Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

All killers are campers at event.

In this event I have faced, at the moment, against 6 killers, and the 6 have camped.
It is an event that favors campers who have no other way to win or score points.
It is a shame of celebration. I do not celebrate the 2nd Anniversary.

Sorry for my english.

Comments

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

@Oreneta said:
    It is an event that favors campers who have no other way to win or score points.

How does it favours campers since they get less hooks and mostly on the same hooks?

@Oreneta said:

You're a bit confused. This has nothing to do with the anniversary, it's just a summer event.

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

@Oreneta said:
    In this event I have faced, at the moment, against 6 killers, and the 6 have camped.

Sorry for my english.

This event is the last event that favors campers. Please think before you say something.

You don't even need to touch generators. All you need to do is to sit on the hook and wait for the survivors to finish bbq gens if you have bbq offering. You will easily get 20k+. If the killer doesn't try to get bbq hooks, he will get 10-12k at best.

This is why killers just disconnect if they see a survivor who tries to sabo their hooks. Camping that guy will get him loads of points while they won't be able to get anything in return.

• Oreneta
    Oreneta Member Posts: 2

@Shipthebread said:

@Oreneta said:

Sorry for my english.

Probably not true, you are probably being toxic.

It's amazing people cry camping so often, I can't even think of the last time I was camped.

I have not insulted anyone, you do not have to insult me. To give an opinion is not toxic, to insult someone because it does not say what you think, yes.

@Boss said:
    In this event, i've faced about 20 Killers by now.
    3 were campers.

Don't spread lies.

I did not know you were blowing my neck while watching me play.

To the rest of the cool people, ok, maybe I have exceeded myself by ensuring that everyone lives. But in my case it has been like that. Maybe because I'm low level or I do not know.
    The only thing I saw when I played was that they did not get away from the hooks when they hung survivors and that they made more than 40k of points without doing anything else. Neither chase, nor break pallets, nothing.

BB

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

@Oreneta said:

@Boss said:
    In this event, i've faced about 20 Killers by now.
    3 were campers.

Don't spread lies.

I did not know you were blowing my neck while watching me play.

I don't need to be blowing ON your neck, you literally just told me something that can't possibly be true when i alone already experienced something you claim doesn't happen.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Oreneta said:

Sorry for my english.

A killer camps => do the gens and escape. During the event you are even granted with bonus BP for doing gens
    Where is the problem? I dont understand

• Michiko
    Michiko Member Posts: 623
    Woah why is everyone dragging this person for stating THEIR personal experience during THEIR gameplay. Camping happens, and it also doesn't happen in trials, lets not be naive. Everyone in this community is so hostile and hateful towards each other. Chillax people & enjoy the event!
  • DepravedKiller
    DepravedKiller Member Posts: 182

@Michiko said:
    Woah why is everyone dragging this person for stating THEIR personal experience during THEIR gameplay. Camping happens, and it also doesn't happen in trials, lets not be naive. Everyone in this community is so hostile and hateful towards each other. Chillax people & enjoy the event!

Chillax and enjoy. name of a new survivor perk coming soon!

• Michiko

@Michiko said:

Chillax and enjoy. name of a new survivor perk coming soon!

Sounds about right.
  • Sally55
    Sally55 Member Posts: 368
    edited August 2018

@Oreneta said:

Sorry for my english.

You are not entitled to a free escape. If you even attempt to sabotage event hooks you are getting camped.

• Michiko
    Sally55 said:

@Oreneta said:

Sorry for my english.

You are not entitled to a free escape. If you even attempt to sabotage event hooks you are getting camped.

I missed where they said they were entitled to a free escape.....
  • Vortexas
    Vortexas Member Posts: 757

Most of the killers I've faced are usually willing to swap hooks for gens.

The vast majority actually. A handful just wanna play normal games that's fine. Haven't ran into a Gen camper yet.

Gonna start my killer grind tomorrow. Figured I'll play normal games, but if they wanna farm it's tit for tat.

You sabo an event hook though you get a campin.

• Grey87
    Grey87 Member Posts: 346

"All" is a bit much.
    I played a few games and most were killer and I didn't camp/tunnel.
    Hell , I didn't even play seriously and let them do gens after getting my 3 event hooks and then let them escape.
    But then again , maybe it's because I play both sides and am not "main" any of them.

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256
    edited August 2018

Every single killer I've faced since the event started hard camps with Ultra Rare addons.

I'm switching over to Saboteur, cause if I can't get gens, they won't get hooks.

• 245_Trioxin
    245_Trioxin Member Posts: 171
    Eninya said:

Every single killer I've faced since the event started hard camps with Ultra Rare addons.

I'm switching over to Saboteur, cause if I can't get gens, they won't get hooks.

For me, it hasn't been every killer, but definitely the majority. Probably 70-80%. I'm not switching to Sabo, though. Hell, I never even bothered leveling Jake enough to unlock it. I quit using him once I unlocked Calm Spirit. 
  • starkiller1286
    starkiller1286 Member Posts: 889
    I had 4 games a huntress camped a myers did myers things and downed my potato "teammates" nurse blinked around and didn't camp the last seemed to camp but in reality just installed the game and didn't know how Whispers worked. Even in low ranks there are some who camp and some who are indifferent.  Personally I don't own Laura and don't play Hillbilly so I'm just in it to say I did.
  • Michiko
    I had 4 games a huntress camped a myers did myers things and downed my potato "teammates" nurse blinked around and didn't camp the last seemed to camp but in reality just installed the game and didn't know how Whispers worked. Even in low ranks there are some who camp and some who are indifferent.  Personally I don't own Laura and don't play Hillbilly so I'm just in it to say I did.
    Her name is Kate 😂
  • Sally55

@Michiko said:
    Sally55 said:

@Oreneta said:

Sorry for my english.

If you get caught and camped it's your fault in the first place for being garbage at evading the killer..

• Sally55

@Eninya said:

Good luck trying to break all of them since Hangman's Trick makes the respawn almost instantly.

• campasaurus
    campasaurus Member Posts: 60
    Oreneta said:

Sorry for my english.

who doesn't love being camped?
  • NeoVid
    NeoVid Member Posts: 37

Huh. You know, I thought this was an anti-camp event, since the killer gets more points if they use all the event hooks, no matter how bad they do otherwise.

• Michiko
    Sally55 said:

@Michiko said:
    Sally55 said:

@Oreneta said:

Sorry for my english.

If you get caught and camped it's your fault in the first place for being garbage at evading the killer..

Your last comment has nothing to do with what I said... 

• campasaurus
    campasaurus Member Posts: 60
    edited August 2018
    "garbage at escaping killers."  feel free to show some videos, sally.
  • Michiko
    "garbage at escaping killers."  feel free to show some videos, sally.

• Vortexas
    Vortexas Member Posts: 757

Even during the event the worst I've done is patrol an area, cause I had one game full of hook bombers.

Then again even during a divebomb save I am more apt to chase the troll that does the farming first instead of the victim.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Just had a match with Leatherface. 2 toolboxes in the lobby, so i prepared for the worst and equipped a mori.
    Fortunatly they didn´t try to sabotage the hooks and i didn´t use the mori until the third hook. (i play fair, if the survivors play fair)
    Result: "eeeezzzz" "reported for boring killer"

I swear, there is no pleasing survivors.

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

The event is mostly full of suiciding survivors that rush into killers to try to farm, and usually get killed under 2mins in the game.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Vortexas said:

The vast majority actually. A handful just wanna play normal games that's fine. Haven't ran into a Gen camper yet.

Gonna start my killer grind tomorrow. Figured I'll play normal games, but if they wanna farm it's tit for tat.

How is it even possible to camp multiple gens? I will never understand.....

And if you talk about the last gen out of 5 cocktail gens, you will live without it too lol

• Mechkiller3425
    Mechkiller3425 Member Posts: 55
    edited August 2018
    Camping in low rank is expected but in High ranks Killers are going to get punished for camping, honestly those who camp the hooks are Mentally challenged if theyre trying to get their BBQ Hooks done, cause its only on the first hook that itll give you the Token for hooking them there, no point in camping the event hooks after they get hooked, hook once leave, dont get punished for camping and just keep killing people

PS: Im Rank one and ive only had one person sabo my Event hook, but i had already used it so i could have care lessed, granted that didnt stop me from Slappin him a couple times once i downed him.
  • ChraizE
    ChraizE Member Posts: 232

You absolute toxic jerks stop treating others like pieces of crap! You take that trash attitude from in game and spread it on the forum like it's normal well it's not you people are sick in the head!! Just STOP!!!

• Mechkiller3425
    ChraizE said:

You absolute toxic jerks stop treating others like pieces of crap! You take that trash attitude from in game and spread it on the forum like it's normal well it's not you people are sick in the head!! Just STOP!!!

Yelling At People telling them That theyre trashy and sick in the head doesnt stop what theyre doing itll only make you a target for their behavior :/
  • ChraizE

@Mechkiller3425 said:
    ChraizE said:

Yelling At People telling them That theyre trashy and sick in the head doesnt stop what theyre doing itll only make you a target for their behavior :/

Well better than sitting back and doing nothing!!

• Mechkiller3425
    ChraizE said:

@Mechkiller3425 said:
    ChraizE said:

Or Instead of Yelling at people you can try the assertive approach rather than the agressive one
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

@Vortexas said:

Just had a match where survivors sabotaged 2 event hooks in the first minute.
    I quit the match. If i can´t do my event, they won´t do theirs.

• ChraizE

@Mechkiller3425 said:
    ChraizE said:

@Mechkiller3425 said:

ChraizE said:

Or Instead of Yelling at people you can try the assertive approach rather than the agressive one

Pointing out how I should or shouldn't type just further proves my point, now YOU are using it to argue with ME. Grow the hell up!!

• Anzi130
    Anzi130 Member Posts: 51
    There is No reason for the killers to Camp during this event. You dont need a sacrifice to earn survivor chops, you only need to hook them once on the BBQ hook. Even if they get saved you still get your survivor chops. This event goes against camping actually.. would be better for the killer to try to hook others on other BBQ hooks than Camp.
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    edited August 2018

@Anzi130 said:
    There is No reason for the killers to Camp during this event. You dont need a sacrifice to earn survivor chops, you only need to hook them once on the BBQ hook. Even if they get saved you still get your survivor chops. This event goes against camping actually.. would be better for the killer to try to hook others on other BBQ hooks than Camp.

Many people on both sides are still playing to win. However, some Survivors and Killers are specifically sabotaging each other's event stuff (apparently there's a spike in hook sabotage, which was uncommon until this event, and some Killers are overprotecting the event generators to the detriment of the trial).

Post edited by Orion on
  • Anzi130
    Orion said:

Many people on both sides are still playing to win. However, some Survivors and Killers are specifically sabotaging each other's event stuff (apparently there's a spike in sabotage, which was uncommon until this event, and some Killers are overprotecting the event generators to the detriment of the trial).

• Anzi130
    Ahh okay.. makes sense
  • Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 1,237

I'm a rank 1 Pig following the stupid made up survivor rules. Dont lie please.

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

@Sally55 said:

@Eninya said:

Good luck trying to break all of them since Hangman's Trick makes the respawn almost instantly.

Literally no one runs that perk. Not even during this event.

But you'll see a #########-ton of Agitation 3 (which is normal), Iron Grasp 3, and, Franklin's Demise.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

Killer's are camping blah blah blah

So what?

Part of the game - adapt and overcome

• Skorpanio
    Skorpanio Member Posts: 605

Why would I ever camp as a Nurse?
    The title says it all!
    And @Runiver

The event is mostly full of suiciding survivors that rush into killers to try to farm, and usually get killed under 2mins in the game.

I can definetly relate to this.
    But well if 2-3 dc after a while, I'll ofc give the rest a gen or two before killing them.

@Tsulan

Just had a match with Leatherface. 2 toolboxes in the lobby, so i prepared for the worst and equipped a mori.

I had a match with 3 toolboxes.
    The first boi died withing the first two minutes of the game though, due to beeing farmed.
    I feel kind of bad for him now...

• Paddy4583
    Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864
    Some killers only camp due to survivors breaking the event hooks thank ur team mates
    The stupid ones maybe... camping someone so the rest can do the event gens is the ideal situation for the rest of the team!
  • MikeLatin7
    MikeLatin7 Member Posts: 209

Well, got to say I did some and it was good getting the pro-pain hammer, got the song bird too feels good, hello sorry guys that's the way it go's sometimes,

• Russ76
    Russ76 Member Posts: 306

@Vortexas said:

I have been willing to do this on both sides, and yet either get tunneled or DSed and tbagged. These events just aren't fun. On the upside with so many people boycotting the event or done with it and not coming back till it is over, it does help the Devs with the back end server overload problem.

• Mechkiller3425
    When a dude gets mad at me for telling him to stop yelling at people,okay jackass
  • RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258

@Oreneta said:

Sorry for my english.

### survbois cry "camper/tunneler" even when the killer didn't have chance to leave the hook, so yeah, cry me a river.