The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Matchmaking is going strange these days.

G2XD
G2XD Member Posts: 3
First let me thank you for borrowing time to read my opinion about some problems in the dbd's matchmaking (sorry for my errors in english). Second i really think that these problems are, most of the time, my fault or something. So, let's get into this.
 I'm not a really old player (started playing two days ago), but in my opinion there are some problems with the matchmaking because even though i probably played just 7 hours, i still have difficulties with finding the good matches (the ones that me as a killer and the survivors have difficulty, but whoever loses still enjoyed the match). I don't know if it really is my problem, for not being ready to go in a match just having a total of 4 hours and a killer rank of 15 against a team  with a rank 2 survivor (that almost carried them) and a rank 18 that was really lost. it was really sad to lose that match because i was completely stomped.
 I still think that it was because the event was still ongoing or my lack of hours (or even because my favorite character only has some medium quality perks that belongs to him and i'm gonna have to upgrade the other characters even though i don't play the ones with great perks). 
Anyway, i just want some explanations about the matchmaking and why the great perks doesn't have some kind of better acquisition, than having to spend tons of bloodpoints in bloodwebs that if you don't play with that character it's almost like bloodpoints going to trash (the shrine of secrets don't really help with those big costs of iridescent shard).

Ps: the name that isn't in orange is mine

Comments

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

High ranks playing with low ranked friends will do this. I'm always rank 1 survivor, but my friends are mostly low ranks. Rank is typically an arbitrary, though, but it can have an impact regarding certain survivors. You should try to break off and kill the weaker people.

Despite what you think, a single survivor generally can't carry a game unless you tunnel them and get run around the entire match. You'll need want to get Hex: Ruin when you can, since it's a pretty integral killer perk nowadays.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

Yea I had a game earlier against a rank 16 Myers. I'm rank 1 surv, and the other survivors were like 12, 16 and 18. I was solo, made no sense. Also the Myers used a purple mist which made no sense to me until I saw his rank.

• slingshotsurvivor
    slingshotsurvivor Member Posts: 943
    Yup! I've been thrown in with folks and not sure why other than the lobby taking 40 min to find another player. In those cases I'm OK as I at least get to play but more often than not it isn't to my advantage. 
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

Thats just another SWF, they group up with low rank such that they can bully low rank killers.
    Sadly its a common thing now because devs dont do anythign agianst it

• Crusher
    Crusher Member Posts: 45
    edited August 2018

@Eninya said:
    High ranks playing with low ranked friends will do this. I'm always rank 1 survivor, but my friends are mostly low ranks. Rank is typically an arbitrary, though, but it can have an impact regarding certain survivors. You should try to break off and kill the weaker people.

Despite what you think, a single survivor generally can't carry a game unless you tunnel them and get run around the entire match. You'll need want to get Hex: Ruin when you can, since it's a pretty integral killer perk nowadays.

Meh Hex ruin is a gamble.... honestly, if u dont put them pressure u screwed. Like for example if survivor is good and u notice that after 20-30 seconds of chase, break from him and go for another, also when u hook some one, down them again but no need to hook, so one of their friends comes back to revive the dude, that less a hand on generator. You rly need keep staying behinde them right of the batt, otherwise you literaly screw with Gen rush and hex ruin like i mention is literaly a gamble most of the times at survivors side than killers, why? because it mostly respawns close to them or a generator trololol

• will_i_am_14_85
    will_i_am_14_85 Member Posts: 489

Don't worry, it happens all the time, and what will eventually put people off playing killer altogether. It's funny how you can have a really bad game only to realise why in the post-game board, filled with high ranks against my rank 13 killer.

It's really demoralizing if you are trying to play different killers, or just new to the game in general.

• Tizzle
    Tizzle Member Posts: 696

I played a game yesterday at Rank 1 with the three other Survivors at Rank 20 and the Killer at Rank 20 also.

Haven't seen that happen in a long time.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

@Master said:
    Thats just another SWF, they group up with low rank such that they can bully low rank killers.

Not always. Sometimes people just want to play together.

• G2XD
    G2XD Member Posts: 3
    Eninya said:

i know that rank is just a "symbol" and a reward for playing a lot of hours to get better and i like it. But i still think that if they are going to put a rank system (that usually is meant to be a way to classify players so they can play with people at their skill level) why don't make a casual system, a type of match that you can test builds and characters without having to worry about the rank (so the casual match you could play SWF and KWF, but the rank match you can only play alone or even duo).
    Anyway, the worst part is the perk system that takes hours of grind to get some great perks, and for some of them you still have to pay real money.
    Thank you for the attention and sorry for my awful english

Ps: everything that i know is from ps4 and some friends that play on pc 
    (I hope that all of these problems are all my fault for playing on ps4 and that the pc's version is best).
  • EqMonkVeeshan
    EqMonkVeeshan Member Posts: 416
    edited August 2018

they need to fix match making so the killers rank is the same rank as the highest ranking survivor. so if you're in a SWF group and you're playing with a rank 2 survivor you should get a rank 2 killer not a rank 20. sadly right now rank 20 killer lobbies for a few friends who recently joined the game is taking 35 to 50 mins to get a single lobby. why because a high rank survivor can easily bully a new to the game killer. and quickly help rank 20 survivors rank out of range rather quickly. leaving no one in them ranks for these killers to go against.

In fact with the way things are right now, a friend I just bought the game for two days ago literally said he was requesting a refund because after waiting for 50 mins to get one lobby. then playing the match to see a rank 2 a rank 4 and a rank 15 with a rank 20 was not his idea of a fun. I mean who can blame him, the 50 mins alone would be enough to make most request a refund. lucky for him he only wanted to play killer so he was able to get the refund. I just suggested he leave a review of the game. to let others know what to expect.

yes of course rank means nothing we all know this, but for match making its preventing people from getting matches. so they need to make it so the killer in matches match the highest rank of survivor in the match. after all it be a lot harder for a rank 20 survivor to rank up against a rank 2 killer. leaving that survivor still in the pool of them rank 20 killers he should be going against.

• Master
    Milo said:

@Master said:

Not always. Sometimes people just want to play together.

Doesn't change the fact that the high ranks survivor will bully the killer, no sign of chill mode because playing at low ranks...M at least from my experience it ends with the heavy looping and tbaggin clicking in order to bait the killer

If the low rank killer falls for that and doesn't tunnel the weak guy..... well
  • LordMeg
    LordMeg Member Posts: 2
    That's a glitch. I don't now if it work's on pc but it work's on ps4
  • Master

@LordMeg said:

Thats not a glitch, its called SWF and its an intended feature (sadly)

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    Played a game where the highest rank on survivor side was rank 6 with lowest being rank 16, yet killer was rank 2.

🤷‍♂️
  • LordMeg
    LordMeg Member Posts: 2
    Master said:

@LordMeg said:

Thats not a glitch, its called SWF and its an intended feature (sadly)

It's a glitch dummy u are rank 1 but u look like 20