Survivor queues are too long

Options

I love Dead by Daylight, both sides. I love Survivor and Killer but I play Killer way more for 1 specific reason. It takes too long to find a survivor game. Killer consistently takes about 10 seconds to find a game (PS4) while survivor generally takes around 3 minutes to even get into a lobby. And it takes way longer at odd times like early morning and late nights on weekdays. I think that alot of problems stem from this. Genrushing, everyone using the same perks, toxicity etc. Alot of survivors finally get into a game and want to win so they use the meta perks and bring toolboxes and keys because if you die or get a bad game, you have to wait another 5 minutes minimum before playing again. I've played DBD on Ps4 since release and this problem has remained throughout all of it.

Comments

• Eleghost
    Eleghost Member Posts: 1,050
    Options

huh. Don't play killer on pc then. Most of the time its 10+ min queue times.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318
    Options

I find that unless you're at green ranks killer takes forever. Solo survivor never takes long for me but swf is pretty bugged.

• S_Panda
    S_Panda Member Posts: 539
    edited December 2019
    Options

Sorry to be that guy but it's not that big of surprise: Survivor is much 'stronger' on consoles in comparison due to the limit of control killers have (see the multiple threads created in the past few days alone in general + on the oni in flicks). I've played killer on my friend's ps4 at times and it's amazing what they can get away with if you go for lunges instead of waiting to get closer for clicks. Don't forget the even more aim reliant killers such at huntress, nurse, possibly plague...

One more edit for serious discussion: The tome has quite a bit more work to do on survivor side that requires some 'luck' if you aren't giving up the game for your team (pallet stun killer twice without giving the killer free hits first, flashlight saves, safe unhooks)

• I_Face_Camp
    I_Face_Camp Member Posts: 244
    Options

I agree with that. I'd say the hardest thing with killer is the framerate drops. I've missed so many hits and chainsaws because of that.

• I_Face_Camp
    Options

I guess its platform based. I dont have trouble finding killer games at any rank and currently I'm rank 2 and it's still quick.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318
    Options

this must be an xbox thing, but survivor queues are extremely fast as if people enjoy playing killer

• ProfoundEnding
    ProfoundEnding Member Posts: 2,334
    Options

Survivor solo ques used to take less then a minute for me on any rank for the entirety of my DBD lifespan. Up until the Ghostface release. Now it takes AT LEAST 3 minutes. What's the deal?

• Zixology
    Zixology Member Posts: 1,062
    Options

Survivor queue times are so long right now because there are more people atm playing killer due to the basement bug/exploit.

With the lobbies not being evened out, it takes longer for people to find matches.

• Monlyth
    Monlyth Member Posts: 982
    Options

Survivor queues vary a lot based on rank. The higher the ranks get, the longer the survivor queues get, because it's harder to rank up as Killer than as Survivor.

• TheHourMan
    TheHourMan Member Posts: 1,052
    Options

Your queue time is largely luck based. Some people just have really long queue times and nobody knows why. It is not because of player count or ping. This has been acknowledged by the devs several times in the past and they will fix it if they can ever find out exactly what causes it.

• ThisGuuy83
    ThisGuuy83 Member Posts: 1,303
    Options

Hmmmm... I wonder why it's hard to get matches as survivor on console. That's a real head scratcher with the flood gates just pouring killers out.... 😐

• yikers
    yikers Member Posts: 94
    Options

Not if so many plays killer it shifts the other way, wich is possible now that broken Oni and basement bug is live.

• I_Face_Camp
    Options

That makes no sense. Killer queue times would be longer if that were true even with a huge surplus of killers. If there were 20 survivors and 100 killers, survivors would instantly find a match

• I_Face_Camp
    Options

It's very hard but I actually like the dark map. Changes things up and some killers benefit like Myers, Piggy, Ghostface, and any killer using insidious.

• Maj33y
    Maj33y Member Posts: 236
    Options

There's nothing they can do about it at the time being . It's lack of players on both Sides of the same Rank .

Meaning to Say for instance Players at Red Ranks might be 20 or 30 % let's say .

So when You Match up at that given time how many of those 20 % are actually online and playing The Game .

5 % more or less ? and if some are even already in Games it'd mean more waiting times for players who are in lobby .

The options that they have are limited without Dedicated Servers .

1. Remove Geolocation Matchmaking .

It'd affect the ping and People would be so unhappy with bad ping.

2. Remove Rank Requirement .

And you'll find players feeling unhappy about being Matched with High Rank / low Rank players.

3. Merging the player base with Cross-platform . (Only possible with Dedicated Servers)

Could possibly improve queue times but then You'll still find players unhappy with PC VS console controls giving advantage to one side over the other .

Bottom line . There are multiple options some are possible . Others not at the mean time but not everyone will be happy with the Result .

• johnmwarner
    johnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793
    Options

As someone who is rank 1 survivor 4-3 (red rank) killer I can say rank really doesn’t matter and they should open up the range more. I’ve played against rank 15 survivors that are better loopers than red rank era, maybe smurfing?

As a survivor I’ve had rank 2 teammates who go down over and over in like 10 second chases

• VincentRedfield
    VincentRedfield Member Posts: 285
    Options

Ironically it is the opposite on xbox one. Survivor ques are MUCH shorter than killer ques.

• xGREENCATx
    xGREENCATx Member Posts: 431
    Options

after the stranger things patch my frame rate for killers on CONSOLE is horrendous. it makes it almost impossible to play killer yet they expect us to get all the tomes and challenges done 🥴

• goat10em
    goat10em Member Posts: 749
    Options

My experience is killer takes forever to find a match. Swf takes forever to find a match. Only quick way of getting into matches for me is solo survivor.

• Revansith
    Revansith Member Posts: 367
    Options

I was in a lobby this morning and simply observed the killer was missing. I was called a ######### for placing a five minute limit on the killer appearing. Ironically the player who made the remark was the only one to die.

At the end of the match I expressed concern the killer had simply stopped moving, thinking AFK or had a bug. Killer admitted he needed to hook obsession twice and once the rift challenge was complete he let everyone go. Its nice when killers make a decision to go easy on the team they face.

So far as matches are concernd i get solo matches pop within 60 seconds mostly. But I tend to take frequent breaks , like between matches and not reque right away.

• Maj33y
    Maj33y Member Posts: 236
    Options

@johnmwarner Yeah I agree with you .

The only ones that need to be Separated in my opinion are Rank 20-17 giving them some ground to practice until they get the hang of it .

But there are people who play casually and I think it's Casual players that mostly complain about Ranks Gap .

There were tens of threads of people complaining about that ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• SQUIRREL_302
    SQUIRREL_302 Member Posts: 57
    Options

I’d say this is the biggest issue. Console really needs some optimization love right now

• DarthRane
    DarthRane Member Posts: 198
    Options

Ummm what I'm on Xbox and I can say that's not the case at all whether I solo qued or triple qued with my friends I ALWAYS take significantly longer to get match as survivor over killer. That's even prior to the current issues we been having

• zaquintar
    zaquintar Member Posts: 54
    Options

On PS4 green ranks I consistently get an immediate lobby as killer whereas as survivor it takes around 3 minutes to try to join. About half the time the connection fails and I have to wait another 3 minutes

• UlvenDagoth
    UlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535
    Options

Means no one in your area wants to be a Killer.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,808
    Options

You're both right.

Queue times vary depending on rank, region, day of the week, and time of day. In my region on PS4, when kids are in school, survivor is usually the quicker queue. When kids are home from school, killer is usually the quicker queue.

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773
    Options

That's just dumb. you're literally saying "don't play the game."

As for OP, it's probably because of Regine, time, and closest server all combined. I haven't gotten many games where I am because of the time, so I would just try again later.

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125
    Options

@Eleghost

Well I find always instant lobbys or within 1-2min as Killer on PC.

• DarthRane
    Options

Slightly off topic but related, has anyone on console, or even PC, been getting a lot of failed to join check your mat setting errors since the update(as aurvivir/) cause since the update on top of long times just queing for a killer I'm constantly getting the check your mat settings error how to making it take even longer.

I'd say I'm AVERAGING 15 minute waits right now regardless of time of day as survivor for myself.

• TragicSolitude
    Options

Yes! I'm suddenly getting those a ton again. It became impossible for me to get a survivor match and I just gave up.

• DarthRane
    Options

Okay had to make sure, it's making it a chore and a half for me to knock out my last for archives for survivors on this tome

• TragicSolitude
    Options

Ditto. I have three challenges left, and two are the flashlight blind challenges. I'm having an impossible time of it.

• rd_dex
    rd_dex Member Posts: 253
    edited December 2019
    Options

Instant games as killer rank 4, 7 minutes average rank 1 survivor at any time West EU (PC). Nerfing of killers that actually can do something in red ranks is a big reason for this, along with stress that comes with playing killer and nobody plays games to get stressed out quite the opposite. I'm done with playing killer for fun as it's impossible and only really play killer when i need BP.

• manzari
    manzari Member Posts: 50
    edited December 2019
    Options

Same issue but on PC.

I find killer games instantly (rank 2) but it takes between 5-10 minutes to find survivor games (rank 1) and I also have another issue that's only popular in my region where sometimes (2 out of 5 times) I get stuck in the loading screen before it brings me to the final lobby, imagine waiting 10 minutes only to get stuck in loading then restarting the game, then waiting 10 more minutes. I remember when I had problems with killer queues before Stranger Things chapter, now it's the other way around. now personally I don't care for killer. I only play it for the reason u do. because it's queues are fast. seriously devs, I'm asking u, is this a more important matter to look into or cosmetics and new DLCs?

EU servers btw.

• Tr0g
    Tr0g Member Posts: 241
    edited December 2019
    Options

Buff killers so people actually want to play them. Game is so survivor-sided that, despite only needing 1/5 people to play killers, thereis still a shortage of killers. Why? Because SWF with voice chat bully the crap out of killers and make it nearly impossible to win without a mori. You get teabagged and taunted all the time and if you dare to get 1 kill you will get toxic messages from survivors. Obviously this makes the experience for the killer not enjoyable to say the least.

Also: survivors can make tons of mistakes and escape. If a killer makes 1 mistake against a coordinated team it's game over for him.

Buff killers and your queue times will go down.

As a killer I have no queue times. When I press ready I instantly get a lobby with 4 people. Usually a much better rank than me too, making my game experience as a killer even worse. This is on PS4

This is basically every matchup for me as killer on PS4, a 4-man SWF group with much better ranks:

• I_Face_Camp
    Options

I agree escaping for survivors needs to be a rarer occurrence based on survivors playing really well instead of the current easy loop and gen rush method. Although the game is pretty well balanced when the survivors are all solo. There needs to be a buff for killers when there are 3 or 4 swf survivors in the lobby. Maybe like 2 less pallets on the map or permanent +.1 m/s movement speed for the duration of the match or something to balance things out.

• FJSJ_Lunar
    FJSJ_Lunar Member Posts: 230
    Options

I get insta queues at rank 1 on killer in the pnw.

But it takes like 6 mins to find a game at survivor at purple ranks.

I thinknits because survivor is more fun for a lot of people right now, so there is a lack of people queuing up as killer.

• BillyAndStu
    BillyAndStu Member Posts: 120
    Options

Yeah i agree. Im red rank on ps4 amd i consistently have to wait 5 plus minutes for a game. Longer if im playing with friends. Whereas if i pick killer im usually in a lobby in under 1 minute. It sucks because in most games theres some bs making the game less fun. Everything from a insidious billy in basement to plain just bad teammates who farm survivors on hooks and cant last more than 20 secs in a chase.