only messaging positive stuff like a gg you played so well! Because theres just so much bad stuff daily when i play now

• Rex_Huin
    Rex_Huin Member Posts: 1,208

There was definitely a time where you could add up all the survivors ranks, divide by 4 and you would most of the time end up with your own rank.

You are right its different now. I guess its just a reflection on the rankings in the playerbase at the moment. Although to be fair I have been purple rank in the past so its not exactly unfair that I get matched with purples......

• OswinOsgood

Yeah i normally get to purple i dont normally play too much every day and i play both sides so purple is usually where i get and i have friends that get to red ranks.

So i get booted to green go against purple and it doesnt feel too different because thats where im normally at. But for someone newer its not that hard to reach green rank tbh. Even when i first started the game id always get to green ranks and stop there because i didnt want to go too far ahead and go against people with tons of perks advantages on me with basically none lol.

Survivor queue gets longer almost every time i play it feels like. That plus the fact a killer is always purple at lowest i def think im right about there not being many red rank killers on console i only ever go as far as purple myself after all

• NoOneEscapesNancy
    NoOneEscapesNancy Member Posts: 204

Tf you talking about killer is fun as f*ck for me on ps4

I always get 3-4K, always outsmarting the survivors, and most of the time too I let the last guy escape

• Accullla
    Accullla Member Posts: 984

I have the same issues as you. However, I get frame drops during other events as well. Bloodlust is definitely the worst, but my games also stutters when Spirit fury procs, when PWYF stacks are gained or consumed, when people fall into the dream world as freddy (it's the worst when this is caused by a hit - the game actually stops for a second) - to name a few

• LordRegal
    LordRegal Member Posts: 1,549

PC Eastern US is the same way. Purple survivor - face almost all green killers. I’m a green killer, get more purple/red than any other color.

• Nobsyde
    Nobsyde Member Posts: 1,288

Currently I'm rank 3 killer on PS4, so I can vouche that there's at least one red rank killer somewhere in europe :P.

This being said, playing killer recently has become not that fun. I always - always - face very organised swf teams, and the only way to 3-4K is for me to abuse their cockiness / over altruism behaviour.

One can't play as a gentleman, if I hook someone I have to proxy camp, since they're always on comm and as soon as I leave for a generator the ones on the gen will run away on the opposite side of the map and the survivor on hook will be saved.

On the contrary, the 1% of the games where I face non swf players, I stomp them so fast that I end up farming with the last 2 survivors because I feel bad :(

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

Console Killer is definitely plagued with issues. It's very poorly optimized. FPS drops can be pretty common (especially when attacking a Survivor), which leads to Survivors getting away with things that they really shouldn't be. I'm hoping that one day, we'll start getting patches that actually fix the issues instead of making them worse.

Normally I reach red ranks as Killer by the end of the season. I think it's just that matchmaking has gone to #########. I haven't played that much this season, so I'm only at rank 9. Most of my Killer matches have been against multiple purple rank Survivors. Last night, I got matched against two red ranks and two purple ranks. It doesn't really bother me because I'm able to reach red ranks, but imagine being an actual rank 9 Killer getting matched with players like this. They'd hate it.

• OswinOsgood

I mean i didnt say it wasnt fun at all whatsoever just that its always green rank killer vs red and purple swf for some odd reason and as survivor at red and purple i never see red rank killers which would be the skill level to play against.

The things that make it unfun at times for me is things like the frame issues the fact that i gain bloodlust and im in hit range but cant hit because the second i got bloodlust i also dropped to 1 frame a second. It happens on survivor too when i use an exhaustion i might run into a wall because i suddenly lag/have 1 frame a sec and oh look theres a wall there now lol

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,871

If other players are like me then they purposely go out of their way to not rank up. Especially with these challenges being introduced. I've been red ranks many times in the past. But there is no reward or purpose in getting there. So I just hang out in the green ranks and chill these days.

• OswinOsgood

I was in a kyf and we all lagged because i jumped in and out a locker and they had that perk iron maiden? The exposed for 15 seconds when you jump out it was crazy

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

It's not the issue with skill or people. console optimization is piss pour and getting force DC'd due to "network connection error" doesn't help either.

• OswinOsgood

I know right you can always tell swf because the 1 second your back is to the hook they unhook all them are there lol

Trying to get the tome challenge for i think the first tome use agitation and hook in the basement twice (i didnt have agitation unlocked at that moment i never really played trapper) so i HAD to play a killer i dont play to get it and all 3 bodyblocked the basement the second i picked someone up... there was no way i was achieving it that game first game on too so ofc i wasnt playing my best yet either haha was such a bad first game on haha

• OswinOsgood

Makes me wonder if theyll release on next gen consoles and if that will be just as bad if they do xD

• NoOneEscapesNancy

Probably because they just can’t make into red ranks (like myself since I’m not in red ranks) but that isn’t really a problem if the killer knows what he’s doing

• OswinOsgood

Yeah i tend not to go further than purple because after that its swf try hards i havent got a ton of choice and flexibility with perks if i WANT to win i have to do my best yanno? I want to be able to run a fun build do challenges change killers without having to go through stress.

I pick up and drop the game i do so with a lot of games and sometimes i even go weeks without playing any game at which point i have to relearn some things i still have some stuff to learn id say anyway i wouldnt say im the best player i def try to stay around mid/purples as is nevermind what rank newer players and experienced players would want to stay at lol.

• Carlosylu
    Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948

I'm here, red ranks XBOX, both survivor and killer. I play 40% survivor 60% killer. Freddy, Trapper and GF mains

• OswinOsgood

Even with a killer that knows what theyre doing a good swf team can turn the game into a sweat match. If people have to play their best to get to red ranks then i can see a lot of killers just not doing it because they dont want to have to sweat every game to stay at that current rank. I personally dont care too much about rank but at the same time i dont want to rank up and ONLY go against swf teams theres no variation its lower ranks with a mix of solos and swf or rank up and vs only swf.

As for challenges id rather not try to do a specific thing with said killer 4 times in 1 game on a killer i dont play im terrible with only to go against swf who will make it next to impossible for me to get my challenge done. Thats just how i see killer.

Now you can have fun win or lose for sure. But red rank is mostly sweat or lose and be messaged with harassment calling you a bad killer you suck etc

Just not interested in all that and i can see it being true for a lot of people i even know a consistant red rank on both sides and he hates being red rank because people always want to sweat it out

• Jplanas98
    Jplanas98 Member Posts: 532

I took a break from the game for a while and when I came back I was rank 15 killer and survivor. As rank 15 survivor I got teammates at my level, as rank 15 killer I was getting rank 10 survivors. Currently rank 11 on both (haven't been playing much) as survivor I get rank 15 teammates and rank 16 killers. As killer I get rank 6 sweaty SWF. Optimization for killers on console is dog ######### and this matchmaking system is making an already unenjoyable experience even worse.

• OswinOsgood

Thats my exact issue its not hard to get to green ranks tbh like a noob could probably do it with a few things learnt. I personally not long ago went against a swf team that was 3 red ranks 3, 3, and 2 and a purple rank 7 or so a newer player wouldnt handle that very well and at the end the survivors almost always message with "haha ggs you suck" how are they going to keep their players playing if they level up and dont go against their own level and get called [bad word] for it

• OswinOsgood

Im ps4 so i wouldnt run into you anyway :P heh but good to know so far thats 2 admitted to being red rank killers lol

• OswinOsgood

Put an underscore on the end of my name and thats my psn add away my dude :)

• NoOneEscapesNancy

Alright I don’t know when I’ll be playing but my username is DanMcDoodles16 (don’t judge bro it wasn’t my choice)

• OswinOsgood

Well ps4 lets you change name now 1st time is free then you have to pay after that so if you dont like it you can always change it if you come up witg a better one now :)

Ive seen a few dbd specific names since that happened lol

• Accullla
    Accullla Member Posts: 984

I wish it gets better for us console players some day. It's not unplayable and I still consistently have a good experience with the game. However, I do get a bit jealous of pc players knowing how smooth the game runs for them

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,047

I went back to playing PS4 with the introduction of dedicated servers. I normally deal with purple and red rank killers at the top end of green ranks.

• I_Face_Camp
    I_Face_Camp Member Posts: 244

I play Ps4 and am either rank 2 or 3. The ranking system is quite terrible tho.

• OswinOsgood

I do enjoy and have fun too sometimes u can get really fun games but certainly more likely to stress on the killer end of things. XD