ONI is not playable on console

Options

I wonder if they test him out on console because it is just unfun (to be very nice) to play him on console. I'd heard about it before but bought him anyway to test. I wish I could have my money back... he's not a console friendly killer. Is there anything that I can do to make my experience not that bad?

Comments

• Jesya
    Jesya Member Posts: 1,101
    Options

I play on console... I am having a difficult time with him but he is def. not unplayable. It's me because I am bad. Just gotta practice and get better.

I've encountered quite a few good oni's while playing survivor.

• ruler33
    ruler33 Member Posts: 244
    Options

he's good on console man trust me he just takes some time to learn how to play. I actually just got to rank one by only playing oni yesterday.

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920
    Options

Most of my games against him end with us all being dead and he doesn't even have max level perks yet. Some people on console are using him successfully.

• xllxENIGMAxllx
    xllxENIGMAxllx Member Posts: 923
    Options

Same i 4k 95% of my games with him he is very strong. I slug a lot with him.

• Artyomich
    Artyomich Member Posts: 281
    Options

I play a lot of Apex legends on Console and TC reminds me of those dudes that somehow got 100-200 damage while the rest of his team got 2000+ and won the match.

Git Gud.

• Pokerface303
    Pokerface303 Member Posts: 110
    Options

Op is over reacting when he says Oni is unplayable on console but he is worse. It has nothing too do with skill either. Console just dose not have the flick. No amount of skill will allow you to flick like you do on pc and that's where the problem lies.

• yandere777
    yandere777 Member Posts: 728
    Options

But even that flick is unintended. The devs are gonna nerf that soon with a hotfix. Unless it already happened and im not aware

• Ireath
    Ireath Member Posts: 91
    Options

You just have to play him differently on console I guess. I agree that he is worse on console but so are most of the killers.

Posts like this pop up every time a new killer comes out. People aren't taking the time to learn the best way to play them on console imo.

• John_Doe
    John_Doe Member Posts: 236
    Options

There needs to be a sensitivity buff on console(won't happen, we've been asking for 2 and a half years). On pc you can rotate around corners after a demon dash(90 degree +) and on console you can barely turn 45 degree after demon dash.

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    Options

Agreed, at first he felt weird to play but it took a little getting used to. I'm still having trouble trying to flick cause I've heard it possible on console, just harder, but he's been super fun!

• John_Doe
    John_Doe Member Posts: 236
    Options

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRm4Cu1WpCE Found this video on YouTube for the PC players who think its an over reaction. Go to 5:00 to see.

• Pokerface303
    Pokerface303 Member Posts: 110
    Options

They are fixing the issue where you can use both your mouse and Q and E to get basically flick twice as much so your able to do a 180 degree flick. Once they fix that you will still be able to do a 90 degree flick which you can't do on console at all do to sensitivity.

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145
    Options

He's definitely more difficult on console, but not unplayable. Don't expect to matter a killer the second you pick them up.

• beck__
    beck__ Member Posts: 25
    Options

main issue on console with Oni is trying to demon strike out of charge round a bend. I believe its supposed to be able to rotate around 90 degrees before it strikes, however on console the controller sensitivity set to max only allows around 45 degrees (or at least not close to the intended 90).

It means when charging towards a survivor that rounds a bend, you usually have to cancel charge and chase, then demon strike. This means its not as easy to chain downs like on PC.

They have spoken about giving consoles more sensitivity options which may resolve this but I would hope they just add a specific console change to this manoeuvre so it has inbuilt increased sensitivity which allows 90 degree hits out of charge.