The Basement bug / exploit

Right since the 3.4.0 update yesterday every game I've noticed all the killers are hooking survivors in the basement .

I've noticed that the bug is still present today and has not been patched is there any update to this situation as everyone is exploiting this bug rendering the survivors useless Unable to do anything once your bugged out .

Will there be bans for killers Intentionally abusing this bug ?

Im just posting this to see if there's such update and feedback from the community no backlash :)

Comments

• underlord99
    underlord99 Member Posts: 1,030

I feel like it will be pretty hard to figure out who is intentionally doing it and who isnt .

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

The developers are aware of the bug, and furthermore Peanits has confirmed that they are currently testing a solution and plan to implement it in a hotfix as soon as possible.

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620

Even if it's frustrating, it's hard to tell who is using it as an exploit and who isn't.

• MisterCremaster
    MisterCremaster Member Posts: 614

Survivor is nearly unplayable as long as this is a thing. I've been carried to the basement with carry perks nearly every game

• BigBubs
    BigBubs Member Posts: 1,131

I hook in basement cuz it's harder to save from there and those who rush saves can't get those instant saves there without getting punished.

I didn't even know there was a bug until like this morning.

• Keene_Kills
    Keene_Kills Member Posts: 649

I just hope they have it sorted out and hot fix patched by tomorrow... or they're going to have to hold off on the D/C penalty system.

• S_Panda
    S_Panda Member Posts: 539

Issue on killer side is there's 2-3 challenges that require basement hooking as far as I remember at the moment...

• Keene_Kills
    Keene_Kills Member Posts: 649

Indeed. No way to tell if they're doing a challenge or just running a basement build, fully oblivious, or maliciously abusing it. You know some are -- most certainly -- just can't tell who.

• StrodeWins
    StrodeWins Member Posts: 274

they’ll fix it soon enough. just bring breakout and stay as far away from basement as humanely possible.

• The_Second_Coming
    The_Second_Coming Member Posts: 1,110

That's BS. They were banning people who abused wake up and the Legion infinite mend bug. They can figure this out just the same.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

How on earth would you do that?

There is litterly not a single indication that this happens on the killer side outside that the survivor acts a little funny

If you don't go to the forums and don't look at the postgame chat you are completly oblivious to this bug

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

They never banned people who abused the Wake Up bug.

• mouse0270
    mouse0270 Member Posts: 849

As @SnakeSound222 stated, they never banned for the Wake Up Bug. They did however state they would and probably banned for the Legion Bug. But that bug had a notice in the news when launching the game.

Neither the Wake Up nor the Basement Bug has no such notice, so it's safe to assume they wont ban people for this bug.

• The_Second_Coming
    The_Second_Coming Member Posts: 1,110

My mistake there - either way, there are people doing it on purpose. People running odd killers like Huntress, or Legion and going out of their way to hook people in the basement. Like, who runs iron grasp and agi on Huntress and Legion? Don't tell me they don't know exactly what they are doing.

• TheEvilKit
    TheEvilKit Member Posts: 39

No offense, but I actually legit run IG and agi on Huntress when I play her because I am bad at huntress and find getting someone in the basement helps me keep a snowball going. In fact, my literal first game of the patch before I knew about the bug was Huntress game with those two perks. Hooked one person in basement, got confused why they never left it after getting unhooked for 3-4 more whole hooks till I finally got them last, got told in postgame chat (politely) about the bug. Felt bad, try to avoid hooking folks in the basement unless they dead hooked.

I can also see the flip side where it is REQUIRED by the devs to hook folks in basement in the tome, and therefore is on them to fix it asap rather than punish people for the devs own mistake. Are some people gonna take advantage of it for easy kills? Absolutely. Is it gonna get them much bp? Probably not if you get everyone in the basement too easily, it's effectively a kill now if you first hook someone down there.

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,951

I've been running boil over, and some of my teammates have been running that new perk from Yui. It's been helping to avoid the basement. Hopefully they fix this ASAP

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

They did not ban people for using the Wake Up exploit or the Sprint Burst exploit.

Likewise, the Legion Infinite Mend was publicly announced before ANY bans happened. They announced it was a bug and anyone using those two specific add-ons would be banned.

• SenseThePainx
    SenseThePainx Member Posts: 9

Thank you all for the feedback to this post I appreciate all the posts :) and thank you specially for not having any backlashes against each other whilst this issue is being investigated and fixed as soon as they can :)