The Tragedy Of No Mither And The Oni

No survivor perk should directly help a Killer’s base kit, ever. In No Mither’s case its continuously dropping blood orbs nonstop because you can’t stop it. But nor should any survivor perk be able to completely render a power unobtainable and useless, like wanting No Mither to stick with its “leaving no blood” thing by making a user drop no blood orbs at all.

The solution? Remove both subjects in question from the game.

Epic win.

Comments

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

Why run No Mither though?

• ohheyitsbobcat
    ohheyitsbobcat Member Posts: 1,721
    edited December 2019

I mean, no mither is arguably the worst survivor perk in the game to the point no perk challenges are easier than no mither challenges. It benefits every killer in the game and it makes me happy to see it no matter who I play.

It should honesty be buffed to give 100% more survival points.

Edit: at the very least if one compares it to calm spirit vs doctor, then no mither should just drop less blood, not completely negate it.

• ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784

Should it though? Feels awkward either way, 'cause even though 4 No Mithers is extremely rare, it would suck to have literally no access to your power in that scenario.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited December 2019

Other than when hit or hooked. No Mither should not leave drops of blood.

• Darth_Cader
    Darth_Cader Member Posts: 128

Wrong. Madness will still be applied to you regardless of if you scream or not. So the Doctor's power is not completely nullified, its mostly nullified by about 90%. The Oni would be completely, 100%, unable to use his power at all if No Mither truly left no blood and no blood orbs.

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

I don't understand why the devs don't nerf it, tired of getting destroyed by 4 man No Mither squads, toxic.

( :D )

• Hopesfall
    Hopesfall Member Posts: 828
    edited December 2019

if they are hit, the Oni doesn't get any power because they are downed.. he only gets power from injures.

seems fair to me, they bleed constantly and give power in increments, that's the trade off

if no mither gave zero blood, the oni would never get his power vs a team of 4 no mithers.. just as an example

• Darth_Cader

Reminds me of this game I had about a month ago. It consisted of me with 2 friends and we all ran identical Davids with only No Mither and Camping Aid Kits with the Antiseptic Syringe (or whatever syringe). The other dude was a P3 Jake with a meta build, hah what a loser.

I looped the Billy we got matched a long time and got hooked twice (on The Temple Red Forest map). And in the end, friends and I all escaped while the Jake got left behind because my group was all in the same Exit Gate.

No Mither is broken and did better than the job of 4 Perks and a toolbox on a P3 Jake plz nerf devs plz

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255
    edited December 2019

Noed basekit, no mither non removable. Basement hooks only, final destination.

Game fixed.

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899

Oni (like every other killer) doesn't need his power against 4 no mither players. The perk is already garbage tier so no reason it should be even more garbage than it already is.

• Darth_Cader

Don’t forget No Mither starting you in the Dying state at the beginning of the trial.

• Heartbound

Imagine that with the tapp perk tho. You could stealth crawl to the generator you want to work on.

Heck crawling in general would be awesome!

• Darth_Cader

I’m sure you’re not talking to me, and that you’re just talking about everyone who happens to reply to this post with ill will towards No Mither, because I like No Mither, it’s funny and kinda psyches the Killer out and can make them either be scared of you or underestimate you leading to mistakes on their part.

Also now with the ever increasing presence of slugging, No Mither coupled with DS is hilarious if you play your hand correctly. No Mither can act as more of a mind game than any mind game any single survivor or killer could conjure up.

• Izo_Quartz
    Izo_Quartz Member Posts: 250

Imagine thinking no mither is too strong because you can't use your one shot power on a one shot survivor🤔

• Darth_Cader

No Mither is far from the worst survivor perk what the hell lol. It is kinda a meme but Killers can psyche themselves out and either over or underestimate a survivor running it especially if it’s a P3 David doing it.

It also prevents slugging (which is becoming more prevalent, which is annoying) and you can couple it with DS to reverse reverse counter the “slugging to avoid DS” strategy so then they pick you up and you DS them anyway or they try to camp your body or they just leave you because they don’t want to deal with it anymore.

Also even if No Mither was buffed to make less blood orbs appear from the user, it would have to be way way buffed because as long as you’re in a chase with The Oni, you’re giving him free orbs. Even not in a chase you’re still giving free orbs. So it would have to be like barely any orbs.

• Heartbound
    edited December 2019

If you want to be 300iq about it take a no mither squad and go into a corner and go afk so when the oni looks in your direction 100 blood orbs and 12 birds and four teabagging no mither survivors will make his game lag out and crash.

Edit: 4 pizza Dwights doing that while jumping in and out of lockers. For glory!!!!

• ohheyitsbobcat
    ohheyitsbobcat Member Posts: 1,721

What perks do you consider worse than no mither out of curiosity? There are certainly some awful survivor perks no doubt but none come to mind that would be worse than no mither. The negatives gained from this perk far outway any positives it gives. At least with other awful perks like deja vu or up the ante they don't have any negatives attached to them. No hate on any of these perks if you like them, I just can't see the value.

You can't be slugged which is fine for your ds idea but it can only be used once and the 5-sec time save is no where near the amount of time you would have saved if you were healthy outside of certain scenarios. You also open yourself to be tunneled since you're an easy target most of the time. Outside of making the game a challenge for yourself or memeing it just doesn't do enough to warrant a 1-hit down IMO. It is pretty hilarious to watch a really good player with no mither run a killer around for a long time though, no doubt.

The only really good use I could think of is a 4-man sabo squad running it since it'd make it super hard to ever be hooked.

As far as Oni goes, I could see maybe 1 orb every other time it would drop. Taking it away completely would just make it impossible to gain his power if it was a 4-man group, as unlikely as that would ever be.

• wisdomwielder
    wisdomwielder Member Posts: 348

Regardless of how terrible no mither is, a perk that prevents bleeding should prevent blood orbs from dropping as well. I think this is an oversight on the dev's part and it should be fixed.

• Darth_Cader

Like yeah by definition it shouldn’t leave blood orbs. But the fact that if a 4 man SWF can go in with all No Mithers against an Oni and make his power completely, uh... powerless, would be kinda broken. I would say that blood orbs should still be released but at like an extremely slow rate, and I mean extremely slow rate.

• ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784
    edited December 2019

Is one-shotting all the power does though? Is it really?

Edit: Also I don't think anyone's saying No Mither is too strong, would just be the most boring thing ever if you couldn't get your power vs it. You think you picked the Oni but actually you just picked man with sword.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,871

No Mither should get a rework. Bringing it is like trolling your own team.

• Monlyth
    Monlyth Member Posts: 982

Because people underestimate you? People underestimate Leatherface mains and make stupid mistakes because they think they can get away with it; that doesn't make Leatherface a good killer.

Not to mention that the Killer knows you have No Mither. You can't surprise them with it like you can with Unbreakable. They know that they need to hook you and not just slug you.

• silverwolf4455
    silverwolf4455 Member Posts: 496

Calm spirit doesn't nullify doc.. he still laughs if he hits someone with shock therapy so he knows your there. It only counters the tier up through static gains

• Monlyth
    Monlyth Member Posts: 982

Well, even if you provide a distraction, you're still getting yourself hooked. The best distraction for a teammate is someone who can bodyblock a hit without going down, or who distracts the Killer but doesn't get caught. No Mither makes it impossible to do the former, and significantly more difficult to do the latter.

And, again, you can bring Unbreakable to get a similar payoff without gimping yourself, and it gives you the element of surprise instead of letting the Killer know "Hey, you need to play around this perk".

I've only ever seen one person use No Mither and escape against me, and that was a SWF group that was ranked significantly higher than me, and probably would have escaped without using No Mither at all.

• Aceonfire
    Aceonfire Member Posts: 304

The very, very simple fix/change for No Mither, which in essence will fix the Oni problem as well, is to simply start the trial healthy. After you enter the dying state for the first time, you are broken for the remainder of the match and will continue to leave blood as normal. You can only pick yourself up 2 times during a match, and it does not stack/work with unbreakable.

The killer won't know that you have No Mither and go looking for you right away, and you won't leave blood until you're downed the first time. The killer also may not even know you have no mither until the 3rd hook as you might have used deliverance....

• Darth_Cader

Except it’s not, if you’re a good enough player and you have the right perks. Also with all the new slugging and slug builds going on, it’s really good for that as it throws the Killer off if they have that build.

And taking DS on top of No Mither will double counter the Killer when they down you again and know you’ll just recover, but then they try to pick you up to prevent that and then they take a DS.

Then if you take Dead Hard that’s a free wiff if you know how to use it.

• SpicyTopRamen
    SpicyTopRamen Member Posts: 68

No Mither isn't completely useless. The fact that you are injured from the get go actually makes a handful of perks useful from the start of the game. But you can't play a no mither build with the intention of escaping. When I play, my only intention is to survive long enough to crank out gens, and take heat off of other players (because when the killer has to decide who to chase, they are almost always going for the no mither guy, and they have to take time to hook.)

But when you are playing a No Mither build against Oni it's basically game over. Not only are you constantly feeding him his power, but you don't have any chance of stealth play either. Who cares if Oni doesn't get his power against a VERY RARE stack of 4 No Mithers? He'll just have to be an m1 killer and accept that everyone is one-hit anyway.

Plus look at Yui's new perk: Lucky Break. It's designed to no leave blood pools also, but what's the point if it doesn't even offer a counter for the new killer?

• DWolfAlpha
    DWolfAlpha Member Posts: 927

No Mither should just make you exposed the entire match instead. And make it so hitting exposed survivors still gives you some of your power as the Oni.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

Depends on the person using it actually. It can be used effectively in builds ect.

• Papamodzz
    Papamodzz Member Posts: 57

Doc clown freddy or builds that use infections fright or spies from the shadows

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

@Dreamnomad how am I trolling my team by getting chased for three gens with no mither?

• theArashi
    theArashi Member Posts: 998

4 No mithers would make killer actually unable to use his power.

• Darth_Cader

Clearly because you’re gonna get 1 hit downed bro and that’s cringe learn to play correctly and in the meta or else you’re a trolling loser bro.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

Takes away the doctor's tracking capabilities but it is no way completely nullified him.

Still can't do anything in tier 3

Being hit with shock will stun momentarily stunned you so you can't do actions

Illusionary doctors can be used to track

I'm seriously curious and where there's whole notion of doctor being completely nullified by it came from he's hindered but that's about it

• Khar
    Khar Member Posts: 640

Blood orbs drop from injured survivors. No Mither starts the game with you injured. Nothing wrong here.