4 Cosmetics That Were Not Included In The Ultra Rare Cosmetics given

Options

I understand those who previously got the event skins deserve them back. However will you allow people to get them in the Dead By Daylight store, in a future event, or in a future rift. Please and Thank You.

Comments

• Salty_Huntress
    Salty_Huntress Member Posts: 151
    Options

They were originally going to give it to all players but after a backlash from many of the players who have earned them they decided to not give them out. Personally the grind wasn’t that much for me but I understand why people don’t want them rereleased as the time they put into the event meant nothing.

• DeathReaper
    DeathReaper Member Posts: 52
    Options

yes I understand this I am well aware of this thank you for the comment I am just seeing if we can have some sort of way for everyone to get them where people don't feel like they wasted their time to get them

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,832
    edited December 2019
    Options

Being able to earn them through future events (but not being available in the store for cash) seems to be the option that gets the least amount of backlash from those who earned them during the original events. Getting them for free definitely isn't fair to those people. Getting them in the store via cash would put them in the same spot as current event cosmetics, but many think that diminishes their sentimental value, which is understandable.

So, I hope the devs consider allowing players to earn those four cosmetics through events in the future.

• T2K
    T2K Member Posts: 635
    Options

well not 100% right. First of all many players were suddenly missing one or more of those 4 event cosmetics. Due to the fact that behavior wasnt able seperate these players and give them the cosmetics directly they decided to hand them out to the whole player base. After that and before the give out to the player base they found a solution to achieve exactly that. It was not that their intent to give them out to everybody in the first place. They just had no other solution at that time.

• PrincessPoop
    PrincessPoop Member Posts: 919
    Options

I really don’t understand why the devs are not acknowledging this.

They don’t have to give them out for free, but why not put them in the store just like all other event cosmetics? Or at the very least put them in the rift so people have the option to earn them again?

Seems like a perfect compromise that doesn’t exclude people while also keeping the cosmetics value.

• DeathReaper
    Options

I also wish the devs would respond, at least say never or that this is something they would consider. I understand they are busy though.

• StardustSpeedway
    StardustSpeedway Member Posts: 882
    edited December 2019
    Options

I'd like to earn them in future events. It would be fair to everyone, including the ones that earned them during their original event. Kind of like last year's hollowed blight outfits were available to get with vials for this year's hollowed blight.

• Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861
    Options

While they’re at it they should put Legacy in the store too right? It’s not like they were obtainable during a limited time event or anything.

• DeathReaper
    Options

Well the thing about Legacy skins is different cause those are PC only and if they were to put those on console it would upset the PC players that earned them we just need a compromise about the 4 event cosmetics I don't think we're missing out much on Legacy skins cause we have fully bloodies so that's something.

• ProfoundEnding
    ProfoundEnding Member Posts: 2,334
    Options

They have acknowledged this. It's in the "FRICK YOU" thread lmao

• Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861
    Options

So if I buy Dead By Daylight today for my PC can I buy Legacy in the store then? I know I’ll have 0 total hours played, but it’s fair if they put it in the store right?

• Kev19915
    Kev19915 Member Posts: 117
    edited December 2019
    Options

Legacy was available when the game was still in it’s early phase. For all they knew the game could have failed like DeathGarden did. Legacy as promised by the developers should remain exclusive. So i find the legacy and event skin debate unfair. I have 2/4 event cosmetics and i see no problem with them making them available. I had to grind for the moonrise and blight events while others could get them in the store whenever they wanted. I just reached tier 70 in the archives and in one year all those cosmetics will be available in the store. I am not trying to sound ungrateful because i do appreciate the free cosmetics they did give us. This is just my personal feelings.

Post edited by Kev19915 on
  • DeathReaper
    Options

No you can't buy the Legacy skins they were only a certain amount of time in the early phase of Dead By Daylight when it first came out for PC.

• SpookyJeff
    SpookyJeff Member Posts: 108
    Options

I'd be fine with either allowing them to be earned in future events or adding them to the store for auric cells. You can get current event items with cells, and I don't feel like I was ripped off when I earned enough serum vials to get a couple of skins for free. It just seems to value older events over newer ones to not go back and make those available somehow.

• DeathReaper
    edited December 2019
    Options

lol funny but I don't agree I think the Red Donkey Jacket looks cool and I really want it.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    Options

Well I do believe the equivalency is a bit odd I can at least understand the sentiment they're trying to make.

As a console player I'm glad we got some of the cold based cosmetics as we never got a chance to get there but I can understand Legacy being something bad was there for the players who put in the effort back when it was a serious grind it would feel cheap to negate that same thing with the event cosmetics people put in the grind for them and played around the event it would feel like a major middle finger to just release it for everybody.

But as they stated they don't intend on doing exclusives anymore unless they literally have no other choice.

So I think through cosmetics going down the line we should all be fine.

Also give Feng and Legion a Blight cosmetic

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,670
    Options

I'd have preferred that everyone get them.

People act as though the Huntress mask and Donkey Jacket were hard to get and should be held as sacred, but me and my potato friends got both pretty easily.

• DeathReaper
    Options

Yeah matching can be a problem but the red pant's of outfits David King has can kinda match.

• Kev19915
    Options
  • DeathReaper
    Options

I also second that I would love a Hollow Blight Feng Min and Legion.

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,659
    Options

I don't think the devs decided to reverse the decision of the release of the event cosmetics for everyone because of 'backlash', but rather because they were able to identify the players that actually earned the cosmetics, but lost them. The purpose of everyone receiving them was (as I believe) only because they couldn't identify the people who actually lost it, but they now have.

• Kev19915
    edited December 2019
    Options

They said the feedback they received caused them to review the unlocking process of the event cosmetics. That is what i read in the release information post.

Post edited by Kev19915 on
  • PrincessPoop
    PrincessPoop Member Posts: 919
    Options

They actually haven’t acknowledged it.

In that thread, peanits explained why they decided not to give out the event cosmetics for FREE, but they haven’t addressed the people asking for BHVR to sell them in the store like all other event cosmetics, or at the very least to allow us to earn them in future rifts.

• DeathReaper
    Options

have the devs said anything about adding the donkey jacket into the store or bringing it back for an event cause I am still waiting.

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,039
    Options

I honestly figured they would he added to a rift tier in a later rift.