Survivors, what do you consider to be a win on your side?

Skizor
Skizor Member Posts: 6

I want to talk about game balance and the future health of the game, however to do that. I need to actually get information about what the community actually considers to be a win. I assume the developers will not share what they consider to be a win so I will have to take the community's most agreed definition of a win on both sides.

Survivors, what do you consider to be a win on your side? 106 votes

One survivor escapes
9%
PuggyMohawkNoxeriasTapeKnotDemiurgElkkonchokfly_172Lavalinater9209ZupBearbubbasbasementchest 10 votes
Two survivor escapes
17%
WeederickBlueberryWeepingWallyHoneymoonAgent47Fog_KingTheRockstarKnightFridalmanactoxicmeggSmuggsBunnyoTechnicmrpiesellerBrucecastro81Kongtwenty12[Deleted User]MetamatmemCLAUDETTEINABUSHppo8820PapiQuentin_ 19 votes
Three survivor escapes
36%
Seiko300AjaxGuntersonFibijeanEclipseDarkstardanielbird11arslaNad19970HoodiedCJsDBDArashiNoHantaKarl_ChildersBoosted_Dwightrch614AngryFluffyTaigaPhoxAhoyWolfASAPTurtleCornpopers_Evanmanzari 39 votes
Four survivor escapes
0%
whammigobambam 1 vote
I consider it a win only if I escape
34%
BossGamingZebra88StevoAdelooprojecteulogyCheersnyan_painbowSteenGooierAxX7891_HSboom04_wydyadoitAzurlynxWalker_of_the_fog_96MysticAdvisorAwakeyDr_LoomisWTBaconpichumudkipMrsGhostfaceMattie_MayhemOG 37 votes

Comments

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

Actually BHVR said they consider 2 escape 2 dead the "perfect balance".

I disagree but that's what they said.

• Skizor
    Skizor Member Posts: 6
    Three survivor escapes

Thank you both, I appreciate you letting me know of their definition.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

0/1 escape is a loss, 2 escape is a draw and 3/4 escape is a win.

• Rattman
    Rattman Member Posts: 1,088

I consider win as pip for myself. Not really bothered by such thing as "team win". You probably should add "pip" option for poll.

• dopy
    dopy Member Posts: 11
    it totally depends on the game... normally i would say: i escape with a pip up - thats a win for me... 2 escapes or 3 escapes with a good amount of points like 18-20k+ its a win for the team... but there is this: is the killer facecamping and we just do gens and get out (because thats the "right" thing to do) it doesnt feel like a win and i dont take it as a win... its just a waste of time (play early hour on europe and you will get that feeling a looot, Privet moi druz'ya) - and there is other examples but i think you get the point

• dopy
    dopy Member Posts: 11

woopsi, i have no idea how my text ended that way - sorry me are no forumnative

• ArashiNoHanta
    ArashiNoHanta Member Posts: 53
    Three survivor escapes

Wiser words were never spoken👍️

I agree completely.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

I wanna get out.

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    Three survivor escapes

Technically 2 escaping and 2 deaths is a tie, and according to behaviour that's the perfect balance they're looking for, which I agree with.

So if 2 escapes is a tie then 3 or more escaping is a "win" for the survivor team.

But if I escape I really don't care how many of my team comes with me, sure I'll try and help them out because helping them helps me out, (and I also get bloodpoints for helping them out) but at the end of the day DBD is almost an inherently selfish game. At the very least for solo players anyway (which I am most of the time)

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

If I had been transported to a sinister world with three strangers whilst being hunted by a bloodthirsty killer...then only win would be myself surviving and getting home. 🤷‍♂️

• projecteulogy
    projecteulogy Member Posts: 671

I dont SWF. So its only a win if i escape, or if I had more points than the killer when the game's over.

• Nyaren_Chan
    Nyaren_Chan Member Posts: 243
    edited December 2019
    Three survivor escapes

As said before, if a killer gets only 1K, he "lost". If he got 2K, it's a tie. If he got a 3K, it's a victory.

The thing being if you are the only one escaping, you will feel like it is a victory for you, and not for the killer.

Then again even if i lose i am very happy if i managed to do well for a long time, saving people and healing them, escaping the killer, doing gens etc..

• premiumRICE
    premiumRICE Member Posts: 798

If I pip

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

@dopy I actually would count that as win as you were able to punish the killer for bad play. And being the one on the hook I would even call it a win if I see the team escaping. That's why I hate when survivors camp the hook the same way the killer does

@ArashiNoHanta @Fibijean That's why I would rethink the ranking emblems and add something like Teamplay. Actually teamplay slows you in your emblems, because you just get 50% emblem progress from the gens and the heals. Which is pretty stupid, as the bloodpoints reward you with a boost. And if the team plays selfish, it normally screws up the team, except you have some clear roles in the team (one is a good looper, at least one needs to stay on gens to avoid snowballs and keep the progress running, one of the guys running We'll make it to save time on healing etc.)

• DeKillerKiller
    DeKillerKiller Member Posts: 547

If there no option for "I had fun"? Because I don't care if I escape or don't escape. As long as I had fun, I won.

But if that's the case, this is my vote.

• Kongtwenty12
    Kongtwenty12 Member Posts: 140
    Two survivor escapes

For the most part I consider two or more escaping a win but I also count myself escaping as a win. But to be fair I refuse to leave people behind unless I'm the last person unhooked and already Injured

• Kongtwenty12
    Kongtwenty12 Member Posts: 140
    Two survivor escapes

@Dr_Loomis who says you get to go home? The entity doesn't release survivors when they escape. You just escape to a different trial

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

Maybe, but if I was trapped in a strange horrific world, I would be hoping that the next exit is the way home, like Quantum Leap.

• wydyadoit
    wydyadoit Member Posts: 1,145

for me - i have to escape AND i have to have earned at least 1 pip. Winning for me isn't about how many simpletons manage to limp through the doors. what matters to me is did i outlast my opponent and did I do enough to rank up. that's what makes a win in my eyes.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,017
    Three survivor escapes

Wish we had an Other option

As long as all my teammates get out I am fine

• konchok
    konchok Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,719
    edited December 2019
    One survivor escapes

One survivor escapes + all gens getting completed is a win. If the gens are not completed a hatch escape is not a win.

• EnderloganYT
    EnderloganYT Member Posts: 621

If I pip.

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145

Well, am I in SWF or not?

• Walker_of_the_fog_96
    Walker_of_the_fog_96 Member Posts: 1,238

If i escape i win

if I die I lose

that's it.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,118

If I'm playing survivor and the other survivors were dicks that either got me killed or let me die, then a win for me is watching them die, too.

I dunno, I find it difficult to classify a "win" when I play survivor. Either I had fun or I didn't. There are a lot of reasons I might not have fun: I got tunneled out and didn't get to participate, my teammates were garbage, the killer was a potato. I mean, if all four survivors escape, that usually means the killer was in over their head and presented little to no challenge; that's boring and doesn't feel like an earned win. If I escape through the hatch, I may have had fun, but that's not a "win," either. If three survivors escaped but one died in the exit gate because the healthy Claudette ran out and didn't body block like the rest of us did, then that feels like a loss because it was an easily preventable death. This game is complicated.

Even as killer, a "win" is often "killing the survivor(s) who annoyed me most." Potatoes dying isn't rewarding.

Oh, universally, whether survivor or killer, I almost always consider it a win if I got the most Bloodpoints. Whether I escaped or died or 4k'ed or let all the survivors go, getting the most Bloodpoints = win.

• Cornpopers_Evan
    Cornpopers_Evan Member Posts: 2,428
    Three survivor escapes

Absolutely nailed it on the head, couldn't have said it better myself.

• GamingZebra88
    GamingZebra88 Member Posts: 31

Personally I find it to be more about yourself and your own performance as survivor. Like some others have said, pipping is a good indicator sometimes of how well you did. If I'm playing with friends then getting at least one of us out is good enough if we have to make sacrifices.

• ppo8820
    ppo8820 Member Posts: 763
    Two survivor escapes

I honestly don’t care about escaping but more pipping. I like to have fun and be able to participate and do some objectives. Sadly, lately killers are super toxic try hards who tunnel, camp, bring in dirty builds, so it’s not been fun. I’ve been playing killer which is so much easier.

• HayT
    HayT Member Posts: 6
    edited December 2019
    Three survivor escapes

I consider myself to be a winner if I die and still get a pip 😅

• Halloween2005
    Halloween2005 Member Posts: 73
    Three survivor escapes

I consider 3 or more survivors escape to be a win for me but I love the satisfaction of getting yourself out through the hatch or even 4 out with the key. Three is good enough for me though

• PapiQuentin_
    PapiQuentin_ Member Posts: 889
    Two survivor escapes

I always find the balanced way a win (2 escaped, 2 dead).

Basically a win win for both sides (other than the 2 that died lol)

• Gibberish
    Gibberish Member Posts: 1,061

None of the above.

I consider escaping to be a "perfect". The equivalent of the Killer killing all 4 Survivors with no gens completed.

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632

I actually don't consider either of these a win. To me a survivor victory is single-pipping and getting at least 15K BP.

• sneakymeghead
    sneakymeghead Member Posts: 32

4 WGLF stacks and few head-on stuns :)

• karatinac97
    karatinac97 Member Posts: 210

Same, I don't really care as long as I pip. Safety pip is an okay match but pip is a win.

If I went into every game expecting to escape I'd take it far more seriously like I used to, but I learned to just have fun and enjoy it far more now.