What tunnelling means ( for entitled survivors )

Options
2»

Comments

• Killernewb86
    Killernewb86 Member Posts: 31
    Options

If your objective is maxing out on points, yeah. If you enjoy actually killing survivors it isn’t. Forcing the 3v1 is how you really win as killer. (Vs half way decent survivors)

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627
    edited December 2019
    Options

@Kenidur I actually prefer that slugging to get the info if the unhooker has BT or not. That can be an important information. And in addition, I like to deny BP and emblem progress for safe unhooks, if it wasn't a safe unhook. But nevertheless it is a boring experience for the slugged one. Not as bad as being hooked twice in a row, but I get a lot of complaints about that too.

@Clevite And how about your killer games experience? Any comments on how it feels when you hit the first person while the first gen pops? Btw tunneling is not the strategy that makes gens popping around, that's camping. Tunneling helps you slow down the gens popping as there are less survivors earlier in the game, and less survivors doing gens while you are in a chase with one.

It is really funny how many people are around, demanding fair play from the killer. Just one question: if you (this goes to all) think it should be common for killers to not go for the injured survivor (who is way easier to down and makes the game way easier to control when going against just 3 survivors), did you ever spawn beneath a ruin totem and thought "well, let's push through one gen at least and after that I cleanse it, just that the killer doesn't totally waste one of his perk slots and give him a better experience"? Or how often do you tend to offer the killer free hits or even free hooks, just because "well, you chased me like over a minute already and 2 gens popped, you really deserve this first hit at least"? I personally experienced ONE endgame sacrifice on a regular 4escape match within 2 years. Just as a sidenote maybe.

I myself also don't like to offer free hits as survivor, but just because I'm not the best looper and because it is so uncommon to give presents in this game. I just normally offer hatch or just slug instead of 3rd-hook, when I get the feeling that this one is not very experienced or got sandbagged by a teammate. Not talking about farming, that's a different topic.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335
    Options

No it feels bad dude. And I understand why it is done. I was quilty myself when I was a newer killer or really going for rank.

I also understand it takes time to convince survivors to play chill. But if they indeed notice you are being cool they also seem to play less sweaty.

And sometimes you will just get your butt kicked. I've been on both sides of that as well.

It's just as killer, even if I lose I got to play. I got a say in the outcome. If I am a survivor and camped to second stage, tunneled off the hook through BT, I didn't have fun nor get to play.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627
    Options

Well, depends. It happens less often, but if I just get to two or three hooks a game, I would't say I got to play, also just chasing a single survivor or breaking chases after a minute to find another god looper doesn't thrill me. Sure, you click some buttons and keys, but to me it doesn't make any difference than hangin on a hook for 2 minutes.

And I rarely notice survivors changing from sweaty to chill. To me it even more appears that they think they can do whatever they want if I leave them space to do so. That's why I normally turn chilly once I notice I don't have the super loop squad gen rusher party in my game. But that's probably just luck based, so don't wanna counter you here.

• Kenidur
    Kenidur Member Posts: 156
    Options

It is a boring experience for the slugged one, but in doing so, you are doing 2 things, you are giving him a chance to continue to play, Which makes a big difference in the after game chat. What kills it is if you slug, hang close by watching for another survivor to pick them up so you can slug them again. At that point the game becomes a boring POS for all survivors involved and you will hear about it after.

That being said, there will always be one idiot who talks crap no matter what. fortunately as long as you aren't pulling shiz like this, you'll only hear about it 1 in 10 rounds as killer. Have some fun with them, let someone go. Hell if you know you've won it in under 5 minutes, instead of hooking the last 2 people, let them farm it up a little. It will pay in the long run and, if you're playing with them, you can easily end up with up to double the blood points in a game that goes 5 minutes longer. I just played a round where after hooking everyone twice, and kililng 1, got in chase and downed one and both others were right there. so I downed them both. Technically, game over, I win, with maybe 20k points due to how fast the game went. Instead of ending it right there, I pick one up, walk her over to the other and let her wiggle off, she picks up the other, then the last. Game now continues and I let all 3 go. after the doors are open, 1 decides to hang back and sacrifice herself so I get extra points. I walk out with 31k,. the 2 survivors walk out with 27 and 29k respectively, the the one who sacrificed herself, still ended up with 25k.We all had fun, we all made out. we all knew that ultimately, I won, To me knowing I could have killed all 4 and walked out with 22k points is good, but walking out with 2 dead and 30k points, and happy survivors, to me is better.

On top of that,do the math, 20K points with B&C and Survivor Cake is 60k blood points, vs. 5 additional points, 30k points for a total of 90k blood points, Which would you prefer?

• BushetteLyfe
    BushetteLyfe Member Posts: 27
    Options

I will admit when I first started I did that to 2 different twitch streamers while I was still learning. But related this was like 16' and I still can't play killer sooooo...