Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Anyone else stopped playing?

Recently with the release of the Cursed Legacy Chapter it brought along a lot of bugs for both sides mainly killer, because of this I've stopped playing killer completely due to the fact that some of these bugs are game breaking for the killer and with the recent hotfix that nerfed Oni and Freddy but they didn't fix the Wraith's bug or the sounds issue it has made it much more frustrating to play as killer. Due to this reason I won't be playing killer until they push out a fix to all these problems. BHVR made sure to fix the medkit problems ASAP but not the Wraith just seems a bit off to me.

Comments

• MrsMaliciousX
    MrsMaliciousX Member Posts: 736

Play some survivor lol.

it gets annoying after a while..but what can ya do

• Myers_Is_My_Dad
    Myers_Is_My_Dad Member Posts: 42

I've been holding off on playing so I don't feel burnt out at all when they release the Tome Four, I like doing the challenges so I've been waiting for that.

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

That's an opinion, a valid opinion, but an opinion. Play other games for a while, i played a lot of civilisation in my vacation, it's a fun game.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

I've been playing Last Year the last two days, and am loving it, despite some issues.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

I wouldn't exactly say I've stopped playing DBD but I'm definitely taking some sort of a break at the moment unless you consider playing about 2-3 games every few days "an active player". I'm not frustrated or anything, though. There's just other interesting games that I'm enjoying at the moment. After thousands of DBD hours I tend to get bored quite quickly even if I win every match.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

I still play the game daily.

• xCarrie
    xCarrie Member Posts: 982

I’m most likely waiting until the next rift, seems like a good enough break. I’ve been playing other games and surprisingly Minecraft has gained all my attention with the update on PS4. I can’t stay away from this game for a long time because I’ll start to miss it and want to play again, it’s an addiction. 😔

• MrsMaliciousX
    MrsMaliciousX Member Posts: 736

I stopped playing for about 2 weeks..Came back did my dailies finished the tomes..I am only playing now because honestly, im hoping for a winter update. Plus tomorrow they are putting out the 4th tier thingy of the tome..So I dont wanna be a complete potato at rank 5 :')

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,309

I play almost daily but I also play several other games. Some days I play a lot, some days I just see what daily I have and then I'm done.

I can't play any game exclusively to be honest, I've burnt out on games in the past by doing it and I don't really want that to happen.

• Vetrathene
    Vetrathene Member Posts: 1,425

I stopped playing because of all the killer nerfs.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

I play Plague mostly due to sound and scratchmarks issues

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693

I play a few games a day, at least.

Even at the worst of times, it's fun to whack people or run around aimlessly.

• nooxet
    nooxet Member Posts: 88

Take a break from the game until the bugs are fixed. It will also make it more fun to play when you return so it's a win win situation.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,897

Nope. Still play it daily. Need that Dweet fix.

• Elvenmonk
    Elvenmonk Member Posts: 367

Certain bugs are easier to fix.

They could be trying to fix one and then when they finally fix it more stuff breaks. Programming is a lot like that.

I doubt they prioritize bugs like the med kits over sounds and features not working. Just those are way more complex.

With a tower defense game I made trying to fix a spawn glitch for the bad guys caused me to find a new one to stop towers from spawning and I fixed that much quicker than the bad guys not spawning. The tower took a hour and sub 10 lines of code. The spawn glitch took 5 lines of code and three days. As well as path finding readjustment and fixing a getter.

• MightyBardin
    MightyBardin Member Posts: 14

Yeah I’ve just stopped playing all together. The game was fun for awhile but I started to feel like that the killers had no appreciation from the Devs. While that may not actually be the case, it certainly felt so in a few cases. Such as the Legion. I’ve seen a lot of cries out for the Freddy treatment for the Legion, but instead we got nerfs. So my interest in the game just kinda dropped off.

• Sylorknag
    Sylorknag Member Posts: 760
    edited December 2019

Had no space to install CTR, so I went on and deleted DBD.

It feels good man.

Gonna wait til they actually balance the around high lvl play. (Guess I'm not coming back lol).

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,140

Well, PS4 definitely has one less killer (me) for now. It's just rarely fun, and when I would try to take a break from killer and play survivor, it took so long to get a match I usually just gave up and turned the game off.

With all the bugs (especially those that make playing killer more difficult) and poor optimization and lack of events, not really sure what the point is, anymore. There should be regular-ish events to break up the monotony, but instead it's all tied to the Rift now which is just even more grind. You know, the thing the game already had too much of.

The least they could do is fix the audio in a timely manner. Also, Spirit shouldn't feel like she hits a wall when she comes out of phasing. Tired of the frame drops and the aim assist that mostly assists me in hitting the environment. And poor Legion, who I have a bunch of cosmetics for but never want to play as because the only killer less fun than them is Clown. Jeez.

• ThisGuuy83
    ThisGuuy83 Member Posts: 1,303

I've been playing since release on ps4, but the last couple months I've toned it waaay back. It's just not fun anymore. I've played both sides and I prefer to play as killer, but they keep making killers weaker and weaker, and it's just not fun anymore. The scare factor is almost completely gone, they keep giving survivors the power role for some reason, and everytime someone doesn't like something about a killer, instead of adapting, they come on here and whine the forums to death until it's nerfed. And let's not even get started on the frame rate, graphics, and sensitivity love we get on console. This game was great when it came out. Sure it had its issues, but it was still fun. Now, it seems like just a cash grab like soooo many other games...

• 53nation
    53nation Member Posts: 681

I've begun to almost make dates with this game, to not get burned out. Like if the stars align kind of dates.

"Maybe I'll work a half day friday and drink vodka/play dbd".

"Hey I have holiday time off around xmas, maybe I'll drink vodka/play dbd".

I look forward to these days? Not sure I would as much if I were a daily/semi daily player.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,970

eh been kinda getting bored no offense but this chapter really didn't add anything special to the table

• Xerge
    Xerge Member Posts: 928

I still play every day, but not as much as before. Playing killer is not very fun with the bad and annoying map design. However, last night I played killer for a while, not because I was getting a 4k or 3K on every game, but just because the maps I got were nice.

• Xerge
    Xerge Member Posts: 928

I still play every day, but not as much as before. Playing killer is not very fun with the bad and annoying map design. However, last night I played killer for a while, not because I was getting a 4k or 3K on every game, but just because the maps I got were nice.

• ArksnaVixone
    ArksnaVixone Member Posts: 30

I took a break because this game just dont want to give me a match (Survivor Ps4) and when i play killer the game is literally done in 5 min because of the gen rush, SWF, bugs in both sides, bad map design, weaker killers... Its really sad that the devs dont support their game at all.

• Tr0g
    Tr0g Member Posts: 241

This is why killers need some love. Survivors can't get matches because nobody wants to play killer. As a rank 16 killer you will often meet a full team of green rank survivors too, so much fun! All the whining survivors didn't realize they were killing their own game.

• JC316
    JC316 Member Posts: 693

Playing killer is a miserable experience right now, but I'm not going to quit. I've got my moneys worth, and I am mostly screwing around as killer, since there is no point trying vs people way outside of my rank and skill level.

• Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861

Not as much, maybe 1-2 times a week now for about an hour or so. I just find other games more enjoyable and rewarding for the amount of time and progression put in is all.

I would say to you to try another game. I didn’t want to for a long time because I was too busy too look into other games. Thankfully, a friend of mine gave me a code for Modern Warfare, and I am actually spending most of my time on there, while slowly letting go of DBD.

• Majora
    Majora Member Posts: 207

Devs refuse to nerf decisive strike and BT and wonder why so many killers are quitting their game

• Mhew
    Mhew Member Posts: 38

I did. Now since the disconnect penalty. I was seeing 90% of my matches killers abusing with tunneling and camping. So this disconnect penalty thing is worse than ever. And besides is bugged givin u 25mins even if ure not the one who left the match.

• T2K
    T2K Member Posts: 635

Im considering a break atm. Even my squad gets exhausted playing killer and survivor. The current matchmaking was a decisive game changer for us. I think its good to play other games now and then.

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962

I haven't been able to bring myself to play for almost a week... and I make content for the game lol

When you build a game around frustrating players and call it engaging gameplay, it wears thin pretty quickly.

• GhostofYharnam
    GhostofYharnam Member Posts: 597

I'm on break from Dbd for a couple weeks. I wanna play the new Gta, Red Dead, and Battlefront 2 updates.

• tetsuo
    tetsuo Member Posts: 151

I stopped today after reaching level 70 on the rift.

I’m having fun with Deadly Premonition rn

• Nhekii
    Nhekii Member Posts: 124

but the next rift opens right as this current one ends

don't you want to get the stuff in the next rift?

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

I actually did pause playing for now, but there's other reasons.

Been playing an other game a lot.

I'll pause that one once level 4 of this Tome is unlocked.

Though Wraith not having his super lunge really doesn't help my motivation. 😑

• Nhekii
    Nhekii Member Posts: 124

You know the charms are exclusives and will never be available ever again.

• T2K
  • SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962

There will be more lol

I'm currently writing up the new hag guide ;)

• T2K

Noice. That forces me to play again even though I wanted a break. take you time pls xD

• Piwatte
    Piwatte Member Posts: 162

I had to dc three times tonight as killer because of bugs (survivor stuck). So yeah, I will play something else next time.

• smappdooda
    smappdooda Member Posts: 544

The last few days for me has been nothing but 3-4 SWF and right now my motivation to play every day is just gone. After a while this game just gets.... grating(?) without a purpose to play other than "to play". I will likely jump on more when the next rift pops up but after that... who knows. This is how I felt back when legion came out. I just kinda lost interest due to a lackluster killer and bad balance and bugs and stepped away for a number of months.

Oni was not enough of a temptation either. He feels bland for me personally so I don't even have that new content to entice me. I am thinking when Last Year improves a few things I am gonna move over to that for a while.

• ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224

Playing escape from tarkov for now. I will likely return by next summer. Hopefully the game will be in a good place by then. kappa