Can we address the fact that the Adept achievements are close to ######### impossible?

Options

Sure, Oni might be strong but unless you get 4 absolute pepegas, Survivors WILL finish gens without the Ruin and even if you kill all 4 of them, you'll still get gold/silver in Lightbringer category. And lord forbid you stick around the hook for more than 5 bloody seconds, you can't even collect the blood orbs without getting penalized for "proximity to hooked survivors".

Why the ######### are the Killers' Adept requirements so effing nuts? Killing 4 survivors WITHOUT bringing a Mori should be more than enough.

P.S. "Just wait for the rank reset" is a flawed argument.

Comments

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    Options

It's even worse on console where it's really ######### hard to control Oni. His three perks offer no slowdown potential at all. Hell, one of them is a ######### beginner perk. The Adept requirements really need to go back to simply killing all four Survivors. It'd at least make Adept Oni somewhat achievable at higher ranks.

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776
    Options

They should just make it 4 sacrifices (no moris) and make DC's count. The requirement for survivors is just too easy compared to killers', especially for those in red ranks.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    Options

The main reason is because trophies on console are very difficult to change.

An alternative is changing not the achievements directly, but the requirements for "merciless killer". It's not something they're working on right this instant, but it is something that they are hoping to look into in the future.

• TatsuiChiyo
    TatsuiChiyo Member Posts: 686
    Options

Definitely needs a look over on Killer side, much more difficult compared to Survivors. Loaded into a game yesterday as a Oni, barely took two steps before three Survivors DC'd and ten seconds later the last one escaped with the hatch. Endgame showed the escaped Survivor was a Tapp running only the three Tapp perks. Kind of irritating that I lost out on offerings and add one simply because someone wanted a trophy.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,003
    Options

I got old legion's adept and old freddy's adept, legion in red ranks and Freddy at rank 7

They just require you to go full sweat mode

• NoOneEscapesNancy
    NoOneEscapesNancy Member Posts: 204
    Options

Oh my gawsh dude you guys drive me crazy see this is why I don’t play in red ranks cause it’s full of “pRo SuRViVoRs/KiLlErS” and everything is “ImPOsSiBlE” gg noob

see you in the green ranks

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768
    Options

No idea how i'll do my oni adept without the rank reset. Maybe just try and error, again and again.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,643
    Options

"P.S. "Just wait for the rank reset" is a flawed argument."

Not only that, it will not be really different with the new Rank Reset. You need 1 point less for the Double Pip, this is still really hard for most of the Killers.

They really should change Adepts to 4 Sacrifices. I am not doing Killer Adepts, because I simply dont want to spend so much time trying to get them with the current Emblem-System and weaker Killers.

(OR what might help: Give the Killer an Iridescent in Gatekeeper when they manage to kill all Survivors before 5 Gens are done... This might help a lot, since this is usually the most problematic emblem)

• 53nation
    53nation Member Posts: 681
    Options

Question...

If a survivor d/c say 30 sec into a match, can adept still be achieved?

I got adept legion a while back and someone d/c'd. I don't remember exactly at what point during the match. Perhaps if i get the others hooked 9x it'll work?

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318
    Options

One note I have is that hooked survivors giving blood orbs is pretty ridiculous

• ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784
    Options

It's pretty nuts, but at the same time I do weirdly enjoy the challenge.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,832
    Options

The problem with the Adept Achievements isn't just that they require Merciless Killer, but that Merciless Killer becomes more difficult to achieve in multiple ways as players rise in rank. Not only are the survivors more experienced (theoretically), but Iridescent Emblems are also more demanding. Ranking up is a punishment in this game.

I can suck ass as Oni and get the Adept Achievement because I'm sitting in the crap ranks. Is that fair? No. I mean, it works for me, but it's not fair on those who are in higher ranks and actually better at the game.

• WillWolf76
    WillWolf76 Member Posts: 19
    Options

Those who are higher rank got there by learning how to play and getting experienced, unless they camped their way there and now with the new emblem system they can't do it because they lack the skill.

The rank system is meant to filter out those who are really good and allow them to play together so they can have more challenges and fun. If we stopped yellows all day, we would be very bored with the game very quickly.

• switch
    switch Member Posts: 489
    edited December 2019
    Options

Its not the fact that the achievement is hard, some should be hard, but the thing that tilts most of us is: how easy the adept survivors are....

This is another way to show someone, on which side devs are...

IMO: if they require the killer to x2 pip for the adept, they should do the same for survivors, all the same or nothing.

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127
    Options

Preferably just make it so it's consistent with Survivor Adepts.

4k = Adept Achievement earned.

• kisfenkin
    kisfenkin Member Posts: 613
    Options

@Fibijean The trophies were (possibly inadvertently) changed when Plague was released to be this insane because they increased the requirements for killers to get emblems. So, It obviously isn't too hard to do, because I don't believe that they actually touched the trophies themselves, just changed the event in the game that caused the trophies to pop.

SO, if they just changed the event in the game that gives the Merciless, I believe that is what is needed, to award that whenever you get a 4k (including disconnects) well then presto, no need to change the trophy.

• switch
    switch Member Posts: 489
    Options

Agree, they should make it easier, instead of making both of the hard.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    Options

I agree that's what's needed - if you read the thread I linked, you'll see that Almo addressed that idea in their comments as well.

• Gyuki
    Gyuki Member Posts: 18
    Options

I wanna die. Only ruthless :(

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328
    Options

Why was adept requirement changed in the first place?