Flashlights

So thanks to the tomes I'm slightly better with flashlights now.

But...other then the challenges, I'm at a loss for what they are good for.

Maybe to get the killers attention?

Someone mind....shedding a light on it for me?

Comments

• silverwolf4455
    silverwolf4455 Member Posts: 496

Occasionally you might get lucky and be in the right place to get a flashlight save. Other than that, you can blind the killer as they break pallets or vault windows and it can also destroy hags phantasm traps.

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773

Flashlight saves. Good survivors will pretty much camp you when you chase someone, so it's best too bait the rat out of hiding then hit it in the head. Works for me usually.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,089

Those are not "good Survivors". Good Survivors will do the Objective and not chase the Killer in an attempt to get a Flashlight Save which is counterable so easily.

• TheRoyalOwl
    TheRoyalOwl Member Posts: 749

At about 1:22 he uses his flashlight to cause the killer to swing, nice trick to know.

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773

Pretty much every game has someone with a flashlight who does try for flashlight saves. And a flashlight save could completely cripple a killer if it's done right. so saying "good survivors don't flashlight save." is wrong.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,089

Thats neither what I nor you wrote. You wrote: "Good survivors will pretty much camp you when you chase someone"

I wrote: "Good Survivors will do the Objective and not chase the Killer in an attempt to get a Flashlight Save"

There is a difference between going for Flashlight Saves when there is an Opportunity and running behind the Killer, being unproductive for something that will most likely not work (because Killers have ears too and looking at Walls is way too easy to avoid getting blinded).

• Apple2o
    Apple2o Member Posts: 624

They are good all around. It's the only item besides an instant medkit that's going to buy you more time in a chase. Always run iron will if you want to use one though; or it's useless if you are injured.

There's flashlight saves, which can be done opportunistically but these should not be the primary reason to run the flashlight in solo Q.

Mostly you will be using it to blind at pallets and window vaults. Not many survivors blind at window vaults, and it will catch a lot of killers off guard. Make sure you are always moving backwards as you blind, because standing still is a death sentence. Usually it won't make them lose you entirely, but the blind is typically enough to be able to get to the next pallet much more safely.

It also really annoys some killers, so make sure to run anti-tunnel perks like adrenaline / DS / dead hard / etc because you WILL get camped eventually if you are good with a flashlight.

• Peachbun
    Peachbun Member Posts: 3

I recently just started using flashlights as well, before I really sucked it. I only use them to blind the killer when they are breaking a pallet. Its best to flash it right when they begin their animation (at least thats what I do so I can guarantee the blind). Sadly, I'm not very confident on doing flashlight saves ; o ; 🍑