Is there a correlation with how legacy and Haunted Ground cosmetics were stored?

Options
WelshTomz
WelshTomz Member Posts: 27
edited December 2019 in General Discussions

This is more of a question to the developers! So basically, I lost my legacy and Howling Ground cosmetics during the Howling Grounds event.

So as we are now being returned the Howling Ground cosmetics, I was wondering could legacy be returned too? Wouldn't there be some kind of correlation with how the Howling Grounds and Legacy cosmetics were stored at this period?

Can you now identify the people who lost legacy during the Howling Grounds event? Thanks for any update.

By the way, thank you for returning the Howling Ground cosmetics!

Post edited by WelshTomz on

Answers

• ProfoundEnding
    ProfoundEnding Member Posts: 2,334
    Options

You mean Howling Grounds? No they're not connected. Peanits had mentioned this in another thread.

• WelshTomz
    Options

Yes my bad, I'm talking about the Howling Grounds event. Are you SURE they're not connected? If lost Howling Ground cosmetics could be identified and because I lost legacy at the same time I lost the event cosmetics, I feel like lost legacy cosmetics should be able to be identified in this time period too.

I would really appreciate an official response if possible.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,880
    Options

I also like the Haunted Ground cosmetics. They expose me everytime I go outside with them.

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    Options

They're not, if they were than Peanits would've mentioned it and Legacy would most likely be in the works for a mass return as well.

But they're not, the Howling Grounds Event came out much later than the Legacy time frame "event." The Legacy deadline was November 24th 2016, in 2016 a lot of things were quite buggy and glitchy... so it's not a surprise that the save data for those skins are quite hard to find in the code.

Or something like that, basically what i'm saying is no, they're not linked in any way... exclusive skins from 2016 wouldn't be linked with skins from 2018...

• WelshTomz
    edited December 2019
    Options

@FireHazard

The way in which legacy was stored did change from when I first unlocked them in 2016 because they were moved from being stored locally to on their own servers (which is when I lost my cosmetics).

So there is every possibility that legacy cosmetics when I lost them, were stored in a similar way in which the Howling Ground cosmetics were stored. I lost all these cosmetics during the event.

I feel like the Devs may be reluctant to state that some people who had legacy have been identified because lots of people lost it before the way in which data was stored, changed. However people like me lost the cosmetics when presumably legacy was stored similarly to how Howling Grounds was stored. (It only makes sense to store cosmetics in the same fashion, I feel it'd be very unlikely they were stored differently at this period).

It may sound like a bit of a stretch, but I've been waiting a long time now and hope to get some kind of good news.