A different reason to Prestige

Options

Someone was talking about making perks that are teachable perks have higher levels based on Prestige level, and this got me thinking about a different idea:

One of the big issues I've always had with DbD is there's no reason to play the different survivors other than cosmetics. Thus, I think I have a solution:

Each Prestige level gives that Survivor/Killer, and them alone, a Tier 4 version of the perk. Other Survivors cannot use the Tier 4 version, only up to Tier 3. So let's go through a majority of them (aka, I'm gonna discuss my idea on 1 for each Survivor/Killer.)

Survivors:

Dwight: Bond: The Obsession can be seen anywhere on the map. If you are the Obsession, reveal your aura to all Survivors anywhere on the map.

Meg: Sprint Burst: For 30 seconds, or until Meg makes a complete stop for 1 second (whichever occurs first), Meg gains %5 movement speed.

Claudette: Botany Knowledge: While in a bush, can "gather herbs" to create a "botanical first aid kit" (same thing as a basic brown med-kit, but ignores Mangled.)

Jake: Saboteur: Can Sabotage an already Sabotaged hook to permanently break it. Can only occur to one hook per match.

Nea: Balanced Landing: While exhausted, stagger duration from falls is reduced by %50.

Laurie: Sole Survivor: While the Obsession, your Aura cannot be revealed by any perks. (doesn't affect items)

Ace: Ace in the Hole: The first chest you search will always contain an Ultra Rare Key.

Bill: Unbreakable: While active (haven't recovered once), you are immune to Exposed. Does not affect Chainsaws, Tier 3 Myers, or Iri hatchets.

Feng: Technician: %100 chance for a failed Skill check to not cause a Generator Explosion.

David: No Mither: %100 reduced grunts of pain. After being saved during Stage 2, No Mither deactivates.

Quentin: Wake Up!: Once there's only 2 Generators left, the Exit Gates are revealed to you.

Tapp: Stake Out: Gain Tokens over 5 seconds, and increase Token count to 8.

Dance With Me: Increase duration to 10 seconds.

Adam: Autodidact: Start at %0 Progression penalty.

Jeff: Distortion: Increase tokens to 6.

Jane: Solidarity: Healing an injured survivor with a med-kit also heals you at %100 conversion rate.

Mettle of Man: Starts active. Works on any hit.

Nancy: Better Together: Generator aura is now Global.

Steve: Babysitter: Increase all durations by 6 seconds. During your allies duration, if they take a hit and you're within protection range, you'll take the hit instead.

Yui: Lucky Break: Decrease duration to 45 seconds. Can become active again after fully healing.

Killers:

Trapper: Brutal Strength: No longer destroys pallets and damages generators faster. Remove 1 kick from the animation.

Wraith: Predator: Scratch marks are now replaced with an actual visible footprint trail.

Billy: Lightborn: Cannot be Blinded.

Nurse: Thanatophobia: Dead survivors count towards the penalty.

Shape: Dying Light: No longer an Obsession perk, although the Obsession will still get the speed bonuses. Obsession will be affected by speed penalty.

Hag: Ruin: After the Totem is destroyed, all repair skillchecks will no longer have the Great Skill Check Zone.

Doctor: Overcharge: Add two additional Skill checks of Considerable difficulty.

Huntress: Lullaby: After the Totem is destroyed, reduce the number of tokens on it by 1. Lullaby affect persists, except for the bonus regression penalty.

Bubba: Knock Out: No Aura is shown at any range.

Nightmare: Fire Up: Fire up gains a point in it's buff every 120 seconds. Fire Up caps out at %40. Any buffs to the speeds that Fire Up affects do not stack above %40.

Pig: Surveillance: All Generators start with a white aura. Generators that regress to %0 remain White.

Clown: PGTW: Duration is infinite.

Spirit: Rancor: Reveals all Survivors auras for 3 seconds. All Survivors see your aura.

Legion: Mad Grit: For the duration of the paused wiggle timer, Survivor Struggling will not cause strafing.

Plague: Corrupt Intervention: Affects 4 Generators.

Ghostface: I'm All Ears: No cooldown, but 3 second duration.

Demogorgon: Surge: No Cooldown, Global Range. No longer puts Generators into Regression.

Oni: Nemesis: Obsession is permanently Oblivious.

Yes, some of these are absolutely broken and/or weak, but I'm also coming up with these when I'm half asleep. If anyone has any better ideas, post em'

Comments

• TheRoyalOwl
    TheRoyalOwl Member Posts: 749
    Options

Can't wait for the new survivor meta.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318
    Options

Mettle of Man buff is too op. Unbreakable punishes low tiers too much. Babysitter would be a pain to code. Sprint Burst too op. Balanced Landing should only be 25% or less. Change Autodidact to start with 1 token. Everything else looks good to me.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318
    Options

Ok distortion should only be 5 tokens

• Gravewalker200
    Gravewalker200 Member Posts: 451
    Options

Cool ideas, broken in gameplay

• MrTbagFace
    MrTbagFace Member Posts: 73
    Options

And of course little quentin got the worst effect,thats bullying

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,026
    Options

One thing with all of these is that the devs are very careful of balancing around the thought of things stacking, which is the reason why tinkerer got reworked. A Meg being able to move at 105% speed would be pretty much untouchable if ya went ahead and tossed on Hope too. Freddy having the 40% reduction is vaulting and pallet break would be abit much when paired with brutal strength or Bamboozle.

• Spooky13
    Spooky13 Member Posts: 1,471
    Options

Yikes, absolutely completely broken for most of these.

Meg: Paired with hope, you are about as fast as a 110% killer.

Laurie: Paired with Object of Obsession gives you free wallhacks with no downside.

Bill: Ghostface's stalk is gone 🦀

Kate: Pair with Lithe, Iron Will, and Quick and Quiet and it is a guaranteed chance to lose the chase.

Ash: Free hit, hurting M1 killers even more, just like the original MoM did.

Billy: Completely removed flashlights from the game. Makes flashlight challenges impossible to get.

Doctor: With the go to Doc build of Distressing, Overcharge, and Unnerving Presence, hitting 3 in a row will be nearly impossible.

Bubba: Hurts solo queue so much.

Freddy: Doing everything 40% faster? A better Brutal Stength and Bamboozle.

Pig: You know when a survivor is working on a gen, anywhere, anytime. Makes it nearly impossible for survivors to work on gens.

Oni: One survivor cannot hear your terror radius or see your red stain. Worse than Freddy's Black Box. Almost a guaranteed DC.

A lot of these sound nice on paper, but would absolutely destroy the game for both sides.

• justaSpirit_phase
    justaSpirit_phase Member Posts: 142
    Options

Bruh read the end of his discussion, they know a lot of them are op and broken. They just wanted to show examples lol