The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

This game is kinda ticking me off.

In one match I had the joy of half the map only having 2 pallets where there should have been many more (the structures were there but no pallets and no splinters, either.)

Later, I had the joys of being hit from around 5-10m away (post-lunge distance) and even the killer said they had no clue how they kept hitting me from so far away since they were nowhere near me on their screen when they hit me either.

Just now, I spawned into the game right next to a Huntress... Who had iri head. Literally the second I got into the game she saw me standing in the open and just lobbed a hatchet at me as I was taking my first few steps and insta downed me. To top it off, right after she hooked me the game decided it was a prime time to disconnect me from the game (despite the fact my internet connection, Steam connection and Discord connection were fine) and then slapped me with a DC penalty, too.

I'm really loving getting the entity's shaft. This is why I don't play survivor except for when I have to (friends/challenges e.g. the majority of the tome).

Comments

• Accullla
    Accullla Member Posts: 984

Sounds like one of those days where everything goes wrong for you.. Reminds me of the time when I got fined on a train after losing my ticket, having a bird poop on me and slipping (and falling) on cat vomit - all in one day.

Just roll with it.. bad luck doesn't last forever :)

• Scully162
    Scully162 Member Posts: 22

I feel that man. Issue is it's been like it the past few days and seemingly only for DBD. At least it's not transferring to real life (touch wood) haha.

Hopefully your luck has improved!

• Accullla
    Accullla Member Posts: 984

Oh yea it has! Thanks for the sympathy :) The point I was trying to make is that this game is heavily based on RNG - pallet spawns, killer/survivor spawns, etc. It sounds like you really had a stream of viciously bad luck with all of those factors going against you simultaneously and that's really demoralising, but at the end of the day bad luck doesn't last forever!

I hope the RNG gods bless you in your next games!

• Atrushan88
    Atrushan88 Member Posts: 2,092

This is why I've always said all maps need to be the exact same size with the same amount of pallets, and same distance from doors. Placement and everything can be random but those things need to happen.

• Talmeer
    Talmeer Member Posts: 1,520
    edited December 2019

I have a lot of experience in making maps. I making them as a hobby since Halflife 1 times for a variety of games and after my experience - that would be boring.

Sure, the same size... That is something that could be done with any negative drawbacks.

Also, the same amount of pallets, but the same distance to doors?

That's a too hard restriction to the creative mind that trys to make those maps imo.

Edit: I mean, we also like that the maps are looking good, or not? And not the same over and over again...

• JC316
    JC316 Member Posts: 693

Always seems like the game is screwing you over, regardless of killer or survivor. As killer, I get a disgusting amount of pallets, as survivor there's none to be seen. As killer I get purple rank gods with 3K hours in the game, yet as survivor I get potatoes that are self caring 20m from me when I'm on the hook, while the killer is chasing someone else, then they unhook with the killer RIGHT THERE and I get tunneled. As survivor, I can't find ruin, but as killer it spawns right in front of someone.

• Atrushan88
    Atrushan88 Member Posts: 2,092
    edited December 2019

I mean one on each side to where the killer can't just sit there in the center and keep an eye on both. It'd make EGC less of a free 4k. I don't see that being too big of a problem. They spawn on the same wall more often than not.