Dead by daylight is UNPLAYABLE ATM

we got the basement that banishes you to the shadow realm

I was playing spirit and after using pop goes the weasel I was STUCK INSIDE OF THE GEN

my sound was perma bugged as spirit to be the sound of a survivor that is slugged

The servers are somehow even worse with seeing killers literaly teleporting, walking into a wall to then just magically hitting you from timbuk 2

and this was just from a single hour of playing before I just alt + f4.

there is a bit to much game in this bug BHVR

Comments

• SteelDragon
    SteelDragon Member Posts: 745

they probably took a page from bethesdas book and skip the QA testing to save money

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327

Sad but true. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad to see more content is being made for the game, but that same content won't keep the game alive if they keep avoiding the glaring issues already in the game. I'm sure people would be fine with small delays if it meant we get a game that isn't broken most days

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201

Tack on killers just doing their basement build challenges at this convenient time, killing any desire to fire the game up before a patch to fix this mess.

• SenseThePainx
    SenseThePainx Member Posts: 9

They spend more time on making cosmetics daily Instead of QA Testing / bug fixing

• TheMikeOTR
    TheMikeOTR Member Posts: 63

After playing TF2 for years and seeing how Valve broke the game, this kind of stuff doesn't even bother me lol. BUT FOR SOME REASON THE GRASS BEING GREENER ON HADDONFIELD BROTHERS ME.

• dfrenchiee
    dfrenchiee Member Posts: 334

Med-kit charge add ons are bugged too

I think i'm gonna go play a different game for a while..

• CrowFoxy
    CrowFoxy Member Posts: 1,310

Not to mention since patch weird stuff has been going on. I had survs do 4 gens against me and the top guy had 11k from how utterly fast they cracked em out despite it being my 4th down in 4 or so minutes lmao

Had to slug.

• arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936

I'm not playing until they fix this mess. I needed a break from dbd and it's the perfect time to do it.

• ruler33
    ruler33 Member Posts: 244

i haven't experienced any of the problems you had but i can't experience the basement bugs because ive only played oni for the last couple days and other than that me experience has been fine. when it comes to legion though behavior is probably in the dark on what to do with him but i would much rather them revert the nerf before they do anything other than fix bugs

• Haku
    Haku Member Posts: 614

It is really strange they did not mention even half of the bugs mentioned here in their known issues .... I mean I read some killers have bugs, some really gamebreaking bugs like Wraith for example and there is nothing about that ?

• Rex_Huin
    Rex_Huin Member Posts: 1,208

Its awful but I cant stop playing..... I MUST GRIND THE RIFT....only 34 days to go....

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647

It's far from unplayable.

• CrowFoxy
    CrowFoxy Member Posts: 1,310

Lmao, no. The bugs are almost every game. It's unacceptable.

• goat10em
    goat10em Member Posts: 749

"QA testing anymore?" I've been playing this game for a little while now and with every single update there are new bugs. Literally every single update. Like it literally makes no sense how they put out a patch for one thing and immediately something completely unrelated pops up. Really there is only one logical answer to this. BHVR either has never had a QA department or they do this on purpose just for shits and giggles. I'm leaning towards the second one because I for one actually get excited when I log on and see there is an update. I can't wait to see what kind of nonsensical bugs they have added lol.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647

Bugs ofcourse... some of them are annoying yes... but the game has been in much worse condition than this.... and agreed, I expect more from bhvr as well but the game is far from unplayable.

• USELESS
    USELESS Member Posts: 1,151

I got a hacker and lag switcher nurse in the worst case. But nothing uncommon

• vossler25
    vossler25 Member Posts: 416

Hey now, Bethesda at least has a dope story in their games, mostly elder Scrolls but fallout has a nice unsettling feel with it

• SteelDragon

fallout 76 would like to have a word with you, but it will cost you $9.99 per sentence to hear it

• vossler25

Don't get the money thing and 76 has been a blast for me, if you mean the atom store, got everything from there for free, so :/ yes the membership thing they did was dumb, but I rather randoms on 76 so doesn't affect me

• NinoV1
    NinoV1 Member Posts: 382

I timed my break from this game well it seems.

• SteelDragon
    edited December 2019

o there is so much more stuff tho about fallout 76

the bugs

the "we will have cosmetic only in our shop"

the duffel kerfufel

the power helmet having deadly mold

the rum incident

battle royal mode that is horrible

the list goes on

if you like fallout then I think you will like this video if you haven't heard of it

• vossler25

The battle royale I liked, only one I've ever liked, the start of the game was horrible for bugs but as of currently I'm yet to encounter any and atom shop is just cosmetics, if you refer to the repair kit, I see 0 issues, I've not ever needed them but I have 8 sat at my base just incase but even those I got free, if it's about that fridge, again, free, as long as atom shop you can obtain it all free I see nothing wrong, all of it is optional and not massively helpful to the game except style, cosmetics, and a kit to use incase you mess up your material count that has 0 effect in the pvp aspect which alot of the complaints sat at, the bag was scummy and the helmet was ######### there is nothing else about those, the lack of NPC was my favourite part, it felt apocalyptic, even in 3, NV and 4 I used mods to remove huge amounts of NPC that doesn't ruin quests and replaced most enemies with ghouls and buffed them with a new name of zombie and upped the number of zombies in the game, but the story was still there just now you really be surviving, but the flying enemies that actually fly, the hermit crab, mothman, capturing bases and turning it into profit in combat or trade, no one on my server ever need to worry about their power armour running out or guns running low on bullets, I supply them all, anyway, wrong forum for this but 76 is really good now

• Grim
    Grim Member Posts: 250

What we need is an Operation Health. Fix bugs, refactor code, adjust balance, etc.. I think slowing down on the release of content is a good idea, too. It'll lessen the time crunch.

• yermom
    yermom Member Posts: 155

It's not my intention to defend BHVR here, but bugs are inevitable. You can have errors in code like typos, or errors in your programming that make sense to the computer, but aren't what you intended. Say a user's input results in two values, which are then added and the resulting sum tells the application how to respond to that user's input. If that resulting value is the correct type, say an integer, the computer will accept it even if it's not the quantity the developer intended to be created. So, the application will run, but not as intended. These are some of the hardest bugs to find, too, because there is no debugging (that I know of) to find them; and with a video game there are likely hundreds of thousands, if not more, lines of code to sift through. Often times, these bugs only emerge after release because even with testing, the QA team can only run their 'test suite' of tests, which doesn't compare to the combined random behavior of all the different people that play the game.

On top of this, they've been migrating their code to C++ which requires them to manage memory manually, which is notoriously difficult. Most programming languages automate such things, but many of those languages don't easily port between platforms.

My point here is that no one is out to get you, me or anyone else. Do developers screw with people that annoy them? Yes, it's been documented in some cases, but they wouldn't ever do something that would compromise their product. I think programming is just hard. The game has a lot of bugs, but it's really common for them to be present when new content is added. They get fixed in time, and we move on.