I dislike this new rank reset

Options
PhantomMask20763
PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
edited December 2019 in General Discussions

What was the reasoning behind this change? I used to like not having to be so close to rank one, now I can either play and achieve red ranks and hate playing the game or I can derank. And i dont wanna derank, I just want chill games for once and old rank reset let me have those but now? I just dont want to play at all

Post edited by PhantomMask20763 on

Comments

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    Options

Yikes, I dont get why people sweat so much during rank reset. I just use it as a time to meme/ chill or try to get adepts

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,031
    Options

This is what I did as well but I think those days are over.

• Rullisi
    Rullisi Member Posts: 392
    Options

After rank resets, you just get ######### games for half the month. Maybe 90% are just something you want to DC from and closer towards the next rank reset maybe half or less are somewhat fun and balanced matches imo.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564
    Options

I'm already waiting 10 mins for a game so I'd hope that once I get one that the teams are good.

Also rank reset usually got quicker games, whereas today it still took 10+ mins.

• NoMitherPlayer
    NoMitherPlayer Member Posts: 174
    Options

I'm also okay with the rank reset. So by now, survivors and killers will both get better at the game. Purple ranks are tryhards, only red ranks can be pure skilled players. For the false red ranks facing quicker the best killers will make them improve both

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318
    Options
  • Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,367
    Options

I hate the change as well unless we get individual killer ranks soon for the reasons you've mentioned. All this is going to do is make a lot more high rank killers quit or start intentionally deranking again.

• LemeTheMeme
    LemeTheMeme Member Posts: 403
    Options

I just wish we had rank rewards! It sucks playing against high rank killers and having no reward for it. It's a long awaited feature that the devs never really discuss.

• SlimyTaco
    SlimyTaco Member Posts: 133
    Options

If you are not having trouble pippin in red ranks, you belong. That's how they work. Learn better pathing and mindgaming, and only focus in these.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Honestly rank should just stay where it is and only regress when you don't play for a while. Like every day you don't play for like a day it goes down like a 10th of a pip or something, it should be very slowly.

There is no reason you should ever go back in ranks otherwise unless you are actively losing matches, because right now the matchmaker is so brutally unfair to most players.... If you are rank 7 and still figuring out aspects of the game but doin okay, it puts you against the same players that like, Otz or Tru3 play against, there is such a broad range in the bracket so that queue times can remain sensible.

I don't see a way to actually fix the problem tbh, other than maybe something optional that lets people winning risk a loss to earn more points or something.

• Frey
    Frey Member Posts: 23
    Options

I only escape about 1 in 4 games though. I should have to "learn better pathing and mindgaming" BEFORE I get to this level, most people I play with are so obviously better than me we shouldn't be in the same rank.

• SlimyTaco
    SlimyTaco Member Posts: 133
    Options

This is when you learn, if you got this far without, then you yourself are lacking. Not the grading itself. Either you a hatch only solo or you have good qualities for survivor, bank on it.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,367
    Options

Same man, it would allow people to have fun on less viable killers since their own rank would be much lower than your mains rank.

• Frey
    Frey Member Posts: 23
    Options

If I'm "lacking" then shouldn't the "grading" reflect that? I mean, I'm not getting from diamond to grandmaster in Overwatch with my current skillset, so why should I be ranked so high in this game when it clearly doesn't reflect my actual skill level?

As for hatch... I am actually ######### incapable of finding hatch. I have no idea where to look for it and only ever find it once in a blue moon out of sheer dumb luck.

• DeKillerKiller
    DeKillerKiller Member Posts: 547
    Options

The new Rank Reset just makes me not want to play DBD a lot... Because Red Ranks are really stressful.

• Fibrofairy
    Fibrofairy Member Posts: 1
    Options

I dislike it too because now i feel like i have nothing to achieve if i am already red ranks. I used to find it like a personal achievement to get back there. I liked the old system more so. Once you learn to play the game better it is way too easy to rank up. But would also be nice if you actually got points or some reward for getting to rank 1 so people would want to rank up instead of de-ranking to feel powerful against a killer/survivor that is less experienced than you/them so they can bully them in match. I do like the idea of each killer having their own rank as people mentioned before me as it would be so much fairer on killers that do not do so well against good teams, makes you not want to play those killers which is sad as i want to learn them all but now i can't play nurse or billy against red/purple ranks as i am so in experienced with them that i get bullied almost. I am good with other killers that seem more viable at those ranks but i never started playing those killers as they are harder to learn obviously, but now i play more killer i want to learn, it just feels like some survivors run loops around you just to make fun of your skills with that killer so then you want to quit the game, but i do not agree with dc-ing.

• Almo
    Almo Member, Dev Posts: 1,120
    Options

Regarding rank reset update:

One serious problem we had was people who don't play a lot who still want to rank up. Sure, playing a game a month just isn't enough. But when it takes quite a few games to get from 15 to 5 and each month it knocks you right back down, that's not fun, nor is it indicative of how good you are at the game.

Also, the system knocked everyone from 1 down to 10, and then various ranks down to 15 depending on how far from 1 you were. Given how the matchmaking algo works (in order to get queue times down), that meant every single player in the entire pool was a legal target to play with every other player in the pool.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229
    edited December 2019
    Options

You say that like it all matters. You are stuck in a situation where matches simply put, are not fair. You can't really fix the problem, because there are not enough players to really separate them enough properly.

I have like maybe 100 hours in the game. I am not good at this game. I get put against the same red rank 2 SWF groups that Otz and Tru3 play against fairly oftten and I am rank like 7 - 9 on average. Why not just make me rank 2 at that point? Like what does it all matter if it just does that anyways?

Even if it didn't, I've seen people on their first game EVER, go against 2000+ hour players because they reset and are in the bracket; and since there are so many of repeat players vs new players, it happens fairly often not just a one or two days of a month thing.

There is nothing you can do about it either because you just don't have enough players.... Only way would be like, some kind of ingame handicap for rewards or something....So players steamrolling a match could still lose in return for upping their rewards significantly. Can't say "well that might mess with how pipping works" cause it already doesn't work anyways.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,559
    Options

Red rank Killer on Xbox NA, can confirm. Instant games for Killer, 15+ minute q's for Survivor.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

Yea I can find a game instantly as killer.

Either there is no one playing killer or something is wrong.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,559
    Options

I don't think anyone is playing Killer. It fluctuates enough that it isn't a matchmaking thing.

• silverwolf4455
    silverwolf4455 Member Posts: 496
    Options

It won't matter... pipping, especially for survivor is a time thing. Can you get to rank 1 before the month is up? Now that the reset is less there will be far more potatoes at red ranks.

I guess that is the balance change for the killers. Just give them a bunch of potatoes to play against. :/

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

In aus at the moment, at least at the red ranks, my survivor queues are basically instant but my killer ones are longer. It differs between regions.

• Jplanas98
    Jplanas98 Member Posts: 532
    Options

Yeah I don't understand How they made such a stupid mistake. Did they not realize that this isn't preventing good players from bullying low rank players, its keeping terrible players in higher ranks.

• rd_dex
    rd_dex Member Posts: 253
    edited December 2019
    Options

Another change that will make solo survivor a even more miserable experience, I hate it wholeheartedly. It sure will make a killers job easier though.

• CashelP14
    Options

That's unfortunate for you mate. If your not ready for the really good/sweaty killers the game shouldn't force you to be matched with them all the time.

As killer I like those chill games against bad survivors but they don't want to face me. That's probably why I get so many hate messages saying I'm either cheating or am getting reported for slugging.

• CashelP14
    Options

Yea pretty easily. If I started at rank 10 tomorrow and played maybe 2 hours a day I'd be back at rank 1 by the end of the week.

This is why people complain about the stats. Killers know that there are survivors who can destroy them, with no real way of stopping them. However they'll get a load of games where they'll destroy baby survivors easily and that creates the stats such as freddy having a 80% kill rate at rank 1.

• PistolTimb
    PistolTimb Member Posts: 1,414
    Options

It's no different to me. People are just as sweaty as they've ever been. Keys every game, gens flying by. Forced to slug every match if I want to win. Luckily haven't seen any cancerous clickers yet, but they're always around.

• Kenshin
    Kenshin Member Posts: 912
    Options

you want chill game? what do you mean? to bully low rank players? not anymore ;)

• MissKitty95
    MissKitty95 Member Posts: 786
    edited December 2019
    Options

The games I’ve been having since rank reset are a joke be4 rank reset I was having fun good games good chases, fun killers good team mates ..... I’m not playing for a few days until it all gose back to normal, I tend to do this every rank reset, I don’t play for 2-3 days then it’s all normal again , and I can have fun , also I tried to play killer to do my daily’s and rift challenges . Why is rank 17 so hard to get a game ? I havnt played killer for a while so I’ve stoped right down to bottom ranks but the wait time to get a game is ridiculous, I really think just get rid of rank and just let everyone play, I understand it’s to separate skill but honestly is it working .... no lol just remove the feauture all together

• ifeelthelags
    ifeelthelags Member Posts: 61
    Options

75% of the games in the last days the killer just DC after loading screen. I get sick of that.

• rha
    rha Member Posts: 412
    Options

As for the first issue: I am one of the people who didn't play that much to rank up a lot. However: My only reason for wishing to rank up as survivor was actually getting matched with better teammates. If ranking up is made ridiculously easy then yeah I do rank up quite well, but I'm not getting matched with better teammates, because all the people even worse than me (I'm not among the best players, I don't belong on red ranks) who just play a lot more are long there waiting for me at the high ranks (the actually better ones are probably organized in 4SWFs to avoid the people who don't belong to higher ranks).

All I get is much sweatier killers because much unlike the survivor pip system, the killer emblem system is pretty much unforgiving, especially at higher ranks. And going with people who can't stand on their feet for even 15 seconds after being spotted against a super sweaty wrecking ball of a killer is not a good experience.

The initial emblems system for survivor was a bit too hard to pip especially at low ranks where noone could play the game properly. The current system is just throwing pips at you for being in the game.

The best solution for me would have been to keep pipping more difficult for survivors (but not as hard as initially) and then make time between rank resets longer so that those who don't play so much have time to rank up if they are able to.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,907
    Options

I see it more as “Let’s have it so EVERYBODY can get to Rank 1”. It’s not going to be hard to get to red ranks (it already wasn’t hard) but every potato is going to be able to get to red ranks.

• SafetyOff
    SafetyOff Member Posts: 68
    Options

First time high ranked in a competitive game?

Dont worry, you will still have incompetent players 50% of the time, and trolls the other 25% of the time. Even if they made the perfect ranking system.

• PalletsAndHooks
    PalletsAndHooks Member Posts: 989
    Options

Get used to your own prestige.

• ZFennecFox
    ZFennecFox Member Posts: 510
    Options

I honestly felt like the new rank reset is pointless. If you keep all the skilled survivors together in purple and red ranks then there is no one to teach the lower ranks to run loops.

We get annoyed at getting paired up with inexperienced survivors but the more we play with them the better they get.

Anyway that's how I feel about it.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    Options

It's a catch 22 scenario.

The change to the ranking system for swf means more red ranks playing with lower ranks causes and imbalance of players.

The challenges have also cashed long queue times due to players changing sides.

They have now changed the rank system to stop people from deranking too much and make it easier in essense to rank up on both sides to try and help with the imbalance.

New players in the long run will find it extremely hard to get matches as everyone who plays will end up around green ranks minimum over the next month or two.

I forsee a huge issue for new players coming very soon. If players are naturally going to be on purple downwards I think they need to widen the new player search to compensate for this.

• ZtarShot
    ZtarShot Member Posts: 838
    Options

I was reset from 13 to 12 •~•

• Angelicus23
    Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547
    Options

Why isn't the same feeling with the rift? As they dont' play a lot to rank up, they can't complete the rift

• tetsuo
    tetsuo Member Posts: 151
    Options

What's wrong with this ?

Our ranks are now close than the previous ones, which is better than the old rank resets. Top players stay with top players, noobs stay with noobs.

Having to deal with skilled killers is good, that's how you learn what mistakes you've done and you should do to be better and as effective as you are rn.