Balanced Landing Got A Nerf. Guess What It Needs Now...

Comments

• silverwolf4455
    silverwolf4455 Member Posts: 496

Unfortunately to many maps are not balanced around balanced landing (lol) being used infinitely. Instead of reworking all of the spots and worrying about future spots they nerfed it. R.i.p balanced, you will have to run another perk.

• HamdaN
    HamdaN Member Posts: 343

id say lithe is the worst right now due to the window hits :(

• UlvenDagoth
    UlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535

Oh yeah, cause all the survivors are fit, exNavy Seals.

• dont_ask_me_again
    dont_ask_me_again Member Posts: 490

If the devs ever add climbing in the game the perk would be pretty damn solid after that.

• TheHourMan
    TheHourMan Member Posts: 1,052

I don't want this. Balanced is fine now, it was not fine before. The maps in the game should not be created around one perk, otherwise that perk will become mandatory.

• Viracocha72
    Viracocha72 Member Posts: 207

That's strange, I was using it all night and didn't notice anything different.

• EridianBlaze
    EridianBlaze Member Posts: 33

You literally said in the OP that BL needs a buff. Also, if you want to use the "it doesn't balance your landing so blah blah blah", then NOED should just instantly kill all Survivors. Otherwise it doesn't do as the name says "No One Escapes Death". I've seen plenty of Survivors, myself included, escape death while NOED was active. And as a player who has used Balanced Landing since the day I started playing Survivor, I am sad to see a nerf, but it's a sensible nerf. BL is one of the only 2 Exhaustion Perks that have a secondary effect. Sprint Burst, Lithe, Dead Hard, and Head On all have 1 effect. The only other Exhaustion perk with 2 effects is Adrenaline. But that is fine as a perk how it is since the effect only ever activates once during any given trial.

• StarMoral
    StarMoral Member Posts: 938

So why doesn't Lithe turn every survivor into skinny legends?

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,120

Soooo much survivor entitlement is shown by people bashing the BL nerf. You shouldn't get the benefit of the exhaustion perk while exhausted. Should Dead Hard allow you to do a mini-Dead Hard while you're exhausted? And Balanced Landing the worst exhaustion perk in the game? That really doesn't mean much when all of the exhaustion perks are top tier anyway.

• crossboy
    crossboy Member Posts: 55

"The thing is that the nerf heavily outweighs the buff."

That's... The point of a Nerf??? If everything got equally buffed and nerfed, then nothing would ever be different balance wise, itd just be different to play

That literally makes so sense

• immortalls96
    immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652

So literally make it an issue again...are people really this blind..?

• arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936
    edited December 2019

I would be fine with the nerf if they actually looked into maps where you can't use the perk at all or maps with like 1 hill. I didn't use BL that often because it was already situational but I won't use it ever again unless they look into those maps. There is no reason to use it over other exhaustion perks now.

• FearedbytheGods
    FearedbytheGods Member Posts: 476

Seems more like nerfs to try and keep the killers happy because they getting alot of nerfs recently. Historically its usually survivors that get nerfed and this community hasn't taken the change in focus well.

At this stage I don't think the devs really know how to return enjoyability to survivor without making killers unhappy.

So they do something like this which is more akin to 'virtual signaling' then anything particularly incisive.

• Undeadbear13
    Undeadbear13 Member Posts: 33

Sprint burst is useless while exhausted. Why is BL beince useless while exhausted a issue?

• StarMoral
    StarMoral Member Posts: 938

I have never seen so much drama over a change that brings a perk down to all the others within its category.

• concious_consumer
    concious_consumer Member Posts: 282

You forgot about cases where you jump down and BL still doesn't proc...I would think this would be fixed at least before the nerf but I would be naive

• FearedbytheGods

You're not really understanding the history of exhaustion.

It wasn't even a mechanic at one point, you could run BL and SB together for effect. What this is, is a nerf, not 'bringing it inline' with other exhaustion perks.

It's a nerf in the overall scheme of nerfs to survivor. Call it 'exhaustion' or w/e else you want. It's still the direction the devs took and it's a nerf that dumbsdown the survivor experience and makes killer even easier.

• concious_consumer

And yet they keep creating more exhaustion addons and perks to make it even easier and boring

• FearedbytheGods

100% behind this.

Those window hits are cheap and makes you want to leave a game especially if you get a subsequent 'cheese' it.

• Vetrathene
    Vetrathene Member Posts: 1,425

Lets see perks that are worse for survivors then the new BL...Detective's Hunch. Flip Flop. Buckle Up. Windows of Opportunity. Poised. Diversion. Streetwise. Up the Ante. Open-Handed. Left Behind. No-Mither. Wake-Up. Stake-Out. Babysitter.

• FearedbytheGods

What are you even talking about.

The fact that people are still talking about using SB because these 'easier and boring' newer alternatives you mention just don't exist.

I know people on the internets like having opinions, even if they don't offer anything, so I'll put it down to that.

• darkknight287
    darkknight287 Member Posts: 42

I agree with his perk changes but I'd say NERF how much it affects the landing so it slows you down a small bit but at the same time, haddonfield wouldnt be as bad, game wouldnt be, lerys wouldnt be, etc. This change would be fair on most maps but there are still a few small loops that can be ran a long time.

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773

It def isn't the worst perk in the entire survivor game, you could argue it's the worst exhaustion perk, but I feel it's finally in a good place. I still see survivors run it and still do well, nothing really changed with it except the infinites you use too be able too abuse it with.

• FearedbytheGods

Well its day one, so people are still finding out about about the changes so 'i still see survivors run it' isn't a great indicator. I know that personally I've gone back to lithe after trying BL a few times.

Also psedo-infinites aren't infinites. If you played at release you'd know what a real infinite is.

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773

a psedo-infinite is still an infinite, even if it's not guaranteed. It's why the word infinite is in it. And i've seen launch gameplay, I've seen the hell of double pallet jungle gyms and every map has 3 infinites. However that doesn't mean any infinite can/should stay in the game.

• concious_consumer

I meant killer addons and perks while exhaustion was nerfed 100 years ago and it's unlikely that any survivor will use an exhaustion perk more than once in a chase

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

The perk is straight up useless when exhausted, no longer providing a passive.

Just like every exhaustion perk? I don't see where the problem is.

• FearedbytheGods

No I'm not going to give you that.

Because for it to become what you think it is requires a whole bunch of preconditions that have to be met and in place before you could even CLAIM it was an infinite. Even then a skilled killer could close it, meaning it wasn't an infinite to begin with.

It's like swf. If you listened to this forum you'd think that every second game was swf pro players making a killers life hell. The reality is that most swf is just mates wanting to have fun and usually results in a 4k. These 'pro' swf groups in my experience is something ridiculously small like maybe 1/30 games. Much like your 'infinite', but even then, its more accurate to call it a pseudo-infinite.

Real infinites have been gone a long time now.

• FearedbytheGods

I agree with you how exhaustion creates a 'one trick wonder' phenomena.

• GenericUsername
    GenericUsername Member Posts: 5

I think the problem with the Nerf is it is the weakest exhaustion perk now. It's the most likely exhaustion perk to be unusable in a chase. Not every map has a place to even activate it. The restricted situations where a power might be useful enable you to give it more strength. It's why bond can see survivors 32 meters and empathy can see injured survivors at 128 meters. Bond is good all the time. Empathy is really good some of the time. If there are 20 windows and 20 pallets in a map to vault, and one hill to drop off, it's fair to say that balanced landing should provide a bigger pay off given its restricted use cases.

Before it was worth the slot because if you could use it, it was really good with the the active and the passive, but now it's barely better than lithe even when you can vault out a high window, and the other perks are better in nearly every situation. Less dropping down from the 0-5 high spots on the map.

• yermom
    yermom Member Posts: 155

The changes make it a trade off, survivors vault quickly but stagger when the land, and killers vault slowly, but don't stagger when they land. The perk provides it's bonus by allowing you to not stagger just like the killer and get a speed boost to boot. All the changes have done is prevented it from being abused.

• yermom
    yermom Member Posts: 155

I don't know how you came to this conclusion when the BL changes should be seen as a fix as it was being abused. I mean, you simply couldn't catch survivors in some instances.

Out of all the patches, I felt this one was the most fairly minded where pretty much all of the changes were moving forward in some way. The changes to BL were good for the game, but maybe not for the survivors that relied on it to keep them safe.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

Balanced Landing doesn't need a buff. It's a survivor perk that's supposed to give you some distance. The perk does exactly that. The passive ability has always been always an issue.

Other exhaustion perks don't even have passive abilities. In fact, some exhaustion nerfs come with a built-in "nerf" if that makes sense.

Dead Hard: Can only be used while injured which can make it useless against instadown killers at times. Passive ability? Keep dreaming.

Sprint Burst: Forces you to waste time by walking everywhere unless you 99 it. Passive ability? Keep dreaming.

Head On: Requires 3 seconds of activation time. Passive ability? Keep dreaming.

So why exactly should Balanced Landing give you multiple benefits when all the other exhaustion perks have requirements and only give you 1 single benefit?

• Freudentrauma
    Freudentrauma Member Posts: 1,053

Because it isn't completely.

SB requires you to sprint to trigger. You can always do that. It comes with the downside, of less mobility, but if used well, more of the map becomes safe for you, for reaching loops etc.

Dead Hard requires you to be injured. But besides that it's the most controlled exhaustion perk. A state you can easily get in evry trial. It's weakness are instadowns and exhaustion AddOns. But the last thing counts for other perks as well.

Lithe requires a vault. Every map has pallets and vaults to trigger. So the perk is semi-situational. But it's a given that you get what you need in every trial. Problem is though to make use out of it, it kinda forces you to leave looping spots behind earlier. That's probably why the perk is less popular. It might be usefull, but compared to DH and SB, the other two are better.

Now we come to BL. That perk used to be quite unpopular as well, back before they removed the invisible 40s cooldown of the stagger effect. Mostly because you can't trigger it on every map and even then only on specific spots. It's unreliable and was actually only popular because it's passive stagger made it possible to combine it with other more reliable exhaustion perks. And sadly was broken on strong high ground loops.

So something needed to be changed. But even when they brought in in line with the conditions of others exhaustion perks it's worther. They either have to come up with a new element in the game, which spawns on every map and makes it possible to trigger BL everywhere, rework old maps or otherwise it's just worse than the others. And the only reason to pick it is for fun outside of the Meta. (And one Meta perk means less perk diversity not more)

And yes it got the silent drop now. That's an interesting idea in theory, but that doesn't work well with a sprint related exhaustion perk which causes stretch marks. Besides that it require you to be out of sight of the killer. For me it feels like the perk now has an identity crisis. It's not on a good spot. It fixes the abuse of strong high ground loops and make some of them even unsafe. That's good. But it's just a question of time, when the perk will need another change.

• Timmylaw
    Timmylaw Member Posts: 227

Are you familiar with insta heals that don't instantly heal?

• FearedbytheGods

It's more the trajectory this game has gone the last few years.

Infinites gone, jungle gym's gone, bloodlust added, end game timer added, hatch close added. All this has made being killer easier and survivor harder.

You look at the SB vs. NOED debates that happend at release all those years ago. SB now is mediocre at best where as NOED is still a high tier perk.

It's only been recently that killers have started getting push back from devs because the state of the game is disconnecting survivors who know a game is going to end in a 4k so why bother for 3k BP.

And what do we see? Thread after thread recently of nurse players whining, legion players whining, spirit players whining. People talk about salty survivors alot in this forum but ignore the elephant in the room.

• aregularplayer
    aregularplayer Member Posts: 906

Bruh! 15% already in game by combining resilience and spine chill

• aregularplayer
    aregularplayer Member Posts: 906

OP, correct if I'm wrong: your suggestion is BL only reducing the stagger, no more speed bonus when not exhausted, is it right?

• grant1122
    grant1122 Member Posts: 5

So you are basing the perk off of it's name? I'm confused here..

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832
    edited December 2019

last i checked jungle gyms are still in the game lol

making killer fairer is necessary, this game would be long dead if infinites are still in

stop being so selfish just because you want to be a completely untouchable god who can no skill perma-run the killer around a single loop

survivor back in the day was so stupidly braindead easy it was basically impossible to die, and here you are wanting to return to that

it's clear what your goals are here

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632

I'm pretty sure they are considering I've never seen them stop running while in a chase.

• DetailedDetriment

The thing is that they nerfed a viable perk because of absolutely terrible map design. Lithe has the same issue on maps such as Lery's

• RakimSockem
    RakimSockem Member Posts: 1,986

As a Lithe main who has only used Balanced Landing on Nea to get her adept achievement (or is it Meg?), I don't really care about it getting nerfed. Come join the Lithe crew

• DetailedDetriment

I'm saying to remove the exhaustion effect altogether

• DetailedDetriment

There's one thing that a lot of people don't understand about this forum. It's not to buff the perk back to being OP; it's to REWORK it to no longer give the Sprint Burst, but you still receive the passive effects of the stagger and grunt removal.

So stop bringing in other exhaustion perks when the whole idea of the forum and rework is to remove the exhausted aspect of the perk.

• pichumudkip
    pichumudkip Member Posts: 155

Talking about reality while talking about DBD is, in my opinion, one of the worst things to use in an argument since there's almost nothing in this game that may be realistic. However I do see where you're going with.

Honestly I'm in the middle about this BL nerf/buff/anything about BL. I'm not completely sure what the Nerf is other then no more no stagger, but is that only when you're exhausted or is there just no more stagger reduction in the perk itself. If it's just when you're exhausted, leave BL as it is, it's still not half bad of a perk. If it's no longer part of BL, then maybe make so the stagger reduction only activates when not exhausted.

• UlvenDagoth
    UlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535

Good for you. Glad you are still fit.it's important to stay healthy.

• DetailedDetriment

I love how this became a discussion on physical fitness. Lmao

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    edited December 2019

based on what you just said than lithe, sprint burst, and dead hard need a buff because they also give nothing when the perk is not in effect.