The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

2 Sacrafices in End Game Collapse...

This is the only time I've had to be very toxic and play very silly to get a challenge done. The way I see it, this wasn't fun for anyone. It took only 3 tries, as most of these challenges do (Max, for me at least. I get a lot done in one game if it's possible). Here's how it went:

I played against ranks 5-9 every game. I started some games with a realm offering for the new map because it's a great Trapper map and it's weighted already over the others in the realm. Almost guaranteed. I'd game darkened traps to make my job easy. If I was playing normally, it would've been easy wins with how quick I was getting hooks. But, can I kill the survivors quickly? No! I need to SACRAFICE TWO DURING END GAME COLLAPSE WITH NOED! How do I do that? Here's how:

Hook everyone twice and slug like a complete dickhead! In one lucky game, I had two on death hook slugged for a while near a gate. I was hoping the generators would get done quick. They did not. It took several minutes for the last one to complete. I was literally camping slugged people... Ugh. The goal was to not show people I had NOED. If the people are slugged before the gens are popped, then they don't know I have NOED. They only know with my first hit after gens are powered. I had to open a gate manually and hook the survivors. Oh fun, one had adrenaline. The other used Unbreakable. I ended up getting it done thanks to epic trap placements... But Jesus it was toxic and I feel bad.

Comments

• Spooky13
    Spooky13 Member Posts: 1,471

Yeah, this challenged sucked playing. I ended up going in as Wraith with NOED, Blood Warden, BBQ, and Devour Hope. I ended up just camping a gate when two were injured, preventing them from running out, and the EGC timer ran out, sacrificing both of them. The match was horrible and I had no fun doing it.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

I had to facecamp a guy on his first hook for this challenge. Hooked his teammate that was on death hook to activate BW, and then downed him with NOED. His other two teammates came and tried to rescue him, saw I was facecamping, realised they had no choice and left him to die.

I felt terrible. I tried to apologise to him after the game and explain that it was for the challenge, fully expecting him to be salty about it, but he just said it was all good and he totally understood, and even said it was his fault for being cocky. Him repaying my bad manners with completely undeserved kindness totally made my day 😊

• FearlessHunter
    FearlessHunter Member Posts: 530

I felt awful doing this challenge. I was honestly expecting tons of hate comments but they were chilled and understood.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

I went in with deerstalker. Just killed the first two like normal then let the two remaining finish the gens. Popped tier 3 and downed them both, opened the door and hooked them.

Pretty comfy if you're in a game where you're stomping.

• Nataku
    Nataku Member Posts: 33

Completed this challenge on first try.

Here's how i proceded :

Picked trapper with these perks : deerstalker (because of addons), noed, chili and bloodwarden

Took these addons : trapper bag + honing stone.

Map was haddonfield, not the best map for trapper but it worked !

Played fair, hooked 2 survivors 1 time, the 2 others 2 times, at mid game (2 or 3 gens done) started to move all traps around a gate and placed last trap in front of the 2nd gate lever. Once they completed the 5 gens, everyone was alive, was patrolling around the gate with trap in front of lever, catched someone, was very lucky because survivors opened the other gate (if they did not i would go for it and open it myself). Hooked the downed survivor then bloodwarden triggered, saw two survivors near the opened gate. I got 1 easely and hooked him, he died, another survivor walked into a trap. He got downed because of honing stone. Found it quick with deerstalker. Hooked him too and he died. Last survivor escaped.

Didnt have to slug the whole team to do the challenge. Didnt felt being toxic, noed can be countered easely, it's not that hard to break 5 totems ^^

But i agree this challenge can encourage slugging and dirty play (i'm playing survivor side too) but the way you do it is totally up to you !!! Nobody forces you to slug the whole team, you can do it with the surprise effect of bloodwarden ^^

For me this challenger is too random/luck based.

• Nataku
    Nataku Member Posts: 33
    edited December 2019

Though it would take multiple games to complete this challenge but i did it on my first try.

Here's how it went :

Played with the trapper with these perks : deerstalker (because of addons), NOED, chili & bbq, bloodwarden.

Took this addons : trapper bag and honing stone.

No offering, the map was Haddonfield (random) not the best map for trapper but it worked!

Played the game normally, hooked 2 survivors 1 time and the 2 others 2 times (Did not kill anyone before EGC because 4 survivors alive at the end = more chance to meet one), didnt camp or slug anyone during the game. At mid game (2 - 3 gens done), started to move all my traps except one around the first door (choosed the one that got most grass around it), i kept a last trap and i've set it in front of the second door lever. When the 5th generator was done, was patrolling between the gates, found someone trying to disarm my trap at door with trapped lever. instantly downed him with noed. Was lucky because the others survivors opened the other door. Picked him and hooked him so it triggered bloodwarden. The 3 survivors were at the gate where there was all my traps around in the grass. One survivor walked into a trap and tryed to escape himself so he was downed because of honing stone. Saw another survivor aura with bloodwarden, got him fast with noed. Hooked him, then i hooked the survivor that escaped of trap (found it instantly with deerstalker). Last survivor was hidding around and escaped.

I did not feel being "toxic" for playing this way, NOED can be countered easely (not that hard to break 5 totems). I gambled on the surprise effect of bloodwarden perk and traps luck to expect complete this challenge.

But i agree (i play both sides surv and killer) this challenge can encourage dirty play / slugging but don't forget that the way you play it is totally up to you !!! Nobody forces you to slug the whole team or camp someone.

• kcwolf1975
    kcwolf1975 Member Posts: 651

I played as wraith with the cloaked speed add on and bitter murmur and rancor. Spent most of the match in chases eating pallets so they would be out of the way. As luck would have it I hooked one and then the final gen popped and bitter murmur showed me two survivors right by me. Downed them quick so I ended up sacrificing 3 during egc. Last survivor didn't want any part of it and left thru a gate.

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556

I know the feeling...

I wanted to use bloodwarden (for obvious reasons) but freddy is the only killer I have with it. (Having remember me was a big plus aswell)

And it took me 3 tries. Why?

Because on the first try, I left 2 survivors alive. (Was gonna be 3, but I got confused on how many times I hooked the guy).

So I open the door manually and hook the guy that was down, he dies because it was his 3rd hook. And then the other guy gets hatch, obviously. *insert facepalm

The second game, still 2 guys alive (because I'm stupid, and decided 2 was fine since I knew where the hatch was and didn't want to slug). They 3 gen'd themselves. And where not getting progress done. So I literally went to the corner of the map and stared at the wall... they dc'd after a few minutes. Looooooooong few minutes.

The third game, I stopped caring about leaving people slugged, so I slugged the 3rd to last guy and waited. Last gen was done, I opened the door and hooked him. Then I saw the aura of one of the last 2 inside the exit gate I opened. (I assume he forgot bloodwarden let's me see it...) so it was an easy down with noed. Hooked him and realized he was on his 1st hook still. So I proxy-camped him until he died. And then apologized for it after the match.

• S_Panda
    S_Panda Member Posts: 539

For mine I took a match I was dominating in as clown: 2 gens remaining with 2 people dead and the other 2 were hooked at least once each. I downed one person and brought them to a gen and whacked it. Found the hatch and opened nearest locker dragging out my remaining guy and brought him to that gen. they took the hint and finished that gen + rushed to another that was near the gate / hatch. soon as gen finished I whacked the first person then took the locker guy to the nearest hook after opening gate. then took the other person to the next hook and challenge done. they were good sports and glad they got the extra objective points from 2 coop gens anywho.

• FluorescentLemon
    FluorescentLemon Member Posts: 257
    edited December 2019

First two tries I played too hardcore and ended up not getting it. Third try I got Haddonfield, which is a bad map in its own right but perfect for the Survivors to get ######### done. Had to eliminate one player early to encourage them to work the gens faster. Exit gates get opened and I start sweating because the last three are in a good position to escape. I hit one with NOED, one escapes, and the other comes back with a flashlight for the save but can't aim for ######### so I hook his friend. He goes to escape the match realizing I'm gonna use NOED on him but I have Blood Warden so he can't get away. Then it's a cat and mouse until eventually the EGC kills him for me. Got the challenge done and took a shower after to clean myself of that debacle.