We're not gonna act like gen speeds are fine as is right?

Options

Comments

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807
    Options

This kinda reasoning is why gen speeds are only a problem at the very start of the game.

Past that the Killer is capable of using momentum gained from hooks to buy them more time to get more hooks and so on. Meaning for most Killers it's reasonable to keep momentum going long enough to secure a win.

The issue is thus only either with Killers who have so little anti-loop that this isn't enough, or Killers that struggle early on and thus can't get that critical first down in time. This is also why both a secondary objective or speeding up Killers is both more effective than slowing down gens directly.

And even then there is obviously some degree where it stops to be a problem and starts to just be the Survivors doing better (which is the right reason to win)

• Sheldor
    Sheldor Member Posts: 213
    Options

Of course not. A gen should take 45 minutes to repair and constantly be visible in yellow while being worked on for the killer. Also all survivors who worked on it should show their aura to the killer constantly for 30 minutes. Also in the next round possibly. Remove all pallets. Remove all windows. And still killer mains will find something to whine about...

• Pokino
    Pokino Member Posts: 81
    Options

But the fact is a fair killer without camp or tunnel has to get 24 hits to kill everyone, which means 24 surv mistakes... as killer, even 3 or 4 mistakes could mean a complete defeat and gg ez for survs.

• RIP_Legion
    RIP_Legion Member Posts: 428
    edited December 2019
    Options

Not asking for an easy win, why not read and actually see why I said what I did and then add to the conversation. Is punishing toxicity and rewarding fair play such an awful idea?

• RIP_Legion
    Options

Exactly, that's why I want to reward fair play by adding a small secondary objective but not just make playing against people who play scummy even worse.

• The_Sharp_Ninja
    The_Sharp_Ninja Member Posts: 39
    Options

This may be true, but if they balance for the top players the lower players will eventually quit thinking the game is too difficult. That loses BHVR money to use to update the game and make it better.

• Sheldor
    Sheldor Member Posts: 213
    Options

Its not that this game is actually rewarding hide and seek tactics. Most maps get generated with open spaces where you can see survivors across 75-80 % of the map since the engine change in 1.4. And back then generator times where even shorter than today. Most of the games I see when I play random end with at least 3 survivors dead on the hook at ranks 10-4 so I do not see how and why generator times should be extended even more. I would rather like to see a lot of design mistakes revoked or reworked, for example that killers can actually see survivors over most obstacles like boxes or hay cubes for examples. And for my taste the ultimate crutch for killers, the scratch marks, have completely lost their justification to still even be in the game at all.

• RIP_Legion
    Options

You talk like it was even remotely balanced back then, double pallets in one spot, pallet vacuum, double open windows where there's no need, shorter gen times, even slower vaulting if I remember correctly, old DS being the biggest crutch perk in the game by far. Not to mention nobody was even talking about hide and seek/stealth, I don't wanna be rude but if you wanna talk about that make a different post.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,424
    edited December 2019
    Options

The only thing that these type of videos show is that many if not most of the players asking for gen speed to be slowed down or a “secondary objective” is that you want more time to correct your mistakes and at the cost of a survivor out-performing you no longer being a thing.

Also, slowing down gens would also benefit campers who clearly want to play the game in a way where it is just to annoy survivors (i.e. Not chasing, don’t care about emblem points). Because only focusing on gens is the direct counter to camping.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Options

You know this is old righ?....... as in no cooldown for nurse...... you ask zubat to play nurse right now and he'll do it for money but he says shes in a bad spot.. as in unfun AF.

• Sylorknag
    Sylorknag Member Posts: 760
    Options

My ruin was getting popped in the first 30 sec of the game 7/10 times. Has to stop using cause survivors literally still spawn on top of the damn thing.

• TheCrookedMan
    TheCrookedMan Member Posts: 282
    Options

It seems apparent to me that you are fine with the current rate that generators can be done. If that's the case, and you and the devs believe this, then that's fine, I'll put my faith into you guys and further attempt to hone my own skills to deal with it. But can I ask what's your in depth opinion on the matter. I think it would do myself, and the other large portion of the community who believe this is an issue some good if you would get into the thought process behind it, and get into why you believe it's fair.

• TheCrookedMan
    Options

The people who want a secondary objective are normally survivors who would rather do something else than repair a generator for 80 seconds.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    Options

Of course I do and why I posted a more recent video with new Nurse as well 😛. I also said the same just a few posts back to someone else.

Sometimes it's better to read the whole thread 😉.

• TheCrookedMan
    Options

Also something I want to add correcting your mistakes is the reason I think slowdowns, BT, Ruin, NOED, and DS are not only fine, but absolutely necessary. This game is based around snowballing into a sure win for both sides where the opposing side can feel completely helpless and that's just really no fun. At some point you've won the game and everything afterwards is just kicking a man while he's down. At worst, these perks and the like are tools that can be used to further an already sure victory.

• Bravo0413
    Options

Oh? I'm going to have to find it then!.... is it of zubat again? Him playing the new omega blink nurse?

Either way dude... you're using one of the best players in DBD... and even then he loses to survivors when they wanna win... just yesterday he played a Billy match and depipped..

• darkknight287
    darkknight287 Member Posts: 42
    Options

If you use commodious tool box then it only takes 60 seconds to do a gen these gen times are horrible

• darkknight287
    darkknight287 Member Posts: 42
    Options

It's not the best example because 3 gens can be done in about the first minute and a half of the match, which means technachly a game could end in about 3-4 minutes of the killer isnt playing or is just so bad they cant find anyone. But more realistically the games will end in about 6 minutes because survivors dont want to leave their team behind

• twistedmonkey
    edited December 2019
    Options

Yes it's the omega blink nurse one but since you know Zubat you will know how fast he can and does win games at times.

Doesn't matter if he is one of the best as even they will and do lose sometimes. It just shows that out of the games you probably watched you saw one 😉. Scott loses quite a lot and so does Tru3 but in terms of win ratio they are all far above the 50% ratio and I would say even 75% for these players.

It shows good players do well at the game.

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773
    Options

How could he? No one could do any better in this situation. It's simply not physically possible too down/hook people and pressure gens when the survivors only hold M1. This wasn't the killer playing bad, it was survivors abusing gen speed too end games faster then they should. The problem is gen speeds, they need changes. No game should end in 5 mins unless the killer is afk.

• Bravo0413
    Options

Yes

Yes

But I also know how he feels about the other killers that are not spirit, billy, huntress the top of the list and that he always expects to lose when he plays any other killers and that's why he does the same rotation.

I understand that any good player will do well in a match... but that doesnt mean that the main objective doesnt need some TLC.

• Widowmaker8197
    Widowmaker8197 Member Posts: 88
    Options

That's actually not a bad idea coming from a survivor main. Good thinking.

• twistedmonkey
    edited December 2019
    Options

It's very hard to balance now with how the game has progressed.

While I think some killers in the lower tier could do with some love these good could players may find the game extremely boring then.

I think the main issue is the ranking and matchmaking atm. Killers need to be looked at separately for a rank system so using their powered doesn't hurt an emblem. Killing 2 should be a pip with say 5 hooks total.

The game is a lot more balanced than its ever been and there wasn't this many complaints with the victory cube even though it was far harder for killers.

If it werent for all the existing slow down perks I would agree 100% that a second objective is needed but the game has changed so much from what it was realistically all those perks would need reworked along with slow down add-ons.

I would agree at red ranks the game is so different from brown to green. It's why I think the game could be changed as you rank up in brackets of 5. This would mean an incentive to do so of course and stay there.

Blood points earned increase.

normal in 20-16

+33% in 15-11

+66% in 10-6

And in ranks 5+ you got 100% more blood points earned but you also get 360 auric cells if you are in that bracket at reset.

That's one free skin or a free rift pass every three months along with being able to lesson the grind.

That may not be enough for some but it's a start and something to think about.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,424
    edited December 2019
    Options

@TheCrookedMan

Im all for making the game more interesting while adding content for both survivor and killer that isn’t for the sake of giving extra time because that side wasn’t proactively successful in finishing their objective.

Also, the people who want a secondary objective from where I’ve been reading are killers. Survivors only respond because the idea that gens could be slower is already an awful/unfun idea to begin with. Not because they fully agree with it.

This isn’t the direction the devs seem to want to go in. Hence why builds like Forever Freddy are gone.

You brought up slow down perks, and I think that is fine. Time to spare is also one that allows you to correct your mistakes. Under a version of gens where they are slowed down what purpose would some of them serve other than to make the matches awefully long. Not to mention the huge benefit for making up for time you otherwise didn’t use wisely....

You missed a few swings? No worries Gens are slow now, you can miss a couple more times.

Wasted your time, looking for that Claudette because you didn’t know when to stop? No worries, gen speed now rewards you more time so you can afford to look for that one survivor.

Want to camp but fear that gens will pop too quick? We got you! You can rest assured maybe 1 will pop and you can camp a survivor all the way till their death, and you the game will still reward you more kills.

• Zoldyar
    Zoldyar Member Posts: 438
    Options

You are pretty much admitting that those who are noob and play as surivior, stand no chance against a noob killer because the killer is capable of handling red rank suriviors who are experience. The devs has already shown that solo suriviors struggle to get above a 50% chance of escaping, so now the percentage would just decrease massively if they balance it on top players.

Not only that, but how is it any different to how the game is now? Noob killers are still superior to noob suriviors, but pro suriviors are superior to a pro killer. All you are doing is making it less balance because now killers would be more superior to noob suriviors and pro.

• Simply_Ghostface
    Simply_Ghostface Member Posts: 22
    Options

Make Totem worth 2k bold. This will make it more enticing for survivors to not do gens and do other things

• Zoldyar
    Zoldyar Member Posts: 438
    Options

Let's make it simple and quick.

Killer mains have shown that they are capable of finishing a game quicker than suriviors doing gens. So by you addressing gen time even though the devs have shown multiple times of killers getting above a 50% kill rate, do you want killers kill rate to be 100%?

• nerdguy5
    nerdguy5 Member Posts: 52
    Options

Here we go with another “I think this NEEDS to change so that the game is fair for everyone and everyone gets their fair share of Choccy Chip Cookies” 👀 needs milk? Everyone will get the same amount per glass. Don’t worry

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,619
    Options

Literally by the time you find your first survivor, a gen can already be done. Who can defend that, really?

• CrispyChestnuts
    CrispyChestnuts Member Posts: 175
    Options

Lol okay good job marginalizing your dissenters, barely even worth responding to. Your meowmeowbeanz score is too low to even consider your response

• Sherlock4061
    Sherlock4061 Member Posts: 1
    Options

The thing is, the game will never be able to punish killers playing using the easy button because what can the dev's do? Nothing to stop them from doing it. Give them less points you say? Doesnt matter when they can still 4k and ruin everyone's game. The gen speed is fine where it is, there's a number of perks and killers that outright stall the game and makes it severely brutal to do gens. And no we should not balance the game around the 5% of players that are in the highest ranks because in semi high to mid ranks is where most of the realistic problems lie when everyone isn't playing with a sweat stain dripping from their forehead and have mastered the games mechanics to the T. And to add to that, changing anything about this game that crucial would mutilate the console players. Not everything should be based around a pc game and on how pc plays. On console you are not going to insta 360 the killer, you are not going to get great skill cheeks every second and you're going to make it that much easier to play as killer. The reality of the situation is, killer has such ease of use that asking for the game to take longer and give the killer more breathing room because "oh wa'ah killer is so hard" is utter crap. You take a decent group verse decent killer, killer wins. You take a sweat killer vs a sweat team, full on, killer still comes out with at least 2 kills and still has the highest blood points for the match. The fact of the matter is, killers can kill only one person in a game and still have nearly the same BP's as the survivor that had to play perfectly to escape. The amount of effort it takes for the amount of BP's you earn while doing things as both killer and survivors Is extremely killer favored. There is very little punishment at all for killers playing with an easy button nor does it punish killers enough when they make mistakes considering it takes 1 mistake to get hit and a second to get downed, with near flawless execution to pull off a good chase that will still end up in that person dying at some point and that killer could of made hundreds of mistakes but will still win the chase. When it comes to pros vs cons for both sides, killer wins out in both categories, more pros, less cons.

• dangerousoutlite
    Options

Dude just scout gens every now and then and break them throw over charge in there and you gravy

• Jashaun
    Jashaun Member Posts: 6
    Options

stop complaining lol, not enough pressure was applied ig and thus made the game easy for survivors. tunneling is a horrible excuse for kills

• Skywclu
    Skywclu Member Posts: 43
    Options

I totally agree with you about the face camping thing. I just played a match and got hooked after trying to protect a teammate, so my teammate unhooks me and the Ghost Face decides to come out from behind the wall he was hiding and get me. So, I'm on my second hook get rescued, then he comes out of nowhere again and sacrifices me.

• RIP_Legion
    Options

Then don't, I don't care what you think lol. Barely even worth responding to smh

• ravekid
    ravekid Member Posts: 18
    Options

The streamer just did the math better than the killer. The nurse player choose to hunt every survivor instead of tunneling 1 or 2 of them down. It has nothing to do with gens.

Totems already has there roles, just use inner strength.

☮️

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    Options

The irony of people drawing conclusions that gens are too fast from these videos that get posted every other week but disregarding anyone who brings up stats of 1000s of matches the devs tracked.

• Dragonu
    Dragonu Member Posts: 38
    Options

But the killer played well and the survivors made alot more mistakes jesus imagine balancing your game around " you win you lose sometines " so damn tilting

• profaned
    profaned Member Posts: 55
    Options

Describe how a killer should "play fair"

If a killer is face Camping then do gens, it's the killers fault if they stand there and wait for other survivors while they do the objective, the killer shouldn't be punished directly for camping, the camping killer would be punished based on survivor actions

• snozer
    snozer Member Posts: 776
    Options

TLDR

Killer must play perfect with zero mistakes and ability to mind game obstacles that we put 300 holes in so survivors can keep track of them at all times with no effort.

survivors can make as many mistakes as they want and we will padd it out with second chance perks and multiple chances to live from the hook, because potato balance.

• snozer
    Options

And then you watch their vids and realize the survivors they win against fall for moon walking. and then when you try it yourself, nobody falls for it.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    Options

What philosophy do you think they should balance around instead? "Killers/survivors should always win"?

"You win some, you lose some" should be everyone's attitude to competitive games, honestly. Not just developers, but players in particular. If you go into every game expecting to win, you're going to be disappointed a lot.

• snozer
    Options

Survival rate is fine to balance off, you just need to make it matter so survivors don't do stupid things because they already got their pip.

Identity v does it perfectly.

2 escape 2 die = tie

3 escape 1 die = depip killer

3 die 1 escape = depip all survivors.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213
    edited December 2019
    Options

Serious question.

If the Killer is one player, and they can only be at one place at a time, how do they stop people from doing gens when they are chasing someone?

There is a high chance at least one Gen is going to be complete within the first minute and a half of a match. This just feels bad. And hooking someone doesn't really provide pressure when survivors can just ignore them for nearly a minute.

As a survivor main I almost never feel pressured by the killer unless:

1. My team is going down really fast/are real bad at chases.

2. I am the one being chased.

In every other situation I am free to do gens. Hell, if there is one player who gets instantly downed and hooked I ignore them until I am done my gen. Usually someone else has already pulled them off way before that though.

• Rie
    Rie Member Posts: 86
    Options

Of course we are, silly you.

That wouldn't make BHVR a ton of money if they wasted unecessary time on this.

Secondary objective for survivors, pffff. Can you believe this player, who would ever want such a thing, I love holding M1 for minutes!

No, instead they should focus on non gameplay relevant content, as they rightfully are already.

Cosmetics every other week or so, now that's where it's at.

And honestly you just have to apply more pressure to the survivors.

... in a 1 v 4, where you can only chase 1 person at a time

... with over half the cast of the killers who dont have map mobility

... on a lot of maps that are super well designed and not totally a killer nightmare

Also, have you heard of Ruin? It's great, suvivors love this perk, makes doing gens even more fun and interactive. Get a guaranteed 100% unfindable spot for your totem aswell, every game!

/s

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632
    Options

It's not about the gen speeds, it's about the players you're up against and if they have Prove Thyself and/or toolboxes. And most killers don't tunnel to win. I get tunneled about every other game yet only one gen has been finished. If I ran DS on my Ash then I'd have a damn near perfect escape-death ratio.

• BlueFang
    BlueFang Member Posts: 1,379
    Options

Personally I blame the swamp

The freaking swamp!