What's up with the queue times for survivors?

Options

I mean, if anyone enjoys waiting for 11+ minutes to join a bugged lobby or to have their game cancelled because someone crashed during the loading, then sure, go ahead, but I'm not having it, it's just a lobby waiting time simulator at this point. As killer I get instant lobbies on rank 4-1 all day everyday, no matter what time is it. Live in EU btw.

Also, I clearly remember that before Dedicated Servers, survivor queues were instant but so were the killer ones for me and everyone I know. Dedicated Servers break a lot of things but survivor queues got hit the hardest, not like I wanted to play survivor at the moment but the wait times were the last straw, only playing killer from now on and won't touch survivor until this gets fixed.

Comments

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318
    Options

Swf definitely loads so much slower. Idk about pc but on console the wait as rank 1 survivor goes from 1 min solo queue to 15 mins 4 man swf.

• BruhMoment
    BruhMoment Member Posts: 39
    Options

It could be several things. For one, survivor tomes outnumber killer tomes, the second page being particularly bad. This could cause more people to play survivor than usual, I know it did for me. Another thing it could be is the Chapter Release patch. That patch has been the buggiest patch the game has faced in a long time and I wouldn't be surprised if it messed up matchmaking somehow. The last thing I can think of is an increase in players due to the new chapter, though that shouldn't have messed up the matchmaking to this degree. I think its a combination of the tomes and the Chapter release patch.

One thing is certain: matchmaking for survivors is CHEEKS right now.

• ActualPotatoBtw
    ActualPotatoBtw Member Posts: 52
    Options

From instant queues on both sides to 4-6+ minute-long queues as a survivor as soon as the Dedicated Servers were added on the same day, really seems like there wasn't enough and isn't enough killers.

• ActualPotatoBtw
    Options

I really am not sure what's going on in the matchmaking department, somehow BHVR seems to make the queues worse and worse with each update, I have no clue how do they achieve this, there is definitely something wrong with the way the game works, I don't think the problem is with one side having more players, we've seen situations like that happen before yet every single time the queue times were fine before the newest patches.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570
    Options

This is not caused by bad matchmaking. If the survivor : killer ratio was good and bad servers would cause 5 minutes waiting times for survivors, this would also mean 5 minutes waiting for killers.

• ActualPotatoBtw
    Options

Yup, baby survivors, survivor bad - killer good, survivor op - killer only gets nerfs and only needs buffs, great attitude. Don't have the "baby survivor" definition anywhere available so make sure to link me one. I don't really care, I'll just play killer and join you with the rest of the baby killers, instant queues, loads of bp and more fun :)

• ActualPotatoBtw
    Options

So, then the only possible explanation is that the killer count drops by ~10k players exactly every time a new big update comes out.

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,542
    Options

Yep, got home last night. Wife and I logged on. We waited about 15 minutes. Got instadodged. I switched to killer. Sucks not being able to play with my wife that we both paid money for, but that's how it goes I guess.

Kind of a bad situation. Easily the worst situation plaguing the game.

• ActualPotatoBtw
    Options

Give me a reason to be a rank 1 survivor as well. It's not like I want to be there either. All I get are insane wait times, terrible teammates that prove that rank 1 means absolutely nothing or rank 8-6 teammates who magically got placed against a rank 1 killer. Have your instant queues, as I said, I will only be playing killer from now on, since I'm fine with the game's state right now, I lose nothing by doing this.

• Waffleyumboy
    Options

This is surreal to see because on console it's the exact opposite. I would play more killer (for bp) but the queue times were really terrible compared to survivor. Now they are both pretty fast but swf is bugged af.

• The_Second_Coming
    The_Second_Coming Member Posts: 1,110
    Options

Last Year came out, and DBD is slowly dying because of competition.

/s

😂

• Stitch7833
    Stitch7833 Member Posts: 632
    Options

simple fact is survivor is easier and more enjoyable than killer. sure you can try deny or disagree all you want but its just the way it is, nerfs aside killers still rely on ruin and stuff to slow down gen`s without that against a decent team youre screwed not to mention swf. you forget alot of people play to have fun and not always be competitive but its hard to have chill killer games at lower ranks and thats why queue times are so long, no one wants to play killer as much/often as they do survivor. when you can go into a survivor game perkless at rank 1 without fear but even thinking the same as killer is insane, oh not to mention all the hate,abuse and toxic behavior you get for playing killer good or bad. i will get to rank 1 killer and survivor but i wont play killer constantly at rank 1 for these reasons

• OGBatDad69
    OGBatDad69 Member Posts: 32
    Options

I knew it wouldnt take long to see another cry baby killer main

• JC316
    JC316 Member Posts: 693
    Options

When you nerf the killers into the ground and have both survivor mains and the devs basically tell you to "git gud", you wind up with fewer killers. I still have fun playing killer, so I enjoy the instant lobbies. I have found a hard counter to long wait times though, try to read a book while waiting, the game KNOWS that I want to finish a page and it gives me a lobby.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,603
    Options

And that's because killer is so unfun to play. You just get bullied if you're not on your A-game.

• PandaChris
    PandaChris Member Posts: 140
    edited December 2019
    Options

I thought originally it was the match making system somehow. I get super fast queues as killer at red ranks and slow survivor queues at red ranks. My friend who is rank 12 has super fast survivor queues and long killer queues.

Now I doubt its matchmaking. Its just less killers at red ranks. Which cant really blame them. I used to play about 80 percent of the time as killer. Now im having to deal with the queue but playing survivor more than killer. Sorta sucks on both ends right now.

• ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784
    Options

Anytime one side's queues are much longer than the other, it's because the ratio of 4:1 survivors to killers is off. Seems to have gone in waves in the past.

Rn there's just not enough killers for the survivor demand I guess.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,796
    Options
  • ThisGuuy83
    ThisGuuy83 Member Posts: 1,303
    Options

Maybe, it could be a lot of killers are getting fed up with the sweaty matches and BS, and are hanging it up, and going to the chill side until things get more balanced. Can you really blame them?

• [Deleted User]
    Options

What;s upwith killer queue times I've been waiting forever

• Waffleyumboy
    Options

When did Borrowed Time get buffed? Where did medkits and Balanced Landing go?

• Majora
    Majora Member Posts: 207
    Options

borrowed time was buffed to godmode on the oni patch.

Now you can run around the WHOLE map with "deep wounds" and it wont ever tick down until.....you start walking?

balanced landing was only nerfed because of literal infinites that made you literally unkillable on some maps using that perk.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,796
    Options

I don't see how thats a buff no one actually died from deep wounds unless it was a Freddy

• xRem
    xRem Member Posts: 375
    edited December 2019
    Options

Mend time reduced and you can run to make the bar not go down, medkits? The green insanely fast, balanced as an exhaust perk is exactly the same, they removed what survivors were abusing for infinites and replaced it for a stealth secondary effect. It got nerfed for making things infinites and buffed for stealth.

If your referring to insta heals, let's have a chat about 2 items, one of which is basically the same vs a whole character and all her addons at the same time.

Killers had one perk made not to create infinites while survivors got freddy's bullshit build nerfed, which could be argued to be even and killers got the new killer nerfed and made less fun.

• Waffleyumboy
    Options

looks like neither side were hit too badly (except for the fact that everyone and their mom was using BL). BL is dead now. Freddy was broken and Oni's 180 flick was not intended

• ProfessorDunwich
    ProfessorDunwich Member Posts: 1,514
    Options

Killer players are getting tired of dealing with toxic SWF and the devs constantly nerfing killers with no buffs.

• douggie123
    douggie123 Member Posts: 1,316
    Options

You say that but are you aware of the hell which killers are forced to go through each and every match. Probably not.

• CrowFoxy
    CrowFoxy Member Posts: 1,310
    Options

It generally means not enough people are playing killer. (For good reason.)

• CrowFoxy
    CrowFoxy Member Posts: 1,310
    Options

I can get behind this and agree, killer is simply frustrating right now in high ranks.

• snozer
    snozer Member Posts: 776
    Options

Just play killer instead of waiting for a game then.

• DarKStaR350z
    DarKStaR350z Member Posts: 635
    Options

What region and console do you play on btw?

Im PS4 UK region and same as OP my killer queues are instant and survivor queues are 5-10 minutes at least.

• StrodeWins
    StrodeWins Member Posts: 274
    Options

my queue times are just fine from a survivor standpoint.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options

The most likely answer is there are simply not enough high rank killers to survivors. This is probably due to killer being a bit harder to rank up and players that decided killer is too stressful. Though the stressful part is ridiculous to me. The only stress in this game, is the stress you place on yourself.

• Bill_I_Am__Overbeck
    Bill_I_Am__Overbeck Member Posts: 312
    edited December 2019
    Options

The issue is that any killer that can't pull off mind games (with or without a mindgaming ability, like Spirit) with a decent red rank survivor is left having to chase them across the map loop after loop. Even if you do abandon chase, that's valuable seconds that the rest of the team might use to work on generators.

Against a really coordinated team, most likely they'll fan out if they spawn together and start working on 3 gens while the chased guy runs you around. You finally down him, and 3 gens pop. That leaves 2 gens left, so another survivor is free to be altruistic and help his teammate while the other 2 survivors are working on generators. Ruin usually goes down really fast (I've seen small game a lot more than I'd think on those teams), and any killer with low mobility still has to get to the generator to apply pop.

Stressful? You could say that.