The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

So yeah this Oni character..

When i first started playing DBD 3 years ago this gake was terrifying i didnt know running left a trail behind i started with 0 items perks or knowlegde to what i was getting into as mainly a survivor. Years have past since then and the fear had depleted. The last time i felt dread was hearing the plague consumption ding go off and that was like what 3 or 4 chapters ago? Now we have this Oni character and I got to say his design is the least terrifying thing I've ever seen in this game and its quite a big disappointment. I cant be the only one thinking this right?

Comments

• FlanGodFlame
    FlanGodFlame Member Posts: 37

He looks like he belongs in tekken or soul calibur.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

It's a similar issue to Demo, every single thing he does has a large map wide telegraph so you know exactly where he's at and what he's doing. You aren't gonna get snuck up on or surprised that he's in demon form. They give too much information freely to the survivors and that lowers the fear factor. That and just that most killers are weak, that hurts the scare factor as well.

• yoi
    yoi Member Posts: 338

For me she Is scary the axes hitboxes terrifys me greatly.

• justaSpirit_phase
    justaSpirit_phase Member Posts: 142

Tbh if you know her lore she’s trying to be unthreatening since she would lure children and steal them, but not know how to care for them so they’d die anyways :/

• Amber351
    Amber351 Member Posts: 33

The sad part about video game horror is that once the initial shock factor and mechanics are mastered, you become less scared. There's a lot of honourable mentions that achieve some unpredictably, but once it becomes predictable the fun people find in horror is gone. Except when it's a stealth character, then I always get scared the crap out of!

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 1,998

I couldn't disagree more, though it seems with every killer there's going to be at least someone who says it isn't scary to them.

But like Spaz and Boss said... how is the Huntress scary? Unless you have some special phobia of clowns, how is the Clown even remotely scary? I think Oni is just about objectively more intimidating than either of them.

If a giant Samurai in an Oni mask was charging toward you one night, that would be terrifying. The Clown is just a fat guy in makeup, the Huntress is just a tall lady with a rabbit mask.

• dannynel477
    dannynel477 Member Posts: 9

I find him terrifying(probably cause I've encountered him only 2 times) but I still dont like the way he charges, that gets me. Thankfully I've already figured out how to counter the Oni and I've not been hooked so far against the Oni. Pig still gets me even when I know where she is, Spirit is still scary because I dont know how to counter and she kinda just is, Michael Myers, the Hag only surprises me for awhile a little scared too, then for Demogorgon, all of them always know what to do which actually scares me because I just all of a sudden see him in my face. But Oni still terrifying even when he isn't raged.

• Valkiree
    Valkiree Member Posts: 3

Honestly, the Oni was...disappointing to begin with

• tylerlogsdon1
    tylerlogsdon1 Member Posts: 158

The original killers are in my opinion the only scary ones. The hag isn't scary after the first time you trip a trap, huntress is creepy and I like that

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

No killer in this game is terrifying but at least the stealth killers can give you some jumpscares. Would be cool if the next killer would be a stealthy one again.

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

I think he's really scary.

• Iceman
    Iceman Member Posts: 1,457

I think it has to do with the atmosphere of the game. The atmosphere in the early dbd prototypes looks way more scarier and I’m pretty sure I would be more terrified of the killers. Especially stealth killers.

• Negan4891
    Negan4891 Member Posts: 53

The huntress isnt scary at all. I think shes the most sexy killer on that game. But i havent went against the plauge or oni yet. So idk. So idk

• FlanGodFlame

I dont see it, even his atmoshpere i just dont find fear inducing what so ever.

• FlanGodFlame

His design not scary, cosmetics barely giving him any fear factor. His actions in game aside from his mori dont match with a blood thirsty demon of a samurai (have you seen how gently he places people on hooks?). His sounds honestly feels like im just going up against the Demagorgon and we all know froggy boy isnt scary. The only thing scary about him at this point is the unnatural amounts of lag and frame skips that occur to me and other survivors when he starts naruto dashing across the map. Im sorry to those of you that enjoy everything about him I just dont see anything appealing and I stand by my opinion that the devs shouldve have moved forward instead of going back to chapter nine to give a mask a body ¯\_(' ¬')_/¯

• LlamaArmour
    LlamaArmour Member Posts: 75

If you think Oni is above Nurse, then who are your top 5 killers?

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

Oni just wants to get rid of fake samurai. He's honorable but has a few anger issues.

Offer him some sake and do gens while he's relaxing. Ez game.