The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

An Observation on The New Legion Changes(Not A Complaint)

So I was watching Monto's latest vid with Legion and he was showcasing a really good build that I haven't tried yet because I don't have those perks. In his second match I noticed something that wasn't possible before the recent Legion changes, at some point in the match he hits a Meg then runs up and hits a Feng, then Nea, then actually sees the 1st Meg he hit show up on Killer Instinct because she had already Mended; as a side note because she showed up in Killer Instinct Monto was able to apply the poorly designed Pin on her. This would not have been possible on Legion before these recent changes and because the Pins are poorly designed they actually work with the decreased Mend timer. Now you can say that means the Pins aren't poorly designed but just because they work together doesn't mean they're good.

I'm not saying these changes are good but it was something I observed and it was neat to see something like this because it wouldn't have been a thing before these changes. Unless, this was something that could have happened before these changes but it wasn't common, I never saw this in my games as either Killer or Survivor.

Legion still needs buffs, please Devs, please give Legion some real attention <3

Comments

• PistolTimb
    PistolTimb Member Posts: 1,413

The devs know legion is in a rough spot right now. Hopefully they're planning on giving him a full Freddy type rework, with a complete overhaul of Feral Frenzy, and hopefully doing away with deep wounds in favor of something else.

• reworkstabbyteens
    reworkstabbyteens Member Posts: 19

Wym the pins are poorly designed they are really good

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,044

The Pins are a replacement for Sloppy Butcher, at least the yellow one. I would be happy if they would apply their Status effect on all Frenzy Hits and not only on those visible with Killer Instinct.

@Topic:

But overall, I had some good games with Legion. It is not easy at all, and I am pretty sure that I would have gotten a 4K with other Killers as well and probably quicker, but they dont look that bad (talking about Purple Ranks atm).

Currently using the yellow Pin and yellow Duration Add On. The Pins are better, but still, when using them, it gets rid of another, useful Add-On, because you only can take one Add On for Duration or Cooldown Reduction when using a Pin.

The movement feels really nice, plus on that side. Cooldown should be reduced a little bit, it is still really painful. Maybe I will equip Enduring to force Pallet Stuns so that I dont have to go through this long Cooldown.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

Legions speed is a decent buff... but the negatives outweigh the positives in my opinion. I'm just going to leave a quote of something I posted a few days ago because I don't want to repeat myself... This is my opinion on new Legion.

That Legion now is better than previous Legion.

The changes to the DW completely overshadow the speed changes. Seperate them, and they don't seem like a fair comparison. Legion being faster should be a good change, especially at the small cost of mending times...

...but mending is Legion's only stalling mechanism on the basekit. Sure, 20 seconds mending (maximum with both blades pre change) may have been a bit much, but those addons together abandon the utility of others, like the Sketchbook's extra range or the Iri button's information + utility. It sacrifices a better Legion for a gimmick. And this gimmick is what the Dev's used to justify this first change. That and they wanted to buff BT. Two weak reasons by themselves.

The second DW change is a bit more... reactionary... I'm of course referring to the DW timer not going down while running change. This is due to them not testing Nemesis or BOP with Legion. I thought it would be a wonderful addition. It would punish survivors for doing two things:

1. Pallet stunning a frenzied Legion. This is already a bad idea since legion's stun from Frenzy is longer than a pallet stun. Nemesis just punishes them further. They fully deserve that countdown. Heck, right now, DW is worse than Pig's RBTs.
    2. Drawing out a chase with a Legion. It punishes survivors for giving Legion the Frenzy hit on them, then continuing to be chased for a long period of time... even though it's disadvantageous for them to wait out the timer. I get this isn't fun, but survivors keep wanting Legion Nerfed, even though they are terrible. Unfortunately, they need something to be better, and since you survivor mains all still want basekit to be bad, then Legion should get these perks as compensation. However, this is also a shadow buff to BT, since now their timer goes on forever if they keep running...

I know my opinion on these changes are... controversial... but I as a R1 P3 Legion know exactly how limited Legion is, and that survivor mains want to keep them that way.

Then you put these changes in context to higher ranks. The shorter mending time allows survivors to be on gens for longer, meaning more pressure for the Legion player, and it causing more problems for them in the long run.

I didn't mention the changes to on hit perks on Legion, but they're mainly small in scope. It means you can keep stacks if you Frenzy the Obsession with STBFL, but it was never the perfect perk for them anyway. Sure, you can't apply Third Seal or Sloppy on Frenzy hit, but you can still apply it with the second hit. It just means it takes slightly more time.... and makes the button changes relevant.

The button changes were meh to begin with. Blindness for Legion is worthless. Hemorhage on Legion is pointless since blood (like scratches) is removed from the map when they frenzy, and Broken has such a small impact that you'd be better with other addons.

Iri Button is still the best addon, with either ruler or Sketchbook addons. They buffed the Mischief list, but it so small a buff it doesn't matter. Same with Sketchbook but Sketchbook was good before. IDK why they nerfed Mural sketch, it's not a good addon to begin with...

Overall... Legion got hit hard because of beHavior's poor planning with the Oblivious perks.

TL:DR: The buffs to Legion's speed and addons are completely overshadowed by the DW changes and changes to his Frenzy hit categorization.