How did you behave when you first started playing dbd?

I remember when I first started. I gravitated towards Meg and Huntress. I became the survivor main I am today because of Meg, I used to jump irl when I got hit because I was scared of the game.

How did you behave?

Β«1

Comments

• Apple2o
    Apple2o Member Posts: 624

I think I got wrecked as billy a few times, eventually transitioning into a wraith main. I remember my first game was as billy on old badham and I got absolutely ruined. Quickly started playing toxic as I climbed the ranks, a result of the constant survivor bullying.

Tunneling, slugging, and camping were routine and I changed my name to "el camperino" because I thought that was hilarious after someone called me it.

• kate_main
    kate_main Member Posts: 178

I played like a chicken.

Feng was the first character I prestiged to P1, then I fell in love with Kate's optimistic and altruistic personality and lore uwu

• chase131119
    chase131119 Member Posts: 839

Well, my brother had been playing the game for a few months before I decided to give it a shot. My first game was against a nurse and I survived and... technically my first game I gave a 5-gen chase. Well, all I did was run in a straight line the entire game and she couldn't catch me, still don't know why.

First game as killer I decided to play Leatherface and I knew absolutely nothing. My brother kept telling me to look for scratch marks and I had absolutely no clue what those were, took me a week to realize what he meant. It's not that I saw them and didn't know what they were, I genuinely just didn't see them.

Now my brother has only 200 hours in the game and I have around 800 :)

• starkiller1286
    starkiller1286 Member Posts: 889

I was an emursed survivor Claud when I play I am still stealthy but am more of a support role as I do gens.

Liked the invisivility aspect of wraith and started to main him and liked teleporting around as nurse. Later dropped her for doc amd added huntress to my 3 most played.

• Unicorn
    Unicorn Member Posts: 2,340

I literally crouch walked everywhere. I didn't know Perks existed and the heartbeat terrified me. Everytime I heard it I didn't know how to react or what to do lol.

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

I was survivor main for my first ~100 hours. I was usually very immersed and scared because of everything. And i played claudette and nea at the start.

• feechima
    feechima Member Posts: 906
    edited December 2019

I started out playing Feng because I thought she was cute. I was scared as all get it. I got off the gen every time I heard the killer terror radius. I wish I could remember my first killer. I think it was the trapper. I remember it would take a few minutes for my heart rate to go down at the start of the match. Not to mention I, along with all the other rank 20s, blew the h*ll out of the gens.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,971

ran everywhere because I didn't know what scratch marks were

• Talmeer
    Talmeer Member Posts: 1,520
    edited December 2019

Pretty adrenaline rushed in the first games as Legion (the DLC I had bought with dbd) and I always tryed to kill everyone until I first hitted the red ranks.

After that experience I had develop a more chilling playstyle and today I let most of the times a survivor or more go, if a archive-task not force me to kill everyone, or someone annoys me to much.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,615

Pretty much the same as i do now: Stealth stealth stealth or kill kill kill.

• lynelmane
    lynelmane Member Posts: 549

For the first month or so of me playing survivor, I would get really really anxious and scared. My heart rate would jump really high and i'd get that kind of scared shakiness in my hands. Mostly because I was still not used to the fast-paced nature of the game. I played Meg and always used adrenaline, so staying alive until the end was a goal of mine every time.

As killer I would panic when a survivor got too close and I would miss a lot because I couldn't focus properly.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,905

Like a big 'ol potato.

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396

This is me. I don’t have the gaming capabilities to loop like some better players can. So I become Mr Sneaky McSneak.

As a killer, I feel bad if I realize I’m up against a bunch of potatoes and end up letting them farm more than I should, but I remember how hard the game is at first since I started playing only under two months ago.

Now, if they blind me while farming, they die. It hate it along with getting hit with the pallet.

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,047

I was that Feng as well. Killer in was better at though it took me awhile to start going against good survivors say rank 15ish. Than I was destroyed got on the Ruin train. Few months later relearned killed without Ruin.

• camgaming_dbd
    camgaming_dbd Member Posts: 191

we'll I played as claudette First didn't know How to play as killer like I was blind wouldn't find survivors but one day I played as Myers started hitting survivors didn't know what was going on like I was freaking out & picked up piggie she showed me not to camp and she become my main but I play all killers now

Edit: my English isn't great I have Dyslexia

• JC316
    JC316 Member Posts: 693

I got it on humble bundle back in 2018 and played maybe an hour as survivor. The learning curve was BRUTAL since I couldn't find a playable tutorial, only text. It was too stressful, so I moved on. Came back to it after Noob3 and Monto came into my youtube feeds.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

As killer, I've always loved Nurse. Oni is probably the only killer who comes close to my love for Nurse. Although, Billy and Huntress are very fun too. Problem is they are both quite hard to play and I simply haven't invested enough time into them for it to matter.

As survivor, I loved being stealthy in the beginning. Now I prefer to loop. Although, stealth is still quite enjoyable for me.

• Lofepramine
    Lofepramine Member Posts: 174

I would have liked to play killer first because the idea of playing survivor made me anxious. The wait time for killer was extremely long before the first reset so I ended up playing survivor mainly (Meg). I still have troubles finding a match as killer, unfortunately, but now I think playing killer is way more stressful.

As survivor, I don't remember the first killer I've encountered, but I do remember one match where I got the Huntress and got irritated by her humming (I still find it horrible to play against her). And first time playing against Doctor I kept on yelling not being able to snap out of madness, prolly drove my mates mad.

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 2,010
    edited December 2019

Surprisingly not that terrible, iirc? I was never really super-immersed and I pretty quickly figured out that gens were the entire game. I guess I threw down pallets like crazy, but that's what you were supposed to do in 2016.

The only really bad thing I remember doing is running Deja Vu, but I had virtually no other perks at the time so it's not like I had a choice.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

I was a dweet that hid in lockers the first time killers make the gen patrol. I hated being found first. Anytime after first was fine but getting found first tilted me.

I got into the game with trapper though. Trapped pallets and what not. Enjoyed it casually and stopped playing every time I got above rank 10 on either side til I pushed rank 1 survivor side.

I'm just better at generators and finding people now. I run alert to avoid chases and discordance to start them. I either win or I don't.

• AhoyWolf
    AhoyWolf Member Posts: 4,100

I started playing when the Year of the Pig Event was happening, mainly Survivor with more experienced Friends.

I wasn't playing Killer at all the first month, because the queue times were too long. But one day I really wanted to try the Killer even if it took like 1 hour to find a lobby, the first Killer I played was Wraith, and I loved him. After some time I was playing a lot more Killers and my favorite at the time was the Nurse.

And now I'm here, I play both roles equally, as a Survivor I main Ace and as a Killer I main the Legion.

• Iron
    Iron Member Posts: 241

I started right after Hag's release. I was instantly a Nea main because I fell in love with her aesthetic and loved Wraith and Nurse as well. One of my first matches I got sabotaged on a hill hook and didn't know that could happen so I stared at it not understanding why the prompt wasn't occuring for the hook. I got messaged by the person who did it apologizing because they realized I was new. I've been playing with him for almost 3 years now. :)

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,615

It was always just my preferred playstyle to out-sneak the Killer.

Looping might stall them for long if you're better than the Killer, but if the sneak near your Generator is successful, you'll either waste the Killer's time since they wanna find you, or they go away and you can immediately jump back in to complete the primary goal.

There's also been a few matches where i as Killer just could not for the life of me find one of them, always impresses me, far more than running in circles.

• Myers_loves_KFC
    Myers_loves_KFC Member Posts: 5

I started killer main because it seemed cool. I went to wraith and then trapper and I liked trapper but not the wraith too much. I stayed as a killer main and started learning new killers (Doctor and Spirit), later on dabbled in huntress and then got the Halloween dlc and played as Michael. Have only been playing for about a month1/2 to 2 months but have a lvl50 spirit and 45michael with the others at about 30

• Spooky13
    Spooky13 Member Posts: 1,471

My first game as survivor was as a poor baby Dweet. I think it was a MacMillan map because I remember the bluish purple atmosphere. I tried to help do gens, but no joke, it took me around 2 months before I figured out the right button for skill checks. Meaning I either blew up the gen constantly, or I pressed every button on my controller in a frenzy hoping to hit whatever the right button was to complete the skill check.

As killer, my first game was as Doctor on Gas Heaven. Never found a single survivor and the gens were done almost instantly. I didn't know you had to shock survivors directly and thought it was a minefield, meaning I zapped everything thinking some survivor would run though it and go crazy. Oh how wrong I was.

I quickly started going in as Wraith and got destroyed pretty much constantly in yellow and green ranks. This was all before Wraith's great QoL changes with Windstorm being basekit. Back when Wraith was regarded as the second worst killer, right above Freddy. But I stuck with Wraith, eventually deciding to pick up Billy and Huntress. Around the time Shattered Bloodline came out, I took a huge break, coming back when Demise of the Faithful came out. I have since then picked up Legion, even after their huge nerf even though I never moonwalked or abused Filthy + Nasty Blade, Ghostface, Demo, Plague, and Oni, in that order.

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396

I did that today against a Hag. She never saw me until I was at the exit gate, waiting to say goodbye to her. One of my teammates was mad that I urban evaded the whole match, and I had to point out that its not my fault everyone is stupid and can't crouch through traps.

• FJSJ_Lunar
    FJSJ_Lunar Member Posts: 230

I played like tru3.

Took the game way too seriously and sweat my dick off.

I got a merciless as legion my very first game tho. Woo... sweat. Fun stuff.

• BaldursGate2
    BaldursGate2 Member Posts: 994

Toxic. I played 130 hours only survivor and thought, the game were pretty much killer sided. But as i played killer now much more, i know that isn't true at all.

In fact, it is swf sided and solo survs are the poorest ppl overall.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

I started with the Pig... first kill was a head pop lol... was one of those "didn't care enough for a 4k".... then I ran into toxic survivors who changed my state of mind...

If you're going be toxic I'll give it right back... or the survivors in the next game are getting try hard killer lol

But overall I have fun rather it's dealing with a Sabo (solo or swf) or a teabagger on every pallor drop... I laugh and move on

• Victor_hensley
    Victor_hensley Member Posts: 800

Started as happy, ended as depressed, because ######### SWFs

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

i was too scared to play survivor, so i became a killermain xD

the same thing happened yet again when doc first dropped xDD (i remember swearing to myself that i would never ever play survivor again, since these faces popping up on your screen when you enter madness would be too scary lol)

i was a different person back then...

• iBetClaudette
    iBetClaudette Member Posts: 299

I'd freak out every time the exposed icon would show. I always thought the killer was looking at me and I'd run like hell for no good reason.

• ASAPTurtle
    ASAPTurtle Member Posts: 968

I remember my first match. I was literally shaking during the entire thing.

• xCarrie
    xCarrie Member Posts: 982
    edited December 2019

My first ever survivor match was against a hillbilly on the game map. I died and cried :)

Hearing the heartbeat made me panic and every time I heard the chainsaw I just ran to nowhere and hid. I have a big ol fear of chainsaws so when I got chased and heard it...I pretty much just shutdown. My chases were about 10 seconds long too so that was coool. I was terrified, but still played and found some cool friends I play with still. 😌

As for killer. I don’t wanna talk about it.

• LigmaEnigma
    LigmaEnigma Member Posts: 2

I was immersive as (insert bad word) at the beginning as a survivor, played mostly Feng cus skill checks were my weakness then switched over to Claud cus I found out she can heal herself πŸ˜‚ I miss getting the s**t scared out of me. and I enjoyed being a killer at first , used to play mostly huntress and then Freddy when he first came out , now I don't bother with killer as much, got bored of being a lonely killer .

• Gravewalker200
    Gravewalker200 Member Posts: 451
    edited December 2019

I started with claudette because I heard she was practically invisible. Then I realized that wasn't true and moved to the generic toxic nea i am today.

• feechima
    feechima Member Posts: 906

Only started playing killer about 4 months ago. I don't really like playing killer as I rather save people off the hook than put them on it, but I wanted to get into the mind of a killer to become a better survivor. As a killer that doesn't really care about killing I focus on learning mindgames and survivor thinking patterns. I also wanted to know the capabilities and weakness of every killer. It wasn't until I started playing hag that I really understood her add-ons and their potential.

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,047

Trapper is also good for this. I heard Freddy was as well I didn't test him tho.

• TheCrookedMan
    TheCrookedMan Member Posts: 282

I watched a bunch of DBD beforehand, so at rank 20 on killer I easily wrekt people

• Honesty21
    Honesty21 Member Posts: 36
    edited January 2022

I was like a deer in headlights! πŸ¦’ But I started with Claudette, it helped. LOVE LOVE the game!

Post edited by Honesty21 on
  • tenoresax
    tenoresax Member Posts: 796

I remember I was a Wraith main when I started, I used to hook someone and then cloak and camp nearby way more than I really should've been.

• Honesty21
  • Mdawgu
    Mdawgu Member Posts: 408

I was happy to have a new game with a fun dynamic and different gameplay. Now I'm bitter, spiteful and generally depressed anytime i load it up.

• Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842

As survivor: Spent half the game hiding in the basement lol

As killer: Sadness until I got good. I don't know if I had any specific habits I just didn't know how to mind game or use any power effectively.

• CyberDragoon656
    CyberDragoon656 Member Posts: 960

I thought the game was fun and enjoyable even if I had issues now however I realized it's survivor biased and the devs are spearheading that issue.

• Honesty21
  • Honesty21

I feel a sense of man I got a lot of s*** to do as soon as it starts loading up but it is still fun to play. Retired me a place with some really good friends of yours and they yell at you for not getting a generator done quick enough for you know something but don't worry I tell him right off back πŸ˜‚

• I facecamped the survivors and kept hitting them on the hook because I thought it would make them die faster lol. I mean, as someone who was new to game it was somewhat of an obvious assumption, isn't it?

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,016

I Convinced myself Selfcare and Empathy were the best perks in the game.

I played claudette and instead of letting my lil sister (who has been playing way longer) heal me i self cared

• AnchorTea
    AnchorTea Member Posts: 1,019

My first ever killer match was as Nurse. You can guess how that went.