The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Spirit and nurse change thoughts

I'm starting with nurse since she seems like the biggest issue to many players. Nurse has been nerfed to two blinks. This is huge for this character and a well deserved nerf. Nurse has always been the best killer if you learn her mechanics and have some read skills. A great nurse was nearly impossible to beat because she ignores all defenses. This change will separate great nurse players from the mediocre. I like the change. I'd prefer if the devs made stealth viable instead but this is ok too.

Now for spirit! I love spirit and she's great. The new changes make her less frustrating to play against which is good. The collision change is amazing. She still has all the power she used to however now you need to read the survivors more. This separates the bad spirit players and will force them to learn predictions. A good change. The vault animation I dislike. It's not the biggest deal but I feel like if you were dumb enough to fall for the cheap trick then you deserved to be hit. (Oh no an opinion) Now for prayer beads. Prayer beads were a bit op. I say a bit because I'm pretty sure grass still moves which makes her trackable. The prayer beads change is good. They can't be used as a crutch now that they're just a worse iridescent button (legion add-on) I like the new prayer beads because since they're new you can take advantage of survivors who don't know about the changes. It forces survivors to take risks. Whether that be assuming she has the beads or not.

I think both reworks were warranted and are good for the game (ง •̀_•́)ง

Comments

• SilentSpectre
    SilentSpectre Member Posts: 830

Making killers harder to properly use =/= good, balanced changes

• Soultiller
    Soultiller Member Posts: 40

Basekit nurse didnt need a nerf.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184
    edited December 2019

Nerfed to two blinks? Take it you mean the extra blink addons but thats not what's upsetting everyone. Taking those out was no problem for the most of us. It's the second cool down to her basekit.

Having to wait every time you use your power breaks the flow of her game play. Chases are a series of she's blinking pause, she's blinking pause. Not very fun when its over and over again. She's not like other killers with cool downs. She needs to blink to move around. Other killers can continue chases while their power recharges or ignore the power entirely. Nurse can only float after survivors.

• woundcowboy
    woundcowboy Member Posts: 1,994

So i’m guessing NOED and Ruin changes would also be “good for the game”.

• coppersly
    coppersly Member Posts: 2,318

The changes they did to Spirit were actually slight changes and they didn't gut what made her fun to play. She still has her map and chase pressure, but they removed an element of it that was seen as mostly unenjoyable. I don't think there are too many people complaining about her base kit changes, they were fairly well done.

Nurse however, lost map and chase pressure, and all the fun elements of her kit. No one enjoys being the slowest killer in the game for upwards of ~40% of the match when you used to use your power for everything. It feels bad and it feels like it was designed by people who have never played her, only against her.

• Alaina
    Alaina Member Posts: 36

I agree but when it comes to the power spirit has she needs to be a difficult killer. Killers with power like that shouldn't be able to stomp with ease. That being said some killers need to be easier to use effectively. Imma use wraith as an example because I play him; mechanically he's easy however it's difficult to use him effectively AND he has little pay off. Killers like that need to be buffed or reworked. I think plague is in the same boat. Spirit was low risk high reward which was fun but broken. These changes make her riskier which balances out the damage she can do. I personally don't think the changes make spirit harder because her base kit stays the same.

• Alaina

I'm need to add that this thread was mostly about spirit. I don't play nurse much so I think I've missed something. Did her fatigue get extended or her speed slowed even more?

• LordRegal
    LordRegal Member Posts: 1,549

She gets a 3 second waiting period to get her blinks back. So before it would be 1 Blink + 2 second fatigue and she'd be good to go, or 2 blinks + 2.5 second fatigue.

Now it's 1 Blink + 2 second fatigue + 1 second wait to get her blink back or 2 Blinks + 2.5 second fatigue + 0.5 second wait for first blink + 3 MORE seconds for 2nd blink.

She's become a blink wait wait killer, and while she can still be effective she's just straight up not FUN anymore.

• immortalls96
    immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652

While I agree with spirit changes you seem to misunderstand peoples frustrations with nurse..in fact..every time I see some ignorant person say "You just want her to be SS tier" I think..um..no..she cant ever be that again due to the addon changes..I just think the killer that carried this game through the dark times deserves to still be fun..despite being difficult like she was before

• Soultiller
    Soultiller Member Posts: 40
    edited December 2019

she now has a blink recharge on top of her fatigue.

Rather than regaining all her blink charges immediately after finishing her fatigue animation, The Nurse now regains 1 blink charge every 3 seconds, starting at the beginning of the fatigue animation. The time can be modified by add-ons.

I don't mind this other part but it dose make good survivors a bit more work to down which is fine.

The Nurse will begin her reappearance approximately 0.3 seconds earlier. This is a visual-only change to ensure that survivors are not blocked or hit by a killer they cannot see.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

They added a cool down everytime you used her blink. Blink once 3 seconds, blink twice 6 seconds. The cool down starts at fatigue. If you begin charging a blink before the cooldown ends you lose that recharge progress. Base speed is still 3.85 m/s.

If you face a Nurse and wonder why she's not blinking as much, there's your answer.

• Alaina

Yeah now I understand the frustration. That's high key awful. Gives me legion vault speed flashbacks lmao! Sucks to see such a great killer get gutted like that

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

I've never cared for Spirit so I won't comment.

Nurse on the other hand I feel was handled improperly. The devs gave her a cool down which disrupted her aggressive play style. Now if you play Nurse without add-ons it's not so fun anymore.

I didn't see any strong evidence that suggested base kit Nurse was a problem, so I have no idea why the devs did what they did.

• adsads123123123123
    adsads123123123123 Member Posts: 1,081
    edited December 2019

The main issue I have with nerf is really just the blink recharge. It is so stupid if your blink is partially recharged like 99%, you lose all that progress if you blink before it fully recharges. Then you have to wait for the whole recharge again.