Why the gen speed needs to be increased

13»

Comments

• MegsAreEvil
    MegsAreEvil Member Posts: 819

Why do those complains always go with games where most of the survs die at the end? Thats freaking hilarious.

• TheUnendingNightmare
    TheUnendingNightmare Member Posts: 1,172

Hahahahahahahahahaha no.

• 8obot1c
    8obot1c Member Posts: 1,129

I like the ruin change, but I dont like that you would have to hold it down for 90 seconds unless they implemented a thing that made it to where you dont have to hold it down.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

As I said in the comments of the video, this just proves that killers don’t have early game momentum. Things generally shape up though, which they did.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,318

I wouldn't say that killers lack the tools to pressure the game. I'd identify killers into 3 categories which are Chaser killers(1vs1 killers), Hook momentum Killers(Often refer to as Stealth killers) and Stall killers. It's just that some of the powers of killers are too weak to fulfill a meaningful win condition. For example, Nurse, Spirit and Huntress are primarily Chase oriented killers build around the idea that they crush survivors in chases, and their entire map pressure come from landing hooks quickly. Clown is also a chase oriented killer, however he is too "slow" at getting hooks in comparison to other 3, hence he's not viable Chase killer at Red ranks because he doesn't down players fast enough. Billy is Hook momentum killer, He's all about getting single hook and snowballing instant downs in unsafe positions with mobility. Hag, Myers,Ghostface and Trapper are similar killers, however they all have pitfalls in their power that hurt them, such as flashlights for hag or Myers having really slow game-build up. Legion, Pig, Doctor and Freddy are examples of killers that are built around the idea of stalling the game so you run out of pallet/resources. They all force you to do actions that make you waste time such as mending, snapping out, reduced interaction speed or they have mechanics that force you interact with objects like Jigsaw Boxs or Freddy clocks.

It's not so black and white. Killer gameplay is a lot more complex and it has a lot more moving parts to it, so it's often not really clear for why a killer loses given match. There's a lot of variables in the game to consider such the map Tileset rng, the map, how good the survivor is etc. It's like 50/50 between a player messing up and killer not having the right tools to deal with every possible scenario. That's largely why Nurse and Spirit are most viable, because they can deal with all possible scenarios. It's not to say other killers can't get to their level, but they're pretty far apart from them. It's question of looking at everything from micro level or looking at the big picture and trying to find a grand solution. I think they said they've decided on doing map reworks which is micro solution, so it's going to take a pretty long time to weaken loops if that ever occurs, though survivors love long chases even though those result in very quick loss for killers. so there is that.

• prayer_survivor
    prayer_survivor Member Posts: 626

You can change mori too: after a hook and put a surv in the diying state, if the killer doesn't move and press M1 during 350 seconds, the survivor is dead

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

You are legit not even considering the fun for survivors. There's no point making this game fun for killers and sucking out the fun for survivors.

• darkknight287
    darkknight287 Member Posts: 42

This would force them to change their ranking system so I love it

• dont_ask_me_again
    dont_ask_me_again Member Posts: 490
    edited December 2019

It’s actually:

80 seconds

44.444 seconds (80/2/0.9)

33.333 seconds (80/3/0.8)

28.57 seconds (80/4/0.7)

I suggested before to change it to:

90 seconds

45 seconds (90*1/2)

33.75 seconds (45*3/4)

28.125 seconds (33.75*5/6)

Then just throw in some solo buffs to make repairing with teammates more feasible. Like you get an alert if a teammate has touched a particular generator.

• ApeOfMazor
    ApeOfMazor Member Posts: 471

Then why don't you play some killer and alleviate the extreme survivor queue times? You just don't want a deserved nerf.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

@ApeOfMazor The person you’re quoting plays killer all the time.

• The_Second_Coming
    The_Second_Coming Member Posts: 1,110

No, it really isn't. The game was marketed during beta as an every person for themselves game.

You get rewards for saving other survivors, but you get no reward if they actually survive.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

Semi-team, They (can) help you to survive in the end by helping you or completing objectives.

You obviously can be An Alone Wolf but most of the time it won't work that well will it.

• NumB_16
    NumB_16 Member Posts: 78
    edited December 2019

I was getting worried, the weekly thread discussion with a tru3 video about genrush was still missing this week.

Post edited by NumB_16 on
  • Splinterverse
    Splinterverse Member Posts: 445

No, no, no. Doing gens is boring. We only do them because we have to. If you want something to take longer, make it more fun and be more interesting. Just hitting that skill check is dull. Give us a puzzle to solve or something. Otherwise, leave it as is.

• grtf47
    grtf47 Member Posts: 371

Ok this was a while ago and I don’t like this idea anymore

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

Did someone not get the 4k?

• gantes
    gantes Member Posts: 1,611
    edited December 2019

Honestly I still think some sort of universal map pressure for killers and then balancing the game from that would be ideal.

But no, increasing gen times is not a good idea. Making players' experience less fun is never good game design. I'd definitely take a new objective over that, but I still think gen speed is less of a problem than weak killers or bad maps.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

The killer can have a problem with providing map pressure on certain maps, maybe they can choose 2/3 maps that they'd prefer not to face. Survivors have one they can also choose to "avoid". Just a quick idea that I only thought of a few seconds ago so it isn't properly thought out. Maybe a wagering system between survivors and killers.

I just don't think increasing gen times will work with all the killers on certain maps.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

we all know no one wants to sit on gennys any longer. It is the objective to get a win, and pressure the killer. It's the killer's job to stop the genny progress and pressure survivors.

• Pokino
    Pokino Member Posts: 86

Reduce the amount of points earned by gens, and create secondary objectives well rewarded. Even stupid (and easy to do) ideas like find a item in the map and carry to a specific place could be fine.

• THEghostface
    THEghostface Member Posts: 296

If there's a 3 gen situation, that just gives the killer all the information it needs to dominate.

• Kenshin
    Kenshin Member Posts: 912

where is the second objective for survivor you promised ages ago? is it too much work or whats going on with that?

• HollowsGrief
    HollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,497

Yeah this is fine, but an extra 17s for a gen (double slow down from freddy) is way to strong. Lolololol

• Widowmaker8197
    Widowmaker8197 Member Posts: 88

Oh my God. This forum is full of killer mains begging for survivor nerfs.

• WhTe_Tygre_DBD
    WhTe_Tygre_DBD Member Posts: 295
    edited December 2019

Yeah, also they could do this : When they hit a good skill check, it decreases to said amount.

When you hit a great skill check it is normal from what it was last time. The great skill check bar is increased to 25% bigger

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,318

I think this is bad way to look at things. Increasing generator time isn't suppose to turn losing games to winning games. It is suppose give more chances for killer to make mistakes. The current state of the game is that killer isn't allowed to make any mistakes and even if they play to the best of their ability with given events in a given game, they still lose. Say that a killer loses in 3 minutes, by generator being longer, he would now lose in 4 minutes, but sometimes this extra minute can be difference in turning the tides of a match. How many times have you had pop goes weasel and you walk to generator and as soon as you get there, the generator is completed? If you had those extra 10 seconds, you might have been able to pop generator and if generator isn't complete, it is still in play. Once it is done, it is done and there is nothing change the event.

As for Demogorgon, you guys messed up on his add-on, it's too bad he couldn't get more useful shred add-on's, perhaps an instant down would made him more fun to play, but I guess it is water under the bridge as they say. In some cases, the toolkit of the killer too weak such that no amount of skill from the player can change outcome of the match. It is just too poorly balanced at that point i suppose.

• kosmi
    kosmi Member Posts: 363

I think that some map balances like gen's proximity and pallete numbers and position on map should be changed and worked more on balance. Without touching gen speed therefore the game would be more fair i think.