WTH just happened?

Options

Okay, this happened: We were going against Trapper. Match was going meh.

I run away. I get into a corner, there is a trap. Nowhere to go. He doesn't kill me. Instead he downs me and leaves me. From then on he ignores me. I'm trying to tease him, he doesn't give a #########. Before I know what is happening, someone writes me an XBOX message: I will be reported for teaming with killer.

I realize now that's what it looked like. I hate ppl teaming with killer. I think it ruins the fun. I also hate "let us all hit and heal to grind bloodpoints". I think we get enough bloodpoints. I usually leave a match when either one of those happens.

Now I'm wondering, why did the killer do that? Why did he randomly pick me all of the sudden when I was already hooked twice and was cornered. What does he gain other then making me look like a dick? Is it some form of trolling survivors?

Comments

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,031
    Options

... So why did you team with the killer?

• micha_beck
    micha_beck Member Posts: 78
    Options

Haha. Funny.

• Gravewalker200
    Gravewalker200 Member Posts: 451
    Options

Just ignore them and move on

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883
    Options

were you an obsession?

• micha_beck
    Options

I'd rather understand the motivation.

If Killers can just decide to ignore one person, and all others think they are teaming... I don't wanna know how often I thought someone was teaming and they were not.

• micha_beck
    Options

No, I don't think so. And when the last one died he didn't hook me, but walked toward the hatch until I wiggled out and escaped. I don't think it was a perk.

• The_Second_Coming
    The_Second_Coming Member Posts: 1,110
    edited December 2019
    Options

You just experienced the Xbox Live playerbase. You think that's bad? Get in your DeLorean and go back to 2009 and play some Modern Warfare 2.

• Xerge
    Xerge Member Posts: 928
    Options

Maybe he thought you had ds?

• Shredder32
    Shredder32 Member Posts: 38
    Options

if he already hooked you twice, maybe he didn't want to be harassed for "tunneling" and just slugged you instead.

• micha_beck
    edited December 2019
    Options

Nah guys. He was actively going out if his way to ignore me after a certain point. Didn't touch me anymore. Never seen anything like that. Really weird.

I don't wanna seem paranoid, but it retrospect it seems like he was either trying to make it look like I was teaming, or he knew me.

I wish there was a way to see old match statistics and who you played with. Would love to ask them.

• micha_beck
    edited December 2019
    Options

Thank you for your valuable contribution to my thread. Here, have a cookie. πŸͺ

I don't think it's bad. I want to understand the motivation and I'm reflecting on how certain actions in the game can look to others.

• The_Second_Coming
    The_Second_Coming Member Posts: 1,110
    edited December 2019
    Options
  • KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

You don't have to do that! Most of those 2009 players are still around playing the same damn game except every single one of them is threatening to boot you offline now instead of most of them!

• SafetyOff
    SafetyOff Member Posts: 68
    Options

First. I mean if you didn't even check if you were the obsession, you're not doing your due diligence.

2nd. Besides that maybe you were gonna die on 3rd hook so he spared you.

3rd. He was farming some specific challenge.

4th. He thought you were a noob and felt bad?

Many reasons. And the report doesnt matter because you weren't teaming and it required video evidence.

• micha_beck
    edited December 2019
    Options

1. I'm 99% sure I wasn't the obsession. Usually I can tell why a killer ignores me (ds, killer perk etc.). I was just being honest that I wasn't 100% sure. But if push comes to shove I'd say I was not.

2. The game is "kill all survivors", sparing someone makes no sense

3. Possible, but I wouldn't know the challenge "let one guy live"

4. I'm playing in the red ranks and believe me I was not the one to have pity on.

Also the other survivor said he recorded the match which is two clicks on the Xbox controller to record what happened the last X minutes so, yeah, it really does matter. But thanks for sharing.

• TeddyR
    TeddyR Member Posts: 46
    Options

First of all i hate you for hating killers who are friendly, and secondly you may have done something specific that triggered this, i know sometimes if one person is playing good and their teamates are trash and basically getting them killed i may leave the one person alive since it isnt fair for them to lose on behalf of others, yet i know you hate this because killers being nice is stupid to you

• DwarvenTavern
    DwarvenTavern Member Posts: 2,495
    edited December 2019
    Options

I do that quite frequently. Usually the person I spared is just a solo survivor getting brutality screwed over by their team who's not trying. I'll use a recent example.

It was the beginning of this month so it was quite recently. Anyway. I was GhostFace on The Game and there was this Christmas Sweater Bill. I was just running around doing my thing and I realized that the other three survivors were... essentially potatoes. We were all in red ranks and it confused me why they were acting like this. Poor Bill kept getting body blocked, stabbed by them failing skill checks, them blowing up gens, hell they even farmed him in front of me. He turned towards me and just pointed at the hook. I downed him, crouched next to him and just shook my head no. I sacrificed the rest of the survivors and I carried Bill to the hatch. He messaged me thanking me and told me what happened. I'm glad I did that, if I get banned, whatever. He didn't deserve to get screwed over that badly. I actually ran into the same guy when I got rekt as a killee, we said hi and talked about our day haha.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318
    Options

I've never heard of this. In game reports are nothing anyways.

• foochill1
    foochill1 Member Posts: 109
    Options

From an Xbox player to another, aye bro have you noticed an unusual numbers of survivors with 2 numbers at the end, w/e maybe coincidence but I $h@t you not, theres a bunch of fake survivors.

• Rasinbran
    Rasinbran Member Posts: 240
    Options

Well when I do that it's because I'm bored with that survivor, usually when they play real bad is the reason I ignore them.