Thought on NOED?

GT_Legend2
GT_Legend2 Member Posts: 845
edited August 2018 in General Discussions
Do you guys think it’s a crutch perk, or do you think it’s fine as it is because it can be destroyed before it even sees use?

Maybe it can be changed so that the exposed status effect does not apply if X amount of sacrifices have occurred before the exit gates have been powered 

Comments

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

I think its the only reliable counter against genrush.
    If survivors dont genrush, they wont even notice theres been NOED.

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258

@GT_Legend2 said:
    Do you guys think it’s a crutch perk, or do you think it’s fine as it is because it can be destroyed before it even sees use?

Maybe it can be changed so that the exposed status effect does not apply if X amount of sacrifices have occurred before the exit gates have been powered 

I think it is weak, and not even worth using.

• I really personally don't like NoEd yet with the poor map design and the killers I play are very loopable. I run it around rank 8-1 due to the fact no one waste time at that rank. Every second is not wasted for high rank survivor mains. High rank survivors will waste your time. I know this personally as a high rank survivor. There's two kinds, ninjas and altruistic survivors. The ninjas usually wait until someone is in a chase or the heartbeat is gone and the altruistic ones do not care since they know windows are still good and pallets are still very useful.. Either way, once the go ahead is cleared, that gen is getting pounded harder than a lady of the night( thank you misses).

This is a prime example why you run noed at high ranks( this was before the major pallet changes.

https://youtu.be/PVFEm7SXYUc

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

NOED. A great perk. There isn't really any more to say :)

• Venom_91
    Venom_91 Member Posts: 13

I think NOED it's fine if survs use DS.. If DS had not existed, NOED would be unbalanced.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Love it, feels like i'm fighting a boss battle that gets stronger as progression is made. (Which also makes me wish Fire Up was so much better.)
    Besides, if you just took a few seconds to cleanse a Dull Totem if you see one, the Perk and its threat is nonexistant.

• GT_Legend2
    @Boss yeah, even at end game it reminds survivors WHO should be in power
  • RuneStarr
    RuneStarr Member Posts: 850

Its fine imo. Tbh if I go against an M1 killer I just clear all the totems because I expect it. Usually only get caught off guard by a Myers running it.

Now if it was back in the non-hex unlimited days, I'd agree it needs a change, but it's fine as is. People just cry about it because they latch onto any excuse for losing besides their own misplays (OP, crutch, wahhh).

• Touken
    Touken Member Posts: 66
    To me its is a clutch perk because if the killer was bad and could only hit a survivor once then they get a chance to get a survivor, so yea its a clutch perk
  • Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835

My solution has always been vs anything but top 3 killers to always expect NOED and cleanse totems.

• shadowsfall42
    shadowsfall42 Member Posts: 201

It's the Killers Equivalent to Decisive strike. It allows a bad player to get more than they deserve. DS nullifies getting caught and NOED allows a killer to get kills even though they couldn't otherwise.

• Master

@Touken said:
    To me its is a clutch perk because if the killer was bad and could only hit a survivor once then they get a chance to get a survivor, so yea its a clutch perk

Theoretically I agree. However gerush happens not because the killer is bad, it happens because survivor decide to do it.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

It's a good perk for punishing cocky Survivors who don't leave as soon as they can. It puts the fear of the Entity in them, and that's a good thing.

• Touken
    Touken Member Posts: 66
    edited August 2018
    Master said:

@Touken said:

Theoretically I agree. However gerush happens not because the killer is bad, it happens because survivor decide to do it.

The only way they can nerf supposedly "gen rush" is by lowering the progress you get from skillchecks or increase the time it takes abit

and survivor decide to do it because what else are they going to do while one of them is getting chased just stand still no they are going to their objective which is to do gens
  • Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    ### perk. wouldnt use it, if it wasnt necessary on many killers :|
  • Master

@Touken said:
    Master said:

@Touken said:

The only way they can nerf supposedly "gen rush" is by lowering the progress you get from skillchecks or increase the time it takes abit

and survivor decide to do it because what else are they going to do while one of them is getting chased just stand still no they are going to their objective which is to do gens

Ages ago they talked about secondary objectives / changing how gens work, but nothing happened so far. Guess devs are afraid to manipulate at a running money-machine.

Just increasing the time each gen takes by X might fix it temporarily, but I believe we do need more stuff when it comes to repairing gens, find parts to fix them, give counterplay for the killer etc etc.

Nothing is more frustrating then being looped by a competent survivors while others still just hold M1 and gens pop left and right while you break through the pallet jungle.

• JackieEstacadoWhen
    JackieEstacadoWhen Member Posts: 78

Not as powerful as people say, NOED can be rendered non-existent by survivors having the foresight to expect it and cleanse any totems they see before popping all 5 gens.
    Granted it is the killer version of DS and I expect it to be nerfed in the future but with current balance + shoddy map design I think it will still be around for a while longer.

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

I'd say yes and no. Some killers need it, but it can turn around a game real quick if the survivors either don't get the totems or missed one. I've had a killer go from no kills to two/three real quick and they'd be playing rather poorly the whole match. I don't usually see it on good killers or players, though. @JackieEstacadoWhen That's a good comparison, but I doubt they'll nerf no-ed. They're nerfing survivor perks because they're supposed to be weaker, but no-ed has a work arounds, techinically.

• Justicar
    Justicar Member Posts: 319

I'm not a fan of NOED. I'd personally like to see Ruin, NOED, and Self Care all get the axe.

• Strider
    Strider Member Posts: 94

It's a necessary evil to chase survivors out of the exit gates instead of hanging around to taunt you. I love downing a survivor after his buddies have run off and he ends up being the only one to die in a match.

• DepravedKiller
    DepravedKiller Member Posts: 182

I think the one knock down element is fine but i'm not sure about the speed bonus.

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

It used to feel like a required crutch, but since the pallet vacuum removal/exhaustion nerfs hit I haven't even gotten to use it once.

• Chi
    Chi Member Posts: 780

It is a crutch, one I don't see as necessary. I don't really mind people using it unless it is on Huntress or Billy.

• davidps4DBD
    davidps4DBD Member Posts: 79
    Meh i don't like NoEd as a killer. There are so many other valuable perks out there. NoEd just makes the game last longer. I don't really see the point of any post-game perks. I'd rather enter my next match. Needing NoEd just means it was a rough match. Why would you want that to continue?
  • pauloandrade22
    pauloandrade22 Member Posts: 697

@GT_Legend2 said:

Its fair and balanced (no meme intended).

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

It's fine where it's at right now.

Survivors are still in a very strong position. NOED just gives killers some extra ammunition.

• No_Cluie_Louis
    No_Cluie_Louis Member Posts: 1,093

They need to bring back the original version where it only works for 120 seconds after the exit gates were powered

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913
    It is a crutch perk but unlike some people who complain about crutch perk, I don’t care. You sometimes need a beneficial perk to help you win the match, whether it be decisive or NOED it doesn’t matter, they are perks for a reason. If a killer choses to run NOED then that’s all fine and dandy.
  • Weederick
    Weederick Member Posts: 1,080

Its a crutch, but on the other hand i like noed as survivor. One of the few moments where you have to respect the killer and play careful. I dont like it as a perkslot, but it would be cool if it was built-in for killers. The NOED endgames are always scary

• Weederick

@Hillbilly420 said:

@Weederick said:
    Its a crutch, but on the other hand i like noed as survivor. One of the few moments where you have to respect the killer and play careful. I dont like it as a perkslot, but it would be cool if it was built-in for killers. The NOED endgames are always scary

That would be one way to balance the end-game. But Survivors would REE would about that. Especially NOED being part of the Nurse's base kit.

Well, fugg 'em. There's always whiners behind every change. Glad the dev's stopped listening to them and just do what's needed. They really changed since parting from starbreeze

• Weederick

@Hillbilly420 said:

@Weederick said:

@Hillbilly420 said:

@Weederick said:

That would be one way to balance the end-game. But Survivors would REE would about that. Especially NOED being part of the Nurse's base kit.

Well, fugg 'em. There's always whiners behind every change. Glad the dev's stopped listening to them and just do what's needed. They really changed since parting from starbreeze

We'll see. The big thing is the DS nerf and if it's going to be a good nerf and if Behavior will stick to their guns.

I hope so, but i dont think they will leave it functional. Its getting a real rework, even the devs dont like the perk and think it was a mistake (some atleast). I'll celebrate a little when DS gets trashed

• Weederick

@Hillbilly420 said:

@Weederick said:

@Hillbilly420 said:

@Weederick said:

@Hillbilly420 said:

@Weederick said:

We'll see. The big thing is the DS nerf and if it's going to be a good nerf and if Behavior will stick to their guns.

I hope so, but i dont think they will leave it functional. Its getting a real rework, even the devs dont like the perk and think it was a mistake (some atleast). I'll celebrate a little when DS gets trashed

It's getting a re-work but I don't buy the excuse "Oh, we have to wait until a new animation is done and then we can change DS." Why do they need a brand new animation? If what they say of the DS changes are true then the Survivor with DS will just stab the Killer and stay there. So I don't get why there needs to be a new animation.

Personally, I think they know that a big portion of the Survivor community is going to ######### about the DS nerf. So they're dragging their feet and bracing for it. Almost like weening Survivor's off of their crutches. Because if they nerfed DS along with the pallet vacuum change and the exhaustion perks changes all at once then the bitching would be absolutely deafening.

True, it is that way. A slow and painful nerf train instead of the hammer. The day will come though >:)

• GT_Legend2

@Hillbilly420 said:

Almost like weening Survivor's off of their crutches.

Decisive isn’t a crutch, it’s a full on Wheel Chair, with a computer screen and electric motor and a massaging backrest

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428

Because if they nerfed DS along with the pallet vacuum change and the exhaustion perks changes all at once then the bitching would be absolutely deafening.

As if the Exhaustion changes werent deafening already. :P