Bring back rank visible again

Please I beg you bring it back. If I see purple green or even yellow ranks in my team I want to be able to dodge.Its not fun getting a 4 min chase to get 0 gens done and being left 3 min on the hook at rank 1 with crouchmaster rank 15 claudette, or the freaking locker dwight. Please make it happen, I dont want to play with only 1 teammate for the rest of my games. its just a terrible experience.

Comments

• hematophagy
    hematophagy Member Posts: 105

Yeah it's an even worse experience on console and it's completely unfun playing with immersed people who don't know when to get you and are to scared to even save.

• PNgamer
    PNgamer Member Posts: 1,415

a worse experience ? no its not. This change is good. I tell you what worse is. A 4 minute Chase this is not what Devs want to see. Deal with it

• PNgamer
    PNgamer Member Posts: 1,415

And don´t show with your fingers to other people. Look for yourself. We all was new in this game, so don´t blame other players. If you think youre good, then show how good you are. It makes no diffrence, as long you play good you get rewardet for it. 4 minute chases, 5 minute genrush games, i tell you what...this is a bad game experience and a pain for killers. In my opinion this change is good for lowplayers too if they play with good players in a team. If you not want to play with lowplayers in your team, then go and play SWF cheatmode.

• CronaWins
    CronaWins Member Posts: 650

Having a low ranked player in my lobby instantly puts me at a disadvantage in which i have no control over. After all, this is a team game. If i'm a red rank player, i expect players of similar skill level.

If they don't want us dodging lobbies, then they should be fixing their matchmaking, not hiding it from us so we don't know.

• FabV
    FabV Member Posts: 173

If you're red rank, you should'nt be paired with green/yellow unless they're SWF with purple/red, no ? Or the matchmaker is broken again ?

Anyway, if you want to play with reds only, play SWF. Otherwise just try do the best for the team, get some BPs and move on.

• lindechene
    lindechene Member Posts: 76
    edited December 2019

The change to hide the ranks was a step in the right direction.

People should not be provided with information that causes them to leave the lobby again.

Every time a player leaves the lobby the waiting time for the remaining players is increased by the average search time once more.

BUT

Some people may want to see the rank just to know which teammate may need some help. Helpful players can then stay close and lure the killer away to protect the low rank beginner.

To prevent that players doge the lobby when ranks are displayed it would be reasonable to remove the ability to leave the lobby once players are assigned to one.

-> I value shorter matchmaking times higher than the ability to "choose" teammates and opponents.

• MisterCremaster
    MisterCremaster Member Posts: 614

The problem with rank and match making is that there just aren't enough players. The more I play this, the more I understand why. I'll likely be taking a long break myself, since for me, this game just isn't very much fun anymore.

It has to be absolutely brutal for new players. I can understand why the game doesn't seem like its growing at the pace it should.

• bigbeefynacho
    bigbeefynacho Member Posts: 351

I don't know. I've played with a number of grey and yellows who are a deal better than purples and reds out there.

• arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936

What is the point of the ranking system if I'm still going to play with new players at the top rank? You can't blame anyone for not wanting to play a 3v1 match. If the matchmaking system wasn't a mess right now we wouldn't need this.

• jokerdude23_
    jokerdude23_ Member Posts: 102

I will admit....I'm kinda tired of losing games because we had a rank 16 in our Purple/Red rank match........

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430
    edited December 2019

@Waldbeere

As do many killers when they see certain items in the lobby and decide they don’t wanna play that match. They also contribute to queue times.

I for one would like to know if I’m playing with a low rank, because I need to know if I need to change my playstyle and lower my expectations. Not everyone wants to dodge, but having rank information is healthy for the game especially when the devs themselves wanted the higher ranks to “carry” the lowbies.

This was something that wasn’t breaking the game and considering how busted the matchmaking system is right now it helped out a lot to have a sense of who you are playing with.

Post edited by Johnny_XMan on
  • kcwolf1975
    kcwolf1975 Member Posts: 651

They are not going to bring anything back that gives people a reason to dodge. I am not saying that there aren't other reasons people will dodge, but this is something they can take care of easily.

@lindechene is totally right, shorter queue times are more important for the games health than picking/choosing teammates.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

Queue times are not going to be shorter if people stop playing survivor due to bad matchmaking combined with the lack of information about the rank of other survivors. Personally I've had one single survivor game today as you can read above and it's going to be the last survivor game for a while until they fix the matchmaking OR bring lobby-ranks back.

That kind of stuff makes me play killer only. What's the point of ranking up if you end up getting matched with baby ranks?

• premiumRICE
    premiumRICE Member Posts: 798

@lindechene

If you dont show ranks you fix the mm or otherwise you keep the ranks. having 2 people doing nothing is just a deadweight if the killer is not totally new.

Its not about being good or not, first of all I can loop the killer for 10 minutes but if the rest of the team is crouching behind a gen with spine chill lighted up the game is not going anywhere, second thing its just plain boring and unfun to play like that. I dont want to be either the one only doing gens or the one getting chase for the whole game.

• kcwolf1975
    kcwolf1975 Member Posts: 651

How do you know if it is a matchmaking issue and not swf? If two rank 18's teams up with a 5, then they are treated as a 5. I know matchmaking is far from perfect, but it could be working right in these cases.

• iBetClaudette
    iBetClaudette Member Posts: 299

This is exactly the reason why the devs got rid of rank visibility. You just stated you'd dodge a lobby because of rank. Players got tired of long wait times due to lobby dodging.

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,513

We just gonna dodge every swf whichll make it even longer because some swfs are the same rank and now they get punished

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

So true, had one claudette standing in the door way 2 feet from me on the hook, Killer chasing another survivor on other side of chain fence. Every time he looped him near and heartbeat got stronger she dipped back into the doorway. Second stage with survivor feet away.

• supersonic853
    edited December 2019

It was nice to know if we had like 1 20 so i knew if i needed to help them or not most people i play with can handle themselves against killers because of how long they played. A rank 20 isnt gonna have the same skills as a rank 7 unless they smurf and even then they dont have as much access to perks and everything.

• premiumRICE

Yes I said it. And you will agree with me that having so much difference in rank in a single game is not healthy. I dont wanna go blind every game and hope I wont find at least 1 person that sits inside a locker.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

Unfortunately they have already said it's never coming back. Their reason being it leads to people dodging. I feel this argument rings hollow as nobody cares about killers dodging.

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

What else is he supposed to do? These days you have to stay off the hook to the best of your ability, cause these days that killer is probably a tunneler or camper - and that's an even worse experience.

I kind of liked the rank showing along with their prestige level. I never dodge based on that cause you never know if someone is just smurf or took a break for awhile and came back, but it was nice to know if I was in good company or I needed to adjust if their was a new person that I needed to take some stress off them.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

To the people saying reverting this change would just make queue times longer, guess what? They already are. They are worse than ever.

It is bad enough to have to wait 20 mins for a match that only lasted 4 mins because of the newer players being stuck with a killer 4 times their experience/skill level.

If you were that worried about queue times, you would also have a problem with killers dodging due to items being brought into the match. Plain and simple.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,971

maybe if matchmaking was actually good then playing with people pretty much 7 to 10 ranks above you wouldn't be an issue

• premiumRICE

3 pre, and I can't even dodge the two rank 11.

What a fun game it must have been, being tunneled until I got Iridescent chase and still 5 gens to go, yeah I see no problem at all, we let you play with your friends but we dont give a chance to the solo player to avoid this... thing...

no problemo

• silverwolf4455
    silverwolf4455 Member Posts: 496

When has the matchmaker ever been working? Besides rank 17-20 can be in any lobby which is stupid by design.

• Auron471
    Auron471 Member Posts: 1,310

Hiding ranks i think is just a way to increase the rank range that we can be paired with.

I dont even lobby dodge, but i just want to see what the ranks of my team are. If i see 3 green ranks i know at least one of them will be immersed AF.

• premiumRICE

at least you know you have to be immersed like them otherwise its 1v1 with the killer the whole game since you will be the only one working on gens

• FabV
    FabV Member Posts: 173

I play green myself and have rarely played with reds since the last matchmaker updates.

Some say that there's not enough red / purple players so if you dodge every not full red lobby you simply never play.

• supersonic853
    edited December 2019

Whats the point of the rank system if swf is just gonna drag in people who shouldnt be there rank 20 should not be in a red rank game regardless. If they keep this change they at least need to make it so SWF can only bring in someone above or below them 1 rank. Purples can pair with Purple Green and Red. Red can only pair with purples. Green Purple and yellow Ect. I am so tired of swf dragging in 2 rank 20s who just die instantly and me and the other person have to try to complete the gens against a experienced killer by ourselves. itd be fine if it just hurt them but i didnt ######### ask to be dragged into this. Now i have to dodge every swf so i don't get screwed.

• premiumRICE

makes sense but at this point isnt better to show ranks to avoid a 3 men situation instead of forcing people dc?

@supersonic853 yeah, at this point rank system doesnt make any sense.

• Rasinbran
    Rasinbran Member Posts: 240

It's funny how getting a high rank provides no reward but people are so finicky about getting it like why? What's wrong with playing the game for fun? I personally enjoy see a rank 10 drop a pallet on themselves and get downed while I have bond on.

• Apple2o
    Apple2o Member Posts: 624

Because if it's a good killer, the next thing that probably happens is they come over and pop your gen. And every time that rank 10 goes down in ~15 seconds to the rank 1, the killer comes back to delete your gen until they are dead. Now its 3v1. Maybe they just fed 3x dying light stacks.

It's awful having such an imbalanced team. I was dodging like there was no tomorrow with the system and I was actually having way more fun as a solo Q survivor because I would get proper matches.

• concious_consumer
    concious_consumer Member Posts: 282

It is but they obviously prefer to shove you rank 20s to make you d/c, then wait in timeout and eventually uninstall...

• premiumRICE
  • Rasinbran
    Rasinbran Member Posts: 240

Okay then the challenge would be how many gens can you run the killer until they leave you or get you. Difficulty increases with how many purple rank and under are in your game 😂

• silverwolf4455
    silverwolf4455 Member Posts: 496

I'm always red rank, there are plenty on xbox that que times aren't even that long. Considering the are throwing low rank survivors in there the times arent even better.

• BeanieBoyBob
    BeanieBoyBob Member Posts: 354

It's not fair for Red ranks to suffer because of another player's lack of experience with the game though (not doing gens, constantly healing, unable to run loops, quick downs, etc). That's like saying to accept a loss because of how long it would take to find a game otherwise. Also, this would affect Killer posthumourously as the Red ranked Surv will be able to slaughter lower ranked Killers in the long run. It doesn't help either way.

• Spirez
    Spirez Member Posts: 674

I just liked being able to see the ranks and who is prestiged because it looked appealing to me. I thought it was a great feature

• concious_consumer
    concious_consumer Member Posts: 282

I'd rather 1vs1 gennies than 1vs1 exit gates which are 1m from each other