Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Oh my god the Hag sucks

Tr0g
Tr0g Member Posts: 241
edited December 2019 in General Discussions

M1 killer with 110% mov speed, has teleports but by the time you teleport to a triggered trap (if it's triggered at all) the survivor has quite a head start and the chase lasts FOREVER with this movement speed.

The only viable playstyle I've worked out is.. camping for a 1-2k game. Against SWF, no chance.

This is absolutely the worst killer I've played so far, even Trapper is much more useful.

Anyone got any strategies for the Hag that don't involve camping and might be viable against SWF? They can loop me nearly forever with this mov speed. Only solo players fall for the traps.

Β«1

Comments

• Tr0g

Tell me how to play her then. I've searched and basically everyone says she's a camping killer.

Literally all she has is M1 and teleports to triggered traps. #########, I would trade the traps for 115% mov speed.

• The_Second_Coming
    The_Second_Coming Member Posts: 1,110

I don't play Hag. I'm a Wraith main. That being said, she has the potential to be absolutely disgustingly scary to go against.

• bubbasbasementchest
    bubbasbasementchest Member Posts: 62
    edited December 2019

Placing traps (if you place them well) around hooked survivors will usually give you enough time to get a hit off of the un-hooker. You also need to place traps around pallet loops to end chases quickly, because the player’s camera will always turn towards your projection once it triggers, making it easy to reappear and M1 for the hit. Ruin is a must, because, like Trapper, it will take time to set everything up the way you want it, and the reason why she is 110% movement speed is because she has all of these traps at her disposal, she doesn’t need to go around collecting them like Trapper does. You also should not expect a quick game unless you’ve hooked somebody in the basement against an overly altruistic team.

• Apple2o
    Apple2o Member Posts: 624

Hag is terrifying. Her only true weakness is SWF on comms with flashlights really.

You will have to be willing to camp really, since that is where she is strongest. I usually do Ruin + Monitor + Sloppy + Agitation on her.

Monitor turns hag into a stealth killer-lite, letting you get an easy M1 at generators most of the time. Sloppy is super nice because it encourages people to stay injured, making them more vulnerable to stepping on a trap and getting instant downed by it.

Agitation is super nasty on her because you can bring the survivor to a corner hook or the basement more easily, where it's going to cost the survivors a lot to rescue them; if they even can.

The initial down on her is probably the hardest part, don't chase people into areas where you don't have traps. That's a good way to lose, instead find some generators and set up shop.

Ideally you set an area up, find a nearby gen and get the quick M1 with monitor and abuse, and then chase them into your trapped area where they will inevitably step on one.

• MrChillsX
    MrChillsX Member Posts: 29

Thank you Not-Queen. If you complain about something, everyone just considers you bad or something. Wish people would give advice instead of dismissing their skill level.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,970

I know that hag is good but I legitimately can't stand playing the 110 speeds

• JC316
    JC316 Member Posts: 693

You have to think ahead as hag because of her movement speed. Don't place the trap directly in front of a window or pallet, as that can give them time to vault it. Place it further out. Also, don't swing directly out of a teleport, she's not Nurse or Spirit. She's a natural proxy camper due to the short distance she can teleport.

• Exerlin
    Exerlin Member Posts: 1,352

You need to place traps in places people commonly go to. Placing them in jungle gyms, by windows, or by pallets is generally a good idea. Also place them in choke points or places you know people are going to cross.

If you think someone is about to trigger a trap, start spamming control/your teleport button. This will guarantee that you teleport ASAP, netting you a hit if your trap was positioned properly. However, remember that hag does not get a lunge instantly out of teleporting, so wait a second before you lunge or you will do a short attack.

Hag takes a lot of practice, and you'll eventually figure out what survivors do and where they like to go. Just remember: Don't chase someone in an un-trapped area. That is the most important thing to learn, and it seems to be what you're struggling with. Place more traps instead so that you can end chases quickly later.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Stats showed that VERY few play her, i would assume some reasons being yours.

However, it also showed that those who do play her a lot are quite powerful.

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773

Don't take this the wrong way, but you don't have enough Hag experience. Hag is a top tier killer, and the only reason she isn't viable is because she's so hard countered by flashlights.

Hag's traps give her incredible map pressure, and can give a free hit or end a chase if placed right, her small Terror Radius and Size when paired with Monitor makes her incredibly sneaky, and she has the added bonus of normal M1 killer besides speed (which can be fixed by an addon.)

Hag is not someone you can just pick up, she takes a lot of practice before she gets good.

• Tr0g
    edited December 2019

So basically another killer I hate that I have to grind to get the teachable Ruin perk.

Why is it that the worst killers have the best perks and the best killers require perks from others? Meh.

I don't see how she has map pressure, considering the very limited distance she can teleport to her traps. Your best chance seems to be a 3-gen strategy, preferably near the basement. Otherwise gg.

Why would I want to play Hag when I can play Freddy, for example.

• Thatbrownmonster
    Thatbrownmonster Member Posts: 1,640

put a hag trap in one of the sides of a pallet

bam you won that chase

Even if the survivor goes back and drops between the ilusion and himself you can still down him since he is going your way, and if he vaults you can teleport and down him

• Apple2o

That's too liable for them to get an unhook with urban evasion or flashlights. If you are in the nearby area, there is no way for them to make a save without triggering the traps. Ideally you distance the traps so that they eat one, take a hit, and if they bomb the hook after that they are going down because of the trap at the hook as well.

I usually try to 1 hook the first person I get with hag, because she is the best character in the game to do so without having to facecamp like leatherface.

If you are going for pips maybe let them unhook but I go for 4ks, not pips.

• silverwolf4455
    silverwolf4455 Member Posts: 496

I love my hag... the only thing I hate is her camera height cause she's so short

• gantes
    gantes Member Posts: 1,611

If you're 1 hooking people with a killer that already has a bad early game, good survivors should have popped 4 gens by the time they die.

The absolute best way to play her is by exploiting Make Your Choice, or at least pressuring multiple people after saves. If you've trapped properly, they may get rid of the hook trap with a flashlight but the moment you get in a chase your traps will get triggered.

Pressuring only one, at max 2 people at a time is rarely a good idea with any killer. Good survivors will destroy you if you're playing like that.

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962

This post makes me giggle :D

• Apple2o

No, because most survivors are not going to sit around doing gens while their team dies like that. The entire team typically funnels into the trapped area and feeds even more downs. I 1 hook people regularly at rank 1 with her.

• Xerge
    Xerge Member Posts: 928

Don't use the add ons that increase the trap range.

• Tr0g

I have to stay near my traps or they are useless. On small maps she has map pressure but what about large open maps like Swamp? Survivors literally run circles around you laughing cause there are barely any choke points and you can't move too far away from your traps.

• Apple2o
    edited December 2019

You don't need to trap chokepoints, you need to trap pallet loops. A handful of traps can shut down an entire section of the map.

Once you have played this game long enough you will know all the pallet spawns, and those are exactly where the survivors are going to run to once you have them in a chase.

Trapping chokepoints is for when you already have someone on the hook, because then the survivors have to come to you.

• Purple_Orc
    Purple_Orc Member Posts: 225
    edited December 2019

Since @SpaceCoconut didn't say it I will. Watch his youtube videos. He's very good at playing Hag.

• gantes

You teleport 40 meters at base. With no add-ons. Almost twice your terror radius and out of Make Your Choice range. You're supposed to play half-map with her, not try to be everywhere at once.

I'm talking about good survivors. You can get away with camping with every killer given the right team of potatoes, and there are plenty of those in red ranks. Bad survivors AND killers alike can climb if they play enough hours in this game.

• BigBubs
    BigBubs Member Posts: 1,131

I feel bad for the poor guy if he thinks hag is bad xD

• Herman_CMH
    Herman_CMH Member Posts: 181

Agree, one more thing is the chasing speed, I just never can hit a survivor if he / she is good at looping

• Darkskies
    Darkskies Member Posts: 1,158

I was just about to send them to your videos but others have already shared.

Check out space coconut amazing hag main I have learnt so much in the very little time I have been watching I no longer fear hag dailys and even on ps4 your tips and view points are amazing.

I am now actually playing her some more than just for dailys but not to much do not want piggy to get jealous lol

BTW your laugh is amazing πŸ–πŸ’•

Much respect 🐽

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962

I'm glad you're doing well with her :)

love you back :P

• FancyMrB
    FancyMrB Member Posts: 1,250

She isn't a camping killer, or at least if you play her that way it is not optimal.

Pick a side of the map with the best gen configuration. Set traps in middle of jungle gyms, and at key vaults. If you can trap the shack do it.

Don't get in long chases with her. This is key. If you are chasing someone in a non trap zone you are wasting time. Herd survivors to your trapped area and let them do all the work for you.

When it comes to hooking a survivor do NOT trap around the hook. It wastes time and not very effective with swf anyways.

Instead, trap the closest jungle gyms and high traffic areas. You want to always be applying pressure. If someone trips a trap on the way to an unhook that is what you want! Bam, you got one on the hook and now you are chasing a second. The other two have to act. If you down that survivor before the other is unhooked you are now snow balling baby!

Her best perk is Monitor and Abuse. Use if effectively by approaching gens in an unusually way (like behind against the wall). The small terror radius and her small stature can really trip up survivors.

Besides MA, Play with your Food can help her with speed, and Whispers let you quickly know if survivors are near gens are not. Do not use it as a tracking perk, use it as 'oh there are not in this area' and move on perk. Its a time saver.

Her best add-ons are the increased distance to teleport, and the fast trap set.

Hag is a queen and can easily get you to purple ranks. This is just my experience. I love her to bits!

• Apple2o

Lol. Camping works against any team, of any skill level. You watch a "mean" streamer like pro vengeance camp and tunnel and it works for HUNDREDS of games in a row.

• Apple2o

So you can tell me it doesn't work because 1 out of 200 games you will find the super unaltrustic survivors who just sit on gens while everyone dies 1 by 1.

• Hex_KillerMainBTW
    Hex_KillerMainBTW Member Posts: 449

Hag is one of THE most balanced killers imo. Her movement speed is the same as huntress. Doing early traps around corners, strong loops and putting some near hooks makes her amazing. If you truly are going a 4 stack SWF, they won't even know you had a trap there. Use perks like monitor and abuse, save the best for last and you're golden. Grandma's heart and waterlogged shoes are my two favorite add ons for her. Especially on coldwind farm where there's good strong loops. You chase them, they try and go through a window but SURPRISE, it's blocked off and then her current terror radius goes to 0 while the triggered trap's is at 16 meters.

• gantes

The only reason why it "works" is because survivors get bored. No one actually wants to sit on gens the entire game. Most survivors would rather risk throwing the game because people don't play videogames to get bored to death.

If they want to escape against you while you 1-hook someone, they will. I absolutely guarantee it.

• silverwolf4455
    silverwolf4455 Member Posts: 496

Well you dont chase with her. You trap. If you find yourself chasing you need to set more traps, especially at loops. She is a really strong killer she just has a different play style.

• DingDongs
    DingDongs Member Posts: 684
    edited December 2019

Just set trap on near pallets, hex totem, hooked survivor, strong loop place, gens and windows

She's slow indeed but you need a teleport to hit/down survivors easily during chase

If you're chasing a survivor with good chasing and waste your time, forget about them and hunt somebody else. Don't spent so much time on 1 person.

SWF are problem to all killers and not just Hag (Trust me)

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,145

The hag is the only killer who can grab survivor's camera and direct it forcing them to bump into objects. What not to likes about her?

• Tr0g
    edited December 2019

I feel like Hag is extra problematic against SWF. Other killers retain their abilities but if there are 1-2 flashlights and voice comms in the game your traps are pointless. And then you're just an M1 killer with 110% mov speed and a crappy camera height.

She has traps that she can teleport to, to M1 people.. So you have to play mind tricks twice to get 1 down. Other killers have abilities to down someone immediately. Freddy can teleport to any gen of choice (or fake teleport) while also countering loops with his Dream Snares. Doctor can counter loops with his shock while also passively making the game more difficult for survivors and revealing their positions. Demogorgon can teleport around the maps using portals. All those killers have 115% mov speed too. Hag depends on her traps being triggered to use her underwhelming teleport ability.

I just feel the Hag's ability is underwhelming compared to other killers. Like someone said, you're only supposed to play one half of the map. It's like you must go for a 3-gen strategy otherwise you can't win. And when you're down to 3 gens her poor chase potential will make the game an endless stalemate.

On console 90% of games are against SWF with voice comms (consoles are more social), so I consider gameplay against SWF to be standard.

• Helevetin_nopee
    Helevetin_nopee Member Posts: 408

Always have all of your traps scattered in the map. Always.

• immortalls96
    immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652

So you want to play hag do you? Well my friend..let us begin..Hag is all strategy and deception..forcing survivors into her traps..As you begin the match start placing traps in strategic locations survivors are likely to step in as you search for a chase target ..Gens and jungle gyms chief among them, but areas survivors cut through commonly to get between gens is also a good idea as they wont be expecting those and are very likely to help you get chases done faster.

Now next is placement..trap placement is as important as location..advanced hag players know that when you trap a jungle gym..put the trap to slightly sideways from the pallet or window your trapping , this makes use of the camera lock hag traps give to disrupt survivor pathing and help you land those hits..note that trapping too close to the pallet will result in you eating splinters.

Next is pressure..hag has to play things differently as a 110 killer..if a chase is going poorly and another trap goes off..switch targets, you may get the easier target or at least keep gens down a little bit better, and once a survivor is hooked, place a trap near them as to slow down their rescuers..and make sure traps are close enough you can hopefully get a trap to go off on the unhooker..this helps hag make extremely good use of make your choice and this is where she is strongest..while someone is hooked she can snowball off a rescue like mad..in the case of a basement hook..add one additional trap at the top of the stairs..makes your basement very hard to escape.

Finally..mind games..sometimes you'll find yourself in a place devoid of traps..if you feel confident..place a trap along the loop and based off your survivor..you can use the trap as normal..or..use it to scare survivors into trying to get back over the window/pallet as you flank around the other way..the old checkmate play..With some practice you'll find these tips should help you immensely and will show you why hag is an almost perfect killer for dbd..and why shes extremely underestimated

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,047
    edited December 2019

She's a incredibly powerful killer definitely one of the top tier killers without much effort. Problem is you need to learn how to place traps and where. When I say how it means what is the purpose of this trap. Is it to Abuse the camera flick, protect a hook/location, or keep survivors on guard? Location Location Location is important with her. She's not a chaser, but instead a Spider who expects you to come to her. Hit the survivor and move on. Hag is one of the most powerful killers if you know how to survivor well.