Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Why Freddy nerf is BS

Not even surprised at this point. As soon as I saw Not Queen read the "forever Freddy" question on QnA I knew they were going to nerf Freddy, but here is also why it's BS

1."Forever Freddy" does not exist, its just a term survivor mains came up with to label a build they do not like.

2. "Forever Freddy" Only works if you are in the dream world, there is a reason why there are clocks and other ways to wake up ie. Failing skill checks, snap and clap. They want to incentive to wake up, they'll probably remove dream pallets as well as it takes too many brain cells to remember what pallet has been used even though you can wake up and avoid it all together.

3. Its punishing the killer for keeping survivors in dream world. I know people will say "But Thanatophobia, But Dying Light(does not affect obsession + gives them action boost) But Pop goes the weasel." Yes those are perks that rewards killers for doing their objective, just like how Adrenaline or Detectives Hunch (underrated) can reward survivors.

4. I still see gens getting done in less than 5 minutes and beyond with coordinated teams and its becomes especially fast when you take into a account the various tool boxes + add Ons, and perks that can speed up gens (Resilience, Prove Thyself, Spine Chill)

So it's come to my understanding that "Gen Rushing" (Survivors Objective) is completely fine but Debuff Rushing to add time to the game (Killers Objective) is not.

The End!!

Comments

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

Ummmm.

Freddy WANTS Survivors to be in the Dream World. That's where his power works. And it's called "Forever Freddy" just like the old 2 blades combo on Legion was called the "Infinite Mending" Legion. You can get it done, but it takes what feels like forever.

And unlike a good Pig player, it'd actually be wise for a Freddy to watch the alarms.

• rch614
    rch614 Member Posts: 551

Bhvr did good with the Forever Freddy nerfs. He's in a great spot and didn't need that much slowdown on top of all the other slowdown perks in the game.

It's a far cry from what they've done to killers like Nurse and Legion.

• Haku
    Haku Member Posts: 614

There may be clocks to wake up but they always spawn on the opposite side of the map for a reason. It is to waste your time if you want to wake up the safe way. And one thing you forget is the current power of Freddy apply on its own. It has nothing to do with old Freddy where you had to do it yourself. Here Freddy does nothing while the survivors have to keep do things to wake up themselves every minute. And I think he needs even more changes for his snares and pallets for the way you can spam the first and the way you can't tell the difference for the second

• One second, I need to play at least one match and see if it's really that bad. Gimme a few minutes....

Cause' I played before and I was dominating with like, minimal effort because of stacking all the slow down stuff.

• Artyomich
    Artyomich Member Posts: 281

Forever Freddy is impossible to beat with randoms and this coming from a Freddy main.

• dont_ask_me_again
    dont_ask_me_again Member Posts: 490

I agree... buff the 4%.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229
    edited December 2019

Well I just got a 4K without really sweating too much; instead of the usual 3 gens left they had 2 gens left. Freddy is still great, dunno what you are freaking out about.

• DBD_Pinhead
    DBD_Pinhead Member Posts: 763

So one of the few killers that can deal with multiple toolboxes gets nerfed in months yet killers that need buffs take years if ever. And there's no survivor bias. Right....

• ThisGuuy83
    ThisGuuy83 Member Posts: 1,303

Yeah, why not just make his snares just puddles you run through that just make sounds, and make his pallets bright pink... Hell, let's remove his knives from the glove and replace them with spoons too. Oh, don't forget to add another 5 secs to his gen teleport too and have bright flashing lights go off that alert you he's teleporting... 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

• Hey man couldn't have said it better my self I play more survivor then killer now for the very reason your bringing this up survivor takes no skill and 0 brain cells to ######### literally 99% of killers in this game and the only killers that are viable get nerfed lol what a joke this game is boring as hell as survivor and they keep making it easier and easier for us idk why because your objective is far harder and more time consuming then survivor. I used to like playing killer but as soon as u get to rank 1 forgot about it have fun playing a grand total of like 4 killers that are viable out of the almost 20 killers we have and they won't even let u guys only have like 4 good killers everything to the devs and the rank 20s needs to be wraith level 😂 Good luck man this game needs more real options like yours because this game is going to be dead by daylight before we know it.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,145

Time to play plague

• DepressedClownMain
    DepressedClownMain Member Posts: 924

This is wrong overall. Forever Freddy is not a term "survivor mains" came with, but actually a term made up by the person who thought of the build and realised gens take over a minute more if you can get everything going. Also, another thing you said that is wrong is that the penalty is a way to incentivate survivors to wake up, which is not true. The regression works on awake survivors, and it only really increases 12 percent if all are asleep (the exact numbers are treaky to remember).

Also, you really don't have any way to play around that build other than being subjected to an insane amount of slowdown that every good killer could take advantage of to straight up win the match.

Freddy is an awesome killer to the game, but just like Nurse and Spirit, he has problematic addons

• DepressedClownMain
    DepressedClownMain Member Posts: 924
    edited December 2019

What s absolutely fine because gens shouldn't take 140 seconds

• pemberley
    pemberley Member Posts: 1,510

On one hand, it feels like they massacred my boy. Okay, not really, but the numbers change was really drastic. And a part of me just feels like “well just don’t let the ropes stack!” and even more so, “you made THESE changes but you didn’t bother to make his once beautiful blocks useful again???”

On the other hand...yes, something had to be done. It was a lot of much. And to the point where you were GUARANTEED to have a runaway success barring no derankers or surprise keys. There were so many times I had to farm it was so easy, or purposely allow them to get a few gens to make it more interesting. So yeah, at the end of the day it HAD to be addressed.

BUT I do wish that toolboxes and repair speed buffs were also whacked with the nerf hammer AND that they would make Freddy’s and every other killer have genuinely universally useful add ons.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212
    edited December 2019

I think that it was perfectly justified to nerf the build, especially when we've seen that Freddy has an immense winrate, and assumedly since these were the only things touched, it's because of the "Forever Freddy" build.

My issue with this change is that rather than replace the add ons with something worth running, they've all just been nerfed to values so low that it's not worth running any of them any more.

They basically just deleted add ons when they could have changed them. And Freddy already had enough junk add ons before this with all his haemmorhage and blindness nonsense.

• DeKillerKiller
    DeKillerKiller Member Posts: 547

I mean he doesn't really need to rely on Add-ons to begin with.

Plus the nerfed rope add-ons are still pretty good. The most you can get were 8 seconds from a maxed out Swing Chains add-on. So I doubt it'll be a huge gamechanger to nerf it this low.

• Nuiveoxr
    Nuiveoxr Member Posts: 33

They didn’t even do anything to Freddy. They just slightly decreased the percentages of his slow down add-ons, which still will be good. Himself is strong

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

Not needing add ons isn't a good excuse for having bad add ons. He has an add on now that adds less than 2 seconds to a gen, and now that scales up to a very rare that adds 6 seconds, and that 6 seconds is CONDITIONAL.

That compared to other killers' add ons is pathetic, like Trapper has instadown traps, Hag has stealth traps, Pig gets to cut the RBT timer down by 30 seconds. This is just a pitiful waste of 6000 bloodpoints.

• FregglesFred
    FregglesFred Member Posts: 317

Slowing down gens?

Nah, devs clearly want survivors to be strong as ever.

All gens can be completed in 4 minutes. That's a joke.

• DeKillerKiller
    DeKillerKiller Member Posts: 547

I'm not saying I don't disagree with you. But Freddy doesn't necessarily need to slow the game down more than he is already capable of doing. If you're asleep the survivor will waste time to wake up anyways.

While yes it may be better if they changed the add-ons with something else, given how quick this update was from the last one I doubt they had much time to think about much in terms of balance with these three add-ons.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,331

So... Still "Forever Freddy"? So a Nerf to the add-ons DIDNT break the build they were specifically targeting?

• HollowsGrief
    HollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,497
    edited December 2019

I can understand why they would nerf these add ons, what I don't understand is why they were so utterly butchered. Like holy crap man 50%+ power tone down on these. From 9% to 4%, from 6% to 2% like holy crap man, that is beyond overkill it makes these add ons completely useless. Yeah let me just use one of my two add on slots to slow down gen progress by TWO PERCENT oh btw only when they are asleep, so at best half of the match. Come on man this is just silly now, just because you need to nerf something doesn't mean it needs to be made into utter trash. I mean who even used his yellow slow down add on ffs.

• Deltin
    Deltin Member Posts: 240

i did a test with my friend. and i did a gen solo within 30 seconds just by using perks and a toolbox.

• HollowsGrief
    HollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,497

That's functioning as intended. Perfectly balanced nothing to see here.